HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Trump Is Dead Wrong: "We ...

Sun Dec 20, 2015, 02:04 PM

Trump Is Dead Wrong: "We Don't Know What We're Doing"

Watching George Stephanopolis this morning I heard Trump bloviating his normal crap. His shtick is constantly complaining about the Obama administration, and especially the Iran deal. Of course he won't say how he would have made Iran surrender totally.... His normal blabber is saying things like "We are run by people that don't have a clue" and that is a quote.

Here is where Trump is wrong. The billionaires, who write million dollar campaign checks, and the corporations they own, with their armies of lobbyists, the people that ACTUALLY run our country (for their own benefit, not ours) know exactly what they are doing. Their 50 trillion dollars in wealth run our country, not the skinny guy in the White House. Just ask Bernie.

Having carnival barkers like Trump blaming everyone but the oligarchs for our nation's problems, and dividing us even further, is a huge part of our America's real problem. Trump, and his minions, or other "conservatives" are constantly trying to convince us to make government even weaker, so weak it can be drowned in a bathtub, so the filthy rich can rob us at will.

The government is the only thing that stands between our families, and their total control, and man the oligarchs want it gone. They want to run the whole show, not just the 99% they already control.

And the media lets him ramble on. They are worse than him. Of course we know who owns the media now don't we.

Trump also complains a lot about the national debt. Funny thing is I never hear him talk about making the folks that make all the money, and the corporations who are pretty much tax free a lot of the time, pay their fair share so we could pay the debt off.....

Bait and switch.

What do you expect from a jerk like Trump.

6 replies, 906 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trump Is Dead Wrong: "We Don't Know What We're Doing" (Original post)
Yallow Dec 2015 OP
saltpoint Dec 2015 #1
gratuitous Dec 2015 #2
2naSalit Dec 2015 #3
spanone Dec 2015 #4
world wide wally Dec 2015 #5
B Calm Dec 2015 #6

Response to Yallow (Original post)

Sun Dec 20, 2015, 02:15 PM

1. Trump appeals to those GOP voters

who have in common a few identifiable features.

One is they believe Obama is a Muslim, likely born in Kenya, not that they could find Kenya on a map. Not that they could find the left side of their own asses with a 3-panel mirror.

Two is that Murka was ruined by hippies, liberals, academics, and scientists, not least because some or all of those groups keep using fact-based arguments when discussing policy. The Trump demographic is anti-all those groups generally and anti-fact particularly.

A third feature is tax cuts. The rule here is, the richer you are the greater your need to enjoy generous tax cuts. Taxes on the wealthy should be cut even as social services for the poor should be reduced or eliminated.

A fourth is that President Obama and his administration are clueless. They are incompetent and are trying to establish Sharia law in Murka. Not all Republicans believe this by the same intensity but many do.

There are other features. But that's a handful to start with in trying to understand why Trump continues to lead national GOP primary polling.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Dec 20, 2015, 02:23 PM

2. Translation from Trumpese

"What I really mean is that I don't know how this works, I don't have the time or patience to learn, and so I'll just carp about it. Everyone else who is in the same know-nothing boat as me will think of me as their hero."

With knowledge comes nuance and that's death to Trump's style of politicking. Ignorant bloviating is so much more immediate and to his fans satisfying. Why the popular media doesn't say or do something about it is a mystery if you subscribe to the notion that the media have the country's best interests at heart.

Reply to this post

Response to gratuitous (Reply #2)

Sun Dec 20, 2015, 02:26 PM

3. I truly suspect that

someone is paying him to go out and do as much damage as possible... like break the GOP or break the election process or make whomever does get the nomination look sane.

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 20, 2015, 03:03 PM

4. trump is just full of shit. his followers take solace in being lied to.

fuck trump and his ship of fools

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 20, 2015, 03:48 PM

5. Trump is just like a fan of a football team that isn't doing well.

He points out problems that may or may not exist, but according to him, nothing is going right. This is the easiest thing in the world to do.
But, you notice that all of his suggestions to improve the team are either imbecillic or they violate the rules of the game.
He has never been on the actual playing field because he can't actually play the game. He is only capable of accusation and criticism... And bluster, of course. He's the idiot at the bar you just want to shut up, but you let him go on because it breaks up some of the boredom.

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 20, 2015, 03:58 PM

6. Trump was born on third base and he thinks he hit a triple.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread