HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I've seen a few threads a...

Sat Dec 5, 2015, 01:32 AM

I've seen a few threads about the San Bernadino terrorist's

lawyer and the question I have not seen asked is why dead people have a lawyer and why he is giving press conferences.

When a lawyer acts like this he is normally either protecting huge assets or chasing huge assets and I see neither here. There may be a mortgaged house involved or options on a TV movie. I just can't see a strategy for a windfall that allows a contingency award that pays him off.

Can anyone tell me what his goal is?

14 replies, 1539 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 14 replies Author Time Post
Reply I've seen a few threads about the San Bernadino terrorist's (Original post)
catnhatnh Dec 2015 OP
CBGLuthier Dec 2015 #1
flamingdem Dec 2015 #4
cherokeeprogressive Dec 2015 #10
catnhatnh Dec 2015 #5
Facility Inspector Dec 2015 #14
flamingdem Dec 2015 #2
hardluck Dec 2015 #3
6chars Dec 2015 #6
left on green only Dec 2015 #7
840high Dec 2015 #8
branford Dec 2015 #11
branford Dec 2015 #9
951-Riverside Dec 2015 #12
flamingdem Dec 2015 #13

Response to catnhatnh (Original post)

Sat Dec 5, 2015, 01:36 AM

1. You must think lawyers are only after money. That is sad.

Maybe he is just trying to help the world understand something difficult. Contrary to your biased opinion not all lawyers are greedy money grubbing assholes.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to CBGLuthier (Reply #1)

Sat Dec 5, 2015, 01:43 AM

4. This lawyer is a gun nut and conspiracy promotor

so yes he has motives other than money. See the press conference online very bizarre.

Reply to this post

Response to flamingdem (Reply #4)

Sat Dec 5, 2015, 03:50 AM

10. If we're talking about the lawyer I think we are... he's no "gun nut". He's a liar.

His words were "x,000 rounds of bullets".

?

LOL... nope.

Reply to this post

Sat Dec 5, 2015, 01:46 AM

5. You're fucking kidding, right? n/t

Reply to this post

Sat Dec 5, 2015, 11:05 AM

14. Yeah

and the IRS are sweet angels of light and gossamer honey thread.

Reply to this post

Sat Dec 5, 2015, 01:37 AM

2. The family wants the infant back from child protective services

that might be related - and he's acting more like a PR person for their image - who knows.

Reply to this post

Sat Dec 5, 2015, 01:43 AM

3. Potential wrongful death action

For letting them bleed out without providing medical assistance. Steve Yagman represented the families of the North Hollywood shooters in a similar unsuccessful lawsuit. Might not win but it will give him lots of publicity.

Reply to this post

Response to hardluck (Reply #3)

Sat Dec 5, 2015, 01:56 AM

6. Rightful death

Reply to this post

Sat Dec 5, 2015, 03:09 AM

7. It's My Understanding That The Mother Was Living In The Townhouse With Them......

........and that she is saying that being dumber than shit is her reason for not knowing what was going on underneath her nose. As soon as I saw the eyeliner makeup that the ambulance chaser was wearing in the press conference, I assumed that he had been hired to throw sand in everyone's eyes, just to distract them from the culpability of the mother.

Reply to this post

Response to left on green only (Reply #7)

Sat Dec 5, 2015, 03:43 AM

8. Not just the mother - did the family never

visit? Surely they saw things.

Reply to this post

Response to 840high (Reply #8)

Sat Dec 5, 2015, 03:55 AM

11. Family members are friends are often in denial or willfully blind to wrongdoing.

Who wants to believe their child, sibling, best friend, etc., is a terrorist psychopath?

People are often willing to engage in extraordinary levels of denial rather than face such horrible truths.

We see it every day in the news. For instance, the response from the mothers of murderers and rapists with long rap sheets is almost always about how their son was a good boy, quiet, went to church, might have had some problems, but would never hurt anyone...

Reply to this post

Sat Dec 5, 2015, 03:48 AM

9. It commonplace for families of heinous criminals and terrorists to retain counsel.

The authorities will likely be questioning all the family members and some may remain under suspicion for wrongdoing, the press and other parties will be hounding them, and a lot of legal matters remain open, including return of the bodies after autopsy for burial and administrating the estate. The lawyer also often acts as the family spokesperson, as he or she is usually far more articulate, educated, experienced with the press, and will help ensure the family is not implicated in wrongdoing by careless remarks or actions. Very often attorney will agree to provide these services for free or greatly reduced rates to gain notoriety or for political and related purposes.

It is sadly also not uncommon for these same lawyers to be moronic cranks who risk damaging the families interests, as may be the case here.

Reply to this post

Sat Dec 5, 2015, 04:05 AM

12. He is one weird looking guy too

The whole event is starting to weird me out especially after the FBI was perfectly okay with letting the media and the public riffle through the terrorists' house 48 hours later and failed to take possession of important items such as shredded documents, photo ID's and several family photo albums.

Reply to this post

Response to 951-Riverside (Reply #12)

Sat Dec 5, 2015, 11:04 AM

13. He probably wants to sell the event as a reality show series on Bravo

and he'll be the host! He's a full on nutter and even mentioned that the couple was handcuffed to the vehicle in his attempt to sow doubt. Bright, not.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread