HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » DUers, I need immediate h...

Sun Nov 29, 2015, 04:52 PM

DUers, I need immediate help!

I'm debating a virulent right winger on the KRDO.com website in Colorado Springs, home of RWNJs and religious fascists - also location of the planned parenthood shooting. I stated that republican politicians drum up hate for people or organization, and at some point some mentally unbalanced person snapped. Well he's challenging me for proof. If I was on my PC I'd take on this task by myself, but I'm on an iPad, which is a bitch to cut and paste with (I must be missing something). Can anyone provide any links of ANY republican politician that has said inflammatory statement that may have led to violence? You would be doing me and us a great service and I would be very grateful. I would even take you off my ignore list. Please help!!!

Doesn't have to be about PP. Anything that show incitement by politicians, including Trump, Fiorina, Cruz, whatever!

Thank you!
Elm

32 replies, 2927 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 32 replies Author Time Post
Reply DUers, I need immediate help! (Original post)
Elmer S. E. Dump Nov 2015 OP
ananda Nov 2015 #1
Elmer S. E. Dump Nov 2015 #9
PeaceNikki Nov 2015 #2
LiberalArkie Nov 2015 #4
Elmer S. E. Dump Nov 2015 #20
cleanhippie Nov 2015 #22
Elmer S. E. Dump Nov 2015 #24
cleanhippie Nov 2015 #27
Elmer S. E. Dump Nov 2015 #28
cleanhippie Nov 2015 #29
Elmer S. E. Dump Nov 2015 #30
Elmer S. E. Dump Nov 2015 #31
LiberalArkie Nov 2015 #23
Facility Inspector Nov 2015 #5
Crabby Appleton Nov 2015 #19
unapatriciated Nov 2015 #3
Elmer S. E. Dump Nov 2015 #11
uppityperson Nov 2015 #14
Juicy_Bellows Nov 2015 #6
ChisolmTrailDem Nov 2015 #7
villager Nov 2015 #8
LiberalArkie Nov 2015 #10
nxylas Nov 2015 #12
StrayKat Nov 2015 #13
Elmer S. E. Dump Nov 2015 #15
Liberal_in_LA Nov 2015 #16
Elmer S. E. Dump Nov 2015 #17
DrewFlorida Nov 2015 #18
951-Riverside Nov 2015 #21
KamaAina Nov 2015 #25
Doubledee Nov 2015 #26
roody Nov 2015 #32

Response to Elmer S. E. Dump (Original post)

Sun Nov 29, 2015, 04:55 PM

1. cut n paste

On an iPad you press your finger on a place and then move
the edges so the blue highlight covers the passage. Then
you choose copy.

Go to the place you want to put the text, press on that space
and then hit paste. Voila!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to ananda (Reply #1)

Sun Nov 29, 2015, 05:05 PM

9. Thai you, I know that, but it doesn't work well for me.

It could be my big fingers not sure, but it might take me 5 minutes just to copy one paragraph.

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 29, 2015, 04:56 PM

2. Pro tip:

close the browser window. There's no point in debating idiots.

"Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig"

Reply to this post

Response to PeaceNikki (Reply #2)

Sun Nov 29, 2015, 05:00 PM

4. All talking with the person will do is raise your blood pressure. On DI, I simply pointed

out that the shooter did not try to rob the bank because it was pretty far from where he parked. I even posted a map. No one would accept even the shooters statements. They are even calling it a "False Flag Operation" to support Planed Parenthood and sacrificed one of their own to prove it. It is easier to talk race relations to a life long KKK member.

Reply to this post

Response to LiberalArkie (Reply #4)

Mon Nov 30, 2015, 11:57 AM

20. These people are nuts.

Do they not think the bank would know if it had a robbery gone bad? Would the tellers notice? Would there be any mention at all in the news? Just because someone at the bank saw something across the street and called 911, somehow validates their lies.

Reply to this post

Response to Elmer S. E. Dump (Reply #20)

Mon Nov 30, 2015, 12:03 PM

22. You are attempting to use logic and reason with people who have chosen to eshew logic and reason

in favor of faith-based thinking.

You will never get through to a believer entrenched in their position. Ever.

Reply to this post

Response to cleanhippie (Reply #22)

Mon Nov 30, 2015, 05:00 PM

24. They are completely propagandized and brainwashed.

And we can thank fux and rush and the demented GOP reps for it.

Reply to this post

Response to Elmer S. E. Dump (Reply #24)

Mon Nov 30, 2015, 07:31 PM

27. While fox, Rush, and the GOP certainly have used it to their advantage...

The source of such nonsensical thinking is much, much closer to home. It ain't just RW evangelicals that believe these absurdities and use faith-based thinking over logic and reason.
Head over to the Religion group for a plethora of examples.

Reply to this post

Response to cleanhippie (Reply #27)

Mon Nov 30, 2015, 09:31 PM

28. No thanks, I'm proud to operate in the material world.

Reply to this post

Response to Elmer S. E. Dump (Reply #28)

Mon Nov 30, 2015, 09:33 PM

29. Lol. You are no glutton for punishment, that's for sure!

Reply to this post

Response to cleanhippie (Reply #29)

Mon Nov 30, 2015, 10:18 PM

30. It's bad enough dealing with reality!

Reply to this post

Response to cleanhippie (Reply #29)

Mon Nov 30, 2015, 10:22 PM

31. I jut read your sigline.

Reply to this post

Response to Elmer S. E. Dump (Reply #20)

Mon Nov 30, 2015, 12:12 PM

23. I think that the police went to the bank first maybe someone ran in the bank

after hearing shots and the bank called it in so the police went there first. Or someone outside called 911 from a cell phone about hearing shots fired and the police rolled and saw a bank and thought that was were the shots were from. Until probably the UCC police officer said it was at planned parenthood before he died.

These people jump at the first report being the most accurate, when all evidence always says the first report is the least accurate.

I guess that is why my account at DI got locked "for evaluation" for 5 days since I really don't fit in with the New "freerepublic".

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 29, 2015, 05:01 PM

5. Exactamundo

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 29, 2015, 07:46 PM

19. Indeed. nt

Reply to this post

Response to unapatriciated (Reply #3)

Sun Nov 29, 2015, 05:09 PM

11. Thank you, but those would not be considered credible news sites by these people.

I truly believe these people are completely misinformed by the media the exclusively consume. I believe incontrovertible quote by pug politicians will force them to either adjust or I have the trump card over them. But it has to be believable to them.

Reply to this post

Response to Elmer S. E. Dump (Reply #11)

Sun Nov 29, 2015, 05:32 PM

14. HuffPost has links to other places under each comment, here..

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/30/exclusive-mike-huckabee-washingtons-priorities-pathetic-funding-planned-parenthood-veterans-die-waiting-healthcare/
Planned Parenthood isn’t purely a ‘healthcare provider’ any more than a heroin dealer is a community pharmacist. Butchering babies and harvesting their organs to be swapped and sold is evil. I join with millions of fed-up and frustrated Americans who are disgusted that Washington uses our tax dollars to fund this despicable organization.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-09-21/rubio-women-being-pushed-into-abortions-for-fetal-tissue-profits
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio told an Iowa-based TV station that women are being “pushed into abortions” by organizations like Planned Parenthood that then profit from selling fetal tissue.
“Now what you've done is you've created an industry—now what you've done is you've created an incentive for people to be pushed into abortions so that those [fetal] tissues can be harvested and sold for a profit,” the Florida senator said Monday in an interview with KCCI.
(Clip)
Asked if his claim about women being pressured into abortions was a stretch, Rubio held firm. “Absolutely,” he said. “If you go to one of these centers young women are provided very few options. In many places they're not told anything about, for example, adoption services that might be available to them. In essence, you come in and it's already predetermined. This is the direction—this is what this place does. It provides abortions, and we are going to channel you in that direction.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/08/11/donald-trump-is-planned-parenthood-s-favorite-republican.html
The problem that I have with Planned Parenthood is the abortion situation. It is like an abortion factory, frankly."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/va-gop-candidate-planned-parenthood-more-lethal-for-blacks-than-kkk/
"Planned Parenthood has been far more lethal to Black lives than the KKK ever was."

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 29, 2015, 05:04 PM

7. "We shouldn't be sending $500 million of taxpayer money to funding...

...an ongoing criminal enterprise." -- Ted Cruz

Could be one. I'm still looking for others. I know they're out there because we see them all the damn time. But finding them using the right keywords when names escape you is difficult.

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 29, 2015, 05:10 PM

12. That's a game you can't win

Whatever "proof" you offer to members of the Tea Party cult is automatically discredited in their eyes, since they are brainwashed into believing that everyone outside the cult is lying to them.

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 29, 2015, 05:36 PM

15. Well, what do you know!

I posted the huff post and media matters links in two separate posts. Both deleted by the moderator. I guess KRDO doesn't want them to know the truth. Thanks everyone for your help!!

Reply to this post

Response to Elmer S. E. Dump (Reply #15)

Sun Nov 29, 2015, 05:48 PM

16. Post it again

Reply to this post

Response to Liberal_in_LA (Reply #16)

Sun Nov 29, 2015, 06:09 PM

17. I posted a link from breitbart - they deleted that too. I'm wondering if they allow links at all.

I finally posted one quote from the Huckster and told him to go fuck himself if he didn't want to do his own research. The quote, from breitbart was:

Planned Parenthood isn’t purely a ‘healthcare provider’ any more than a heroin dealer is a community pharmacist. Butchering babies and harvesting their organs to be swapped and sold is evil. I join with millions of fed-up and frustrated Americans who are disgusted that Washington uses our tax dollars to fund this despicable organization.”

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 29, 2015, 07:30 PM

18. Off the top of my head; Republicans (especially Sarah Palin) continual references to "Taking Aim"...

and "Reloading" in the war againts liberals, including use of a gun sight logo in their messages. Which eventually led to the shooting of Representative Gabrielle Giffords, in Arizona.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/08/sarah-palin-statement-shooting_n_806224.html

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 30, 2015, 12:00 PM

21. I try not to look at the comment sections of news articles

It tends to attract a lot of idiots and trash.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 30, 2015, 05:02 PM

25. Two men in Boston beat up a Mexican. One said tRump's hate speech encouraged him to do it.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 30, 2015, 05:09 PM

26. On the current home page

right here is a list of statements, before and after, of those responsible for the hate crime under discussion.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 30, 2015, 11:17 PM

32. Palin had a map with targets.Giffords was one of the targeted.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread