HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » 25 million to ZERO

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 05:06 AM

25 million to ZERO

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by Skinner (a host of the General Discussion forum).

It is at minimum 25 million to ZERO and it could be as high as 45 million to ZERO.

That is the number of people who have watched a Republican Presidential debate to the number of people who have watched a Democrat Presidential debate. It’s not like the Democrats are without a primary process. There’s Martin O’Malley, Bernie Sanders, Jim Webb, and some old lady who suffered a brain injury. Perhaps the DNC is just trying to let the elderly heal before subjecting her to a debate.

The Democrats can mock and ridicule the process of the Republican debate all they want. The can run op-eds and editorials about how the candidates are terrible. But ultimately the GOP is getting out there and not protecting one old lady from all the other candidates in the field. . .

Either way, at minimum 25 million Americans have seen Republicans debate issues, disagree, and have a Presidential primary process. The Democrats are still in hiding. The sad thing is, it has more to do with protecting one old lady too scared to answer tough questions than actually having a primary debate process.

http://www.redstate.com/2015/09/18/25-million-to-zero/

55 replies, 6006 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 55 replies Author Time Post
Reply 25 million to ZERO (Original post)
elleng Sep 2015 OP
djean111 Sep 2015 #1
Doctor_J Sep 2015 #15
etherealtruth Sep 2015 #2
pangaia Sep 2015 #29
Hoyt Sep 2015 #3
leftofcool Sep 2015 #6
daleanime Sep 2015 #52
LuvNewcastle Sep 2015 #4
SheilaT Sep 2015 #5
gaspee Sep 2015 #7
Mister Ed Sep 2015 #10
gaspee Sep 2015 #24
geek tragedy Sep 2015 #44
gregcrawford Sep 2015 #20
Post removed Sep 2015 #23
gregcrawford Sep 2015 #28
muriel_volestrangler Sep 2015 #38
gregcrawford Sep 2015 #54
geek tragedy Sep 2015 #42
chervilant Sep 2015 #50
treestar Sep 2015 #31
DeadLetterOffice Sep 2015 #33
Fast Walker 52 Sep 2015 #8
Human101948 Sep 2015 #13
Divernan Sep 2015 #35
1939 Sep 2015 #36
SheilaT Sep 2015 #9
GoCubsGo Sep 2015 #21
treestar Sep 2015 #32
Divernan Sep 2015 #37
MH1 Sep 2015 #11
n2doc Sep 2015 #12
bigwillq Sep 2015 #14
brooklynite Sep 2015 #16
JackInGreen Sep 2015 #18
JackInGreen Sep 2015 #17
GoCubsGo Sep 2015 #19
Erich Bloodaxe BSN Sep 2015 #27
GoCubsGo Sep 2015 #34
geek tragedy Sep 2015 #41
Rex Sep 2015 #45
geek tragedy Sep 2015 #46
Bluenorthwest Sep 2015 #22
Hortensis Sep 2015 #25
Erich Bloodaxe BSN Sep 2015 #26
demmiblue Sep 2015 #30
SidDithers Sep 2015 #39
geek tragedy Sep 2015 #47
Rex Sep 2015 #48
geek tragedy Sep 2015 #49
Rex Sep 2015 #51
geek tragedy Sep 2015 #40
Rex Sep 2015 #43
daleanime Sep 2015 #53
Skinner Sep 2015 #55

Response to elleng (Original post)

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 05:13 AM

1. The democratic primary process, IMO, is being run as if there is no Democratic primary

process. Like it was unexpected or something, and the inconvenient parts are being suppressed.

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to djean111 (Reply #1)

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 07:32 AM

15. that's because it was supposed to be a coronation, until Sanders threw a

wrench into the gears

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 05:41 AM

2. What makes someone post a story from an extremely RIGHT WING news source?

Ugh .... so you don't like Clinton (I am not that much of a fan) .... but do you really think linking to Red State is anything but posting right wing garbage? Yes, source does matter

Response to etherealtruth (Reply #2)

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 08:52 AM

29. In this case it doesn't bother me.

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 05:51 AM

3. I think it was wise to let the GOP look like idiots, racists, and warmongers first.

Now Dems can come in and blow that crud away.

Response to Hoyt (Reply #3)

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 06:34 AM

6. +1

Response to Hoyt (Reply #3)

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 09:58 AM

52. By hiding debates on the busiest holiday weekend of the year......

........right.

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 06:22 AM

4. We haven't had a debate yet because

the DNC is letting one woman control the Democratic debate process, and she hasn't given her permission to have a debate yet. If the candidates not being endorsed by Schultz would give Schultz the finger and organize their own debates, maybe we would see a change. Leave Hillary on a stage by herself. By the time the debates start, Hillary might be irrelevant, anyway.

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 06:22 AM

5. Do people here think that just watching

the Republicans "debate" is somehow going to magically make a Republican the next President?

I'm seeing on this site such a furor over the dearth of Democratic debates that I'm puzzled.

First off, I honestly don't think that "winning" in one of the debates means anything. And I really don't think that just because the Democrats don't have fifteen or twenty-seven debates scheduled actually matters. What actually matters is the substance of a candidate, which is the difference between, say, Hillary and Bernie. And will, in the end be the difference between our nominee and the Republican one.

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 06:44 AM

7. It is freaking insane

that the jury on this post voted 1-6 to keep it. I haven't used the alert feature since the juries started but this is so fucking over the top, I couldn't not.

Really??? Really??? We're posting shit from RedState because we're supposed to hate Clinton so much? If you look back months and months ago, I said I plan on voting Bernie in my primary and Hilary in the general.

I like BOTH of them.

This fucking NONSENSE of treating Clinton like she is the antichrist is disgusting. I am done with DU for a long time. Between the attack on the African American group members and the outright in your face misogyny directed at Clinton - "Old Lady" REALLY REALLY you have got to be fucking kidding me.

Response to gaspee (Reply #7)

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 07:08 AM

10. Wish I could Rec your reply.

I hope I don't get alerted on for saying that, though. Ya never know with DU these days...

Response to Mister Ed (Reply #10)

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 08:40 AM

24. I am fully prepared for a couple of hides

this thread is the last fucking straw. DU is off the rails. It is not representative of the Democratic party at all.

I've been here since 2002 - had to get a new username when I switched computers a couple of years later.

I was here for every primary war since the beginning and this is absolutely out of control.

I haven't been spending much time here these days compared to when DU used to be my home page whenever I opened my browser.

Response to gaspee (Reply #24)

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 09:28 AM

44. DU is an absolute sewer of people's inner rightwing ids during primary season.

That's why they create the primary dungeon, so people like the OP and the recommenders can wank to Redstate and Breitbart and Lanny Davis to their heart's content

Response to gaspee (Reply #7)

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 08:25 AM

20. Instead of throwing a hissy fit...

... consider the fact that occasional missives from the Dark Side can be quite instructive. And IMHO, alerting an OP just because you don't like the source is irresponsible and an abuse of the alert function. I would recommend that you take a deep breath and give such action careful consideration before you do it again.

Response to gregcrawford (Reply #20)

Response to Post removed (Reply #23)

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 08:51 AM

28. Nah...

... I'm not going to stoop to your level. And I suspect that other calm and rational DUers will give a great sigh of relief to learn that you are "... done with DU for a long time."

Bye-bye now.

Response to gregcrawford (Reply #28)

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 09:20 AM

38. You were already at their level by calling it a 'hissy fit'

That removed you from the group of 'calm and rational DUers'.

Response to muriel_volestrangler (Reply #38)

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 10:56 AM

54. Come on, Muriel...

... can you honestly say that Gaspee didn't over react just a teensy-weensy bit? He might have asked elleng what her reasoning was for posting the Red State piece, but he went ballistic instead. And I'm guessing you didn't read Gaspee's response to me, which I declined to alert on, but somebody did, and it was hidden. In it, he called me "Mr. calm and rational," it was not a claim I made about myself, but he also called me something a lot worse than "vermin." THAT'S what I was referring to when I said that I would not stoop to his level. But if you prefer to side with someone like Gaspee, that's your business.

Say what you will, but I just don't think that kind of malice has any place here on DU. We see quite enough of it from those on the Dark Side. And who wants to stoop to their level?

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 09:27 AM

42. no, you just get your jollies from seeing rightwing talking points

and hate speech used against Hillary Clinton.

That doesn't make you rational.

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 09:46 AM

50. "Stoop" to gaspee's level?!?

You are already there, gregcrawford.

This entire OP is a disgusting display of misogyny. The last time the anti-Hillary folks were spewing their venom on Hillary and her supporters, I left this forum so that I didn't have to read such vile misogyny. I returned after I learned to use my IL to reduce the amount of racism, sexism, homophobia, and misogyny I was seeing on DU (and, isn't that sad--that so much hate-mongering bubbles up among Democrats?!?).

I would have a great deal more respect for those who've chosen NOT to support Hillary, if I was seeing substantive discussions of her corporate ties (and the myriad other reasons I prefer Bernie Sanders). When anti-Hillary folks have to "stoop" to misogyny to deride her and her campaign, they've said more about themselves than about Hillary.

That being said, I STILL think HRC is preferable to ANY of the clowns representing the Republican Party du jour. If she gets our party's nomination, I WILL support her.

(BTW, I am updating my IL now, so I will not see any reply you feel compelled to make...)

(Bye-bye now.)

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 09:01 AM

31. It isn't abuse

It has been DU policy quite a while that certain sites are not to be linked. Before the jury system it was verboten to link certain places.

The reason for the OP does not appear to be instructing us on what the Dark Side is saying.

And the part about the old lady is reprehensible.

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 09:03 AM

33. Results of your jury service

On Fri Sep 18, 2015, 08:56 AM an alert was sent on the following post:

Instead of throwing a hissy fit...
http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=7181787

REASON FOR ALERT

This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

ALERTER'S COMMENTS

hissy fit? because on a democratic board where we support our democratic candidates, calling clinton an old lady with brain damage from a rw rag is an ok thing? what has du become, and why is this allowed? this poster is over the top. he does not get to personally attack and insult a du member because they oppose a candidate being called an old lady with brain damage from a rw rag

You served on a randomly-selected Jury of DU members which reviewed this post. The review was completed at Fri Sep 18, 2015, 09:01 AM, and the Jury voted 2-5 to LEAVE IT.

Juror #1 voted to LEAVE IT ALONE
Explanation: Having read the whole thread, this post is hardly the most offensive thing in it. And the term "hissy fit" hardly seems hide worthy.
Juror #2 voted to LEAVE IT ALONE
Explanation: This person didn't call HRC an old lady. The op did. Take a pill.
Juror #3 voted to LEAVE IT ALONE
Explanation: No explanation given
Juror #4 voted to HIDE IT
Explanation: I too am sick of the infighting, and right-wing bullshit should not be appearing on DU other than to mock it.
Juror #5 voted to LEAVE IT ALONE
Explanation: No explanation given
Juror #6 voted to LEAVE IT ALONE
Explanation: Meh.
Juror #7 voted to HIDE IT
Explanation: Agree with alerter.

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 07:06 AM

8. RedState? WTF?

Response to Fast Walker 52 (Reply #8)

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 07:29 AM

13. Despite the source, the point is a good one that many here have raised on their own...

How about debating the point instead of getting your knickers in a twist?

While I am not sure that it is a problem, there are many DUers who feel that their favorite Dem candidate would get a boost from more debates. Or having debates sooner.

The bit about the brain damaged old lady took me a minute to figure out. Interesting since their hero, Ronnie Raygun, had progressive dementia for most of his stay in the White House and was older than dirt as well.

Response to Human101948 (Reply #13)

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 09:14 AM

35. Reagan's official meetings were scripted; didn't take unscreened questions from press.

Sound like HRC? Meetings in local restaurants with staffers posing as locals? Never taking unscreened questions from reporters? Keeping the press away with a rope barrier?

This is the second "brain-damaged" meme I've read about her in 2 days. The other one claimed the stroke she suffered in 2012 left her unable to handle spontaneous debate, and that was why debates were delayed months beyond their normal schedule and also sharply reduced in numbers. (http://www.bostonherald.com/comments/1064972303)

Her supporters may be outraged by these allegations, but the fact remains that they are being made, they are being published, and they will certainly be fully exploited by the GOP should she make it to the general election. If they are not true, then why doesn't she take unscreened, unscripted questions, as Bernie regularly does after his speeches? Why does she refuse to join other Dem. candidates in demanding more debates, and debates outside the control of the DNC?

Another aspect of this is the zig-zag course of her public persona in this campaign. She could get whiplash from the way her staff/advisors have her switch directions on the content and style of her message. She's good at delivering her prepared lines (wiping the server, you mean with a towel) - the question is, who writes them? She does not appear to be in control of her own campaign.

Frustrated reporters would shout questions at Reagan as he walked past them to board a helicopter or Air Force One - he never answered. He'd give them his broad smile & point to his ear, as in "Sorry, I can't hear you." Even as his Alzheimer's progressed, Reagan was capable of delivering lines. His cabinet and other official meetings were carefully scripted by his staff. Cabinet members were expected to deliver their lines as scripted also. I was working for a state democratic legislative caucus during the Reagan presidency, and it was commonly known that his cabinet meetings were fully scripted.

This LA Times article covered scripts at some of Reagan's meetings with Senate Majority Leader, Robert Byrd, and also with industrialist Armand Hammer, in his capacity as head of a government advisory panel
http://articles.latimes.com/1988-02-27/news/mn-12133_1_white-house-press

Reagan Still Getting Dialogue From a Script
February 27, 1988|JAMES GERSTENZANG | Times Staff Writer

WASHINGTON — Senate Majority Leader Robert C. Byrd emerged from the White House the other day, after leading a Senate delegation to a series of foreign affairs meetings in Europe, and told gathered reporters that President Reagan was "deeply appreciative" of his efforts.
It was by no means accidental that Byrd was left with this impression. A detailed script prepared by Reagan's staff for the private meeting instructed the President to say: "Bob, I want to thank you especially for undertaking this and for handling your discussions over there so effectively."

That Reagan uses note cards containing "talking points" for many of his meetings has long been known--and critics have cited such preparations as an indication that he has not mastered the details of his job. Staff members preparing for a meeting are also expected to provide notes that he can use on the topic of the session, much as is the case for any busy executive.However, the apparently accidental release of one detailed script for meetings this week has provided a broad and specific indication of just how extensively Reagan is prepared. Reagan was always "ready for my closeup, Mr. DeMille."

The script, replete with lines of conversational dialogue as well as main points to cover, somehow was included Thursday with routine press releases left for the news media in bins in the White House press room. It was discovered by ABC News, which used it for a caustic report by correspondent Sam Donaldson that poked fun at Reagan that night.

According to the ABC report, Reagan's script recommended that, during a meeting with industrialist Armand Hammer, a longtime acquaintance who is heading a presidential advisory panel, Reagan should say at the start of the session: "Thank you, Armand, for coming here to present the report of the President's cancer panel."

He was then directed to say: "Can you tell me more about your efforts?"

Reagan, turning to Health and Human Services Secretary Otis R. Bowen at the meeting, was to ask the Cabinet member: "Otis, what are your thoughts?"

According to the ABC report, the President's script included such details as his farewell at the end of a meeting with leaders of the Easter Seal fund-raising drive and the national Easter Seal child.

The script contains the reminder to say: "God bless you all."

Response to Human101948 (Reply #13)

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 09:15 AM

36. Clinton has absolutely nothing to be gained by a debate

and much to lose. A debate only gives her opponents more name recognition and publicity while giving her more chances for a fatal error.

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 07:07 AM

9. Because people will vote for the party with the most debates?

I fail to comprehend the hysteria here over the lack of debates on the Democratic side. Apparently the number of debates will equal the number of votes for that party, or something like that.

So what if about 8% of the population has watched the debates? How many of them are real voters? Will every single one of them vote for a Republican come November 2016? Jeez louise. What is so magical about these debates?

If nothing else, they reveal the emptiness of the Republican positions on everything.

I guess I'm in a minority in thinking that fewer debates are better, and no debates of any kind would be the best of all possible worlds. Of course, since I don't even have a TV and don't watch these things, my opinion is pretty close to worthless.

Response to SheilaT (Reply #9)

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 08:27 AM

21. Also, what percentage of those viewers were Democrats?

I'm betting the numbers were significant, and that a large portion of the TV audience just wanted to watch a shitshow.

BTW, you aren't alone in thinking that fewer debates are better, especially when the "debates" aren't even debates.

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 09:02 AM

32. Exactly. And the Rs have more candidates

There are 16 in the clown car, I think.

We've only got 3 people.

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 09:17 AM

37. Debbie/Hillary flunked Psych 101/Marketing 101

Look, EVERYBODY'S natural instinct is to rate the debaters in a debate. So EVERYBODY who listens to the GOP debates is ranking them. Once you have selected one brand or new car or debater over another, you will shore up and rationalize your choice by thinking better of that choice. This will then influence how you view the debaters in the second debate, the 3rd debate and so on.

Once a viewer picks a GOP candidate, he/she has some personal investment in thinking well of that choice and becomes less likely to even watch Dems debate.

Classic marketing psychology. It's like deciding to buy a new car. You look at several models & makes, but once you pick one, you become more committed to that choice, emphasizing to yourself & others why you made the best choice, and more open to seeing/exaggerating shortcomings in the makes and models you rejected.

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 07:09 AM

11. You should probably put a disclaimer about the source.

Also I would take out the ugly phrase about Hillary and replace it with {Hillary Clinton}. (can't figure out how to make square brackets show up on DU.) That's a legitimate editorial device when the original statement it unclear to the reader. You sure as heck don't want that ugliness attributed to anyone on our side.

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 07:10 AM

12. ...

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 07:32 AM

14. Debates are political theater

The less debates the better, imo.

Old lady? Well, what about that old man Sanders? And old man Biden?

Stay classy.

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 07:35 AM

16. Disagree...

at minimum 25 million Americans have seen Republicans debate issues

Name an issue they've "debated". 25 million Americans have watched a pie fight. When your enemy has dug themselves into a hole, hand them another shovel.

Response to brooklynite (Reply #16)

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 08:04 AM

18. When they're the only ones that anyone can see working

that's not a good thing I think. Hole or no, they're busy, and it shows.

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 08:03 AM

17. And as long as DWS is in charge, we'll see not a damn move towards getting exposure until SHE thinks

it's apt....and that's damned disappointing.
I keep calling her dirty names under my breath, variations on her name, but I'm paranoid to share them here, they're not particularly foul, just don't need the misogynist label.

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 08:08 AM

19. Who is this "old lady with a brain injury" of which you speak?

And, where were these "Republican debates"? I have yet to see anything resembling a debate, or even a minimal discussion of important issues. I did see a couple of televised freak shows, where weird assortment of carnival barkers, crooks, assorted nutjobs spewed lies and venom at each other, and at various other individuals and groups of people, in order to attract the support of people that even more insane than they are. But, no debates...

Response to GoCubsGo (Reply #19)

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 08:46 AM

27. I think the text is from the link.

Ie, it's what some idjit at RedState wrote.

Response to Erich Bloodaxe BSN (Reply #27)

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 09:09 AM

34. Well, then the OP should have used the "excerpt" function.

Or, put it in quotes. It's not that difficult.

Response to GoCubsGo (Reply #19)

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 09:25 AM

41. It's how the Hillary haters at DU and Redstate refer to Hilllary Clinton nt

Response to geek tragedy (Reply #41)

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 09:30 AM

45. Signs of desperation.

They pretend HRC controls the debate format. Pathetic.

Response to Rex (Reply #45)

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 09:31 AM

46. at this point, Hillary probably wants a debate sooner to break up

the fact that the only way she makes news these days (unfairly or fairly) is through discussions of email servers and dropping poll numbers

A lot of DUers let their inner rightwing freak flag fly during primary season. Ugly stuff.

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 08:29 AM

22. In 2012 the Republicans had 20 Primary debates, nominated Mitt and lost. We had zero primary

debates because we had the incumbent. I really despise your source and the language used in it and frankly I do not agree with this whole premise. I think it is fine to let them have these Stooge Fests in advance of our own candidates debating. I'd like us to have a few more once we start rolling but staring next month is just fine with me.
And I'd also like to say that speculation about how many debates to have when is pure speculation, it's all guess work, those saying 'we need more, staring sooner' are guessing. Those saying 'it's fine as it is' are guessing' and when I say I'd like to see more events but starting in Oct is fine, I am also guessing because these things are only known after the fact. There are not any actual metrics and standards. It's speculation, and that's all it is.

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 08:43 AM

25. Bernie, O'Malley, et al, should schedule their own non-debate discussions.

The current problem is that the DNC is not allowing NONsanctioned debates,this year, a departure from normal procedure. Candidates will not be allowed to participate in the debates sponsored by the DNC if they participate in any of the typically dozens usually sponsored by local organizations. This was done largely to prevent any chance of the spread of the circus mentality to the left, the GOPs problems being a scary cationary tale, but it's wrong and has rightly backfired.

The number of scheduled debates, 6, is the same as in previous years. No change.

Of note, though, CANDIDATES CAN PARTICIPATE TOGETHER IN FORUMS AND OTHER non-debate-format MEETINGS. Great! Other formats could allow candidates to discuss issues and their positions thoughtfully with each other (should they desire).

This is as opposed to the phony air-time ops and corporate-run reality-TV entertainment that the political "debate" has been degraded to. WHY would anyone want more of those?!

I hope pressure forces the DNC to reconsider penalties for participating in other debates, but given the stature Bernie is developing, I don't see that he needs DNC approval to mount well-covered discussions with his fellow candidates on issues of importance. He could always also invite select Republican candidates, as he says he would like, to participate. THAT should get press attention. And the better the first meeting was, the more coverage a second would get.

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 08:45 AM

26. I take the point, but I'm not going to tip... nt

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 09:01 AM

30. Urec for source.

What is it lately... The Daily Caller, Brietbart, Twitchy, RedState?! Has Drudge been linked to lately?

And it is coming from all sides.

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 09:21 AM

39. The right hates Hillary. The fringe left hates Hillary...

And they both think RedState is just fine and dandy.

Sid

Response to SidDithers (Reply #39)

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 09:34 AM

47. At least the "Hillary killed vince foster thread' got hidden. Though 3 people who claim

to be Democrats voted to keep it (and the OP still has posting privileges somehow).

Response to geek tragedy (Reply #47)

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 09:36 AM

48. You're shitting me right?

Someone posted that vile garbage here and is still here? Bring back the mods...this shit is way out of hand imo.

Response to Rex (Reply #48)

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 09:38 AM

49. Wish I was.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027171982

at least 4 DUers--the OP and 3 jurors--thought Vince Foster stuff was fine and dandy

Response to geek tragedy (Reply #49)

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 09:47 AM

51. That is pathetic.

If that isn't obvious trolling, I don't know what is.

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 09:24 AM

40. Redstate? "some old lady with a brain injury"

A jury voted 1-6 to keep this crap, which shows just how fucking toxic primary discussions have become at this place.

Which is why the primary dungeon was created. That sewer is where toxic feces like this post belong.

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 09:27 AM

43. I don't think having 16 flavors of battery acid will make a difference.

They all suck and now 25 to 45 million people know the GOP candidates are all crappy used up no good fodder for the GOP.

LOL redstate...might as well be posting freeper garbage from freepsville. Your source is shit.

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 10:02 AM

53. I agree that this is disgusting.....

but we shouldn't be attacking someone's health. It maybe cliche to say it, but it's beneath us.

Fri Sep 18, 2015, 11:04 AM

55. Posts about the Democratic primaries belong in GD: Primaries.

I'm locking.

(BTW: Redstate is right-wing garbage and calling Hillary Clinton "some old lady who suffered a brain injury" is awful.)