HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » 'House for sale by owner ...

Fri Aug 14, 2015, 08:03 PM

'House for sale by owner because my neighbor's a douchebag' sign raises stakes in Texas feud

Shortly after a retired couple moved into the rental house next door about two years ago, Price said the wife came over "a few times" to ask that the Prices keep their four dogs inside the house until 9 a.m. because the retirees liked to sleep late.

"We're trying to keep them in until 8," Price said. "I think the city ordinance says 7."

One Sunday morning a few weeks ago, the dogs "were going nuts" about something outside, and not long after that the Prices got the ticket from animal control officials. They've not paid it yet and have a court date for Thursday, Price said.

------

Since the Prices' yard sign went up, local police and a city council member have come by to ask them to take it down. But the sign is not illegal, and James Price said he and his wife are waiting on the neighbors to make a move.

"He just needs to back off a little bit about the dogs," Price said of the man next door. "He's being ridiculous. Now I'd like him to pay my $121 fine. All he had to do was come over (to talk to us), but he chose not to do that."

http://www.sfgate.com/homes/article/House-for-sale-by-owner-because-my-neighbors-a-dou-6444496.php

5 replies, 2823 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'House for sale by owner because my neighbor's a douchebag' sign raises stakes in Texas feud (Original post)
Liberal_in_LA Aug 2015 OP
MADem Aug 2015 #1
Mnemosyne Aug 2015 #2
madaboutharry Aug 2015 #3
Electric Monk Aug 2015 #4
tularetom Aug 2015 #5

Response to Liberal_in_LA (Original post)

Fri Aug 14, 2015, 08:08 PM

1. I have a neighbor like that. Insufferable asshole.

The entire neighborhood feels the same way. Bossy, complaining, cop-calling doofus. Then he wonders why no one invites him over to their cookouts! I love the fact that the neighborhood has evolved over the years, and now we have lots of screaming, screeching children playing and yelling and batting balls all over, from dawn to well past dusk, with dogs, lots of dogs, BIG dogs, who woof woof woof all day.

Bet he misses the days when all he heard was the dog down the street and my yippy shits.

He's called the dog officer so much that he's acknowledged as a crank.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Aug 14, 2015, 08:09 PM

2. That's sure to attract buyers. lol nt

Reply to this post

Fri Aug 14, 2015, 08:09 PM

3. I can't get past the grammar.

Reply to this post

Fri Aug 14, 2015, 08:24 PM

5. Don't know about you but it's always been my ambition to move in right next door to a douchebag

The guy has chosen an odd way to make his point which makes me question if there isn't more than one douchebag on that block.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread