HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » angry NY police union sta...

Mon Aug 10, 2015, 06:55 PM

angry NY police union starts "peek a boo project" in response to proposed "right to know act"

NEW YORK — The city’s police union is asking its officers to take photos of transients who sleep on sidewalks and in parks, panhandlers asking passersby for change, and other “quality of life offenses” in the five boroughs with the intent of publishing those pictures online, according to a memo obtained by PIX11 News.

“As you travel about the City of New York, please utilize your smart phones to photograph the homeless lying in our streets, aggressive panhandlers, people urinating in public or engaging in open-air drug activity, and quality of life offenses of every type,” the memo sent Monday from Sergeants Benevolent Association President Ed Mullins reads.

----
“I see New York City deteriorating, Ed Mullins, the president of the Sergeants Benevolent Association told PIX11. “I see quality of life crimes all over the city, homeless all in our streets. A national problem between people of color and the police and all I see are phony politicians introducing phony legislation that accomplishes nothing.”

The initiative was announced in a memo slamming the city’s “inept and spineless public officials who sit amongst the City Council and propose legislation that can only be described as preposterously disingenuous.”

Among that legislation is the Right to Know Act, which would require officers to identify themselves to those they stop and obtain verbal or written consent before searching an individual if no warrant or probable cause exists.

http://pix11.com/2015/08/10/officers-told-to-take-pictures-of-nyc-homeless-post-them-online/

1 replies, 532 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply angry NY police union starts "peek a boo project" in response to proposed "right to know act" (Original post)
Liberal_in_LA Aug 2015 OP
hifiguy Aug 2015 #1

Response to Liberal_in_LA (Original post)

Mon Aug 10, 2015, 07:23 PM

1. The vast majority of kkkops in this country should be rounded up

and relocated, at gunpoint if necessary, to uninhabited south seas islands with nothing but the clothes on their backs. Ideally, these would be islands in the midst of shark-infested waters

What happens to the kkkops then?

Who really gives a fuck? Maybe they'll cannibalize each other or turn themselves into shark chum. Either way a net gain to the planet.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread