HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Mr. Trump: "Take car...

Mon Jul 6, 2015, 10:22 AM

Mr. Trump: "Take care the next time you eat at a restaurant"

Bitter humour is, some say, the only recourse they have. Mauro Tlatengo recalled the 10 years he spent picking grapes, tending golf courses and working construction in California, Pennsylvania and New York, before returning to Mexico voluntarily because he missed his country. Trump’s comments made him angry but mostly, he said, they made him feel powerless.

“He is a crazy idiot who we can’t do anything about,” Tlatengo said. “But we can laugh at him.”

The comedian and filmmaker Eugenio Derbez tapped into this feeling while accepting an award in Los Angeles.

“You are wrong, Mr Trump. We are honest and hardworking people,” he said. “We are also waiters and cooks in all the restaurants of the United States. So take care the next time you eat at a restaurant, because it is possible that you might have to eat your words … and something else.”

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jul/06/mexico-donald-trump-immigration-debate

3 replies, 1011 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Mr. Trump: "Take care the next time you eat at a restaurant" (Original post)
kpete Jul 2015 OP
HassleCat Jul 2015 #1
BlueJazz Jul 2015 #2
MiniMe Jul 2015 #3

Response to kpete (Original post)

Mon Jul 6, 2015, 10:27 AM

1. Cover your basses, Donny

Derbez is almost right when he says Latinos are waiters and cooks at all the restaurants. He forgot Asian establishments. Better get right on that Donny. There's a whole demographic you have not offended. Yet. But I'm sure you'll get around to it.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Jul 6, 2015, 10:31 AM

2. Ah yes. I've met certain people that are extremely picky when it comes to their food. They'll..

...go to a restaurant and send back their plate because the eggs "are slightly overcooked" not once but 3-4 times, plus they embarrass the hell out of the people with them. I never do that because....We all know why.

Reply to this post

Mon Jul 6, 2015, 11:38 AM

3. Think of "The Help" and avoid the pie!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread