HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » You won't see this on the...

Wed May 9, 2012, 11:08 PM

You won't see this on the news, but I saw a bunch of awesome people today.

As a 50+ American worker, I have a crappy job. Because I have to. Because no one else will hire me.

So I'm driving my delivery truck (recycled auto parts) through town this morning and I rolled up to a stoplight. And on one corner, there's a Bank of America branch. Nothing special, a small branch next to a mini-mall thingy.

But out front, there's a bunch of people holding signs.

"Stop The Foreclosures"

"Join A Credit Union"

"B of A Steals From Homeowners"

These weren't canned mass-produced signs like the Teabaggers carry. These people cared enough to make their own signs and stand on a street corner. There were a couple of armed security guards blocking the door of the bank. None of the demonstrators posed a threat. Most of them looked just like me, regular working men and women in their fifties and sixties, grey-haired Americans who are pissed off enough to stage a completely unexpected demonstration because they are pissed off.

I wish I had the time to pull my truck over long enough to support them, but I did give a mighty horn honk and a big wave and thumbs-up, which they acknowledged in return.

Sorry, I don't have pics, company policy prevents this.

But if you were at the B of A on 242nd and Stark in Gresham OR today around 10 am, thanks for representing the 99%.

4 replies, 1917 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply You won't see this on the news, but I saw a bunch of awesome people today. (Original post)
stevedeshazer May 2012 OP
pacalo May 2012 #1
snappyturtle May 2012 #2
snappyturtle May 2012 #2
JNelson6563 May 2012 #4

Response to stevedeshazer (Original post)

Thu May 10, 2012, 12:09 AM

1. Way to go, Gresham, Oregon!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu May 10, 2012, 01:06 AM

2. K&R nt

Reply to this post

Thu May 10, 2012, 01:06 AM

2. K&R

Reply to this post

Thu May 10, 2012, 07:23 AM

4. They appreciated your support!

We've all been out there at one point or another & we always appreciate the honks and waves from those who are with us in spirit.

Julie

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread