HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » MOSBY: "The People V...

Fri May 1, 2015, 07:43 PM

MOSBY: "The People Voted For Me To Do My Job & Carry Out Justice & That's What I'm Going to Do"

the people of Baltimore voted for me to do my job and to carry out justice – and that’s what I’m going to do.”

After announcing charges for the six officers involved in the arrest and ultimate death of Freddie Gray, Maryland State Attorney Marilyn Mosby sat down for an interview with CNN’s Don Lemon that will air in full tonight during the 10 p.m. ET hour.

When Lemon told Mosby that it’s been a “tough time” for her, “in the spotlight” and “under the microscope,” she responded calmly, “I don’t think it’s tough.The people of Baltimore voted for me to do my job and to carry out justice and that’s what I’m going to do as the state’s attorney for Baltimore city.”

“As a prosecutor, you should not bring charges if you don’t that you have probable cause, that these individuals are responsible for the charges,” Mosby added. She stressed that she comes from five generations of law enforcement and understands “the time, the commitment, the sacrifice that these police officers make, time away from their families on a day-to-day basis, risking their lives for the benefit of our communities.”

But at the same time she said, “Those officers that usurped their authority, you have to be able to hold them accountable because it does a disservice to the really hardworking police officers, so for me it’s about applying justice fairly and accurately to those with or without a badge.”

more:
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/marilyn-mosby-to-don-lemon-not-a-tough-decision-to-bring-charges/

6 replies, 1114 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply MOSBY: "The People Voted For Me To Do My Job & Carry Out Justice & That's What I'm Going to Do" (Original post)
kpete May 2015 OP
bravenak May 2015 #1
Cha May 2015 #2
dhill926 May 2015 #3
Gothmog May 2015 #4
Liberal_in_LA May 2015 #5
Oilwellian May 2015 #6

Response to kpete (Original post)

Fri May 1, 2015, 07:48 PM

1. Damn straight!nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri May 1, 2015, 08:07 PM

2. No wonder the police want her gone from this case.. this ain't the Ferguson prosecutor

TheObamaDiary.com ‎@TheObamaDiary

Marilyn Mosby
7:22 AM - 1 May 2015

http://theobamadiary.com/2015/05/01/marilyn-mosby/

Mahalo

Reply to this post

Fri May 1, 2015, 08:19 PM

3. wow...she is something...

very bright future ahead methinks....

Reply to this post

Fri May 1, 2015, 11:23 PM

4. I am impressed with this lady

Reply to this post

Fri May 1, 2015, 11:24 PM

5. kick

Reply to this post

Sat May 2, 2015, 12:17 AM

6. She is stunningly beautiful

inside and out. I love her short and to the point statements.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread