HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The Police State Complex

Thu Apr 30, 2015, 04:57 PM

The Police State Complex

There are a lot of people (mainly corporations) who benefit from protests getting out of hand by allowing looters and arsonists free reign like they did in Ferguson and now Baltimore.

- The Police benefit in the form of massive overtime
- Public works employees also get massive overtime
- Hotels (Hilton, Marriott, Raddison, etc) benefit from lodging police officers and their equipment
- Equipment rental businesses (United Rentals, Hertz, Home Depot, Sunbelt) benefit from renting out lights, vans, vehicles, generators, etc,
- Vehicle rental businesses (Hertz, Budget, Thifty, etc) benefit from renting various vehicles to police officers
- ...then there are all of the food companies, fuel companies who supply everything from vehicle to aircraft fuel, advisers, etc

Why in the hell would the Police work to prevent looting and arson when there are millions to be had?

Just something to think about when you see a CVS or McDonalds burning and wonder why the Police didn't do anything to stop it.

4 replies, 672 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply The Police State Complex (Original post)
951-Riverside Apr 2015 OP
Logical Apr 2015 #1
NoJusticeNoPeace Apr 2015 #2
daredtowork Apr 2015 #3
tblue37 Apr 2015 #4

Response to 951-Riverside (Original post)

Thu Apr 30, 2015, 05:00 PM

1. I find it amazing cops can work as cops off duty and have full power. And use their city provided...

uniform and gun.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Apr 30, 2015, 05:01 PM

2. Plenty of evidence the cops started the riot in Baltimore. There are several reports

about how they did that.

In most cases I think they just want a reason to kill black people or arrest them, cameras are on them they cant kill them though.

or can they

Reply to this post

Thu Apr 30, 2015, 06:02 PM

3. Similar to the poverty bureaucracy

A lot of people make a good salary in office jobs doing paper shuffling addressing "issues" related to the poor.

I almost said "needs" of the poor, but the bureaucracy is bigger than paperwork dealing with poor individuals. There are also indirectly related issues like city density planning or eminent domain debates.

It's hard to break the cycle when people are making money off of you.

I wasted months of job search time when I was in relatively good conditon because I signed up for a Workforce Incentive Act scam in Berkeley. They signed peopke up and put us through their bureaucratic process just to get the WIA funding. When I made it through their process and finally got to the part where they were supposed to help me find a job, they did jack.

Reply to this post

Thu Apr 30, 2015, 08:14 PM

4. KnR. nt

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread