HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Gov. Jerry Brown: Republi...

Mon Apr 30, 2012, 09:41 AM

Gov. Jerry Brown: Republican Party like a cult

Gov. Jerry Brown: Republican Party like a cult

On CBS News’ Face the Nation Sunday morning, California Gov. Jerry Brown (D) said that politics had changed a “hell of a lot” since he started his career as a public official.

“It’s more polarized, the money is more centrally collected and distributed by the two major parties, there is — particularly on the Republican side — an enforcement of discipline that’s ideological,” he explained. “And as was mentioned today in The Washington Post, it takes on the quality of a cult.”

“We’re in a much more adversarial environment,” Brown continued. “We always had it historically, but now it is ramped up several degrees, as evidenced by the filibusters and the holds on nominations. A great power can’t government itself with this kind of dysfunction.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/04/29/gov-jerry-brown-republican-party-like-a-cult/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:%20TheRawStory%20(The%20Raw%20Story)

5 replies, 3211 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to kpete (Original post)

Mon Apr 30, 2012, 10:43 AM

1. Yep. The Republicans have been in the Kool-Aid line way too long. nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to snappyturtle (Reply #1)

Mon Apr 30, 2012, 11:31 AM

3. ? I wish they drink the Kool Aid.

Reply to this post

Response to xtraxritical (Reply #3)

Mon Apr 30, 2012, 01:22 PM

4. I guess I could have put it that they've been delusional for way too long.

I don't wish any of them an early death but I do wish their ideology would die out........fast!

Reply to this post

Mon Apr 30, 2012, 11:30 AM

2. "the money is more centrally collected and distributed by the two major parties"

And where is that money coming from? The system is corrupted, through and through. With out serious reform, we're just moving the deck chairs around on a sinking ship.

Reply to this post

Mon Apr 30, 2012, 02:41 PM

5. I know--what with the declarations of Undying Love, the snookering of people into supporting 1%er

politicians, the people saying that anyone outside the party ought to die, the rock-hard denialism when a candidate reverses themselves...

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread