HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Charles Barkley Supports ...

Mon Dec 1, 2014, 02:32 PM

Charles Barkley Supports Ferguson Grand Jury Decision

"The true story came out from the grand jury testimony," Barkley said, adding that he was made aware of "key forensic evidence, and several black witnesses that supported Officer Darren Wilsonís story..." He continued, "I canít believe anything I hear on television anymore. And, thatís why I donít like talking about race issues with the media anymore,†because they (the media) love this stuff, and lead people to jump to conclusions. The media shouldnít do that. They never do that when black people kill each other.†"†

He also called those who rioted after the decision was announced "scumbags," and said "There is no excuse for people to be out there burning down people's businesses, burning down police cars."

And in a marked departure from other prominent black leaders who have questioned tactics used by officers and, in some cases, accused officers of racial profiling and outright racism, Barkley supported police officers, especially those who work in black neighborhoods.

ď[W]e have to be really careful with the cops, because if it wasnít for the cops we would be living in the Wild, Wild West in our neighborhoods," he said. "We canít pick out certain incidentals that donít go our way and act like the cops are all bad.... Do you know how bad some of these neighborhoods would be if it wasn't for the cops?Ē

https://www.yahoo.com/news/why-charles-barkley-supports-ferguson-grand-jury-decision-163736319.html

9 replies, 2004 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 9 replies Author Time Post
Reply Charles Barkley Supports Ferguson Grand Jury Decision (Original post)
erpowers Dec 2014 OP
Matrosov Dec 2014 #1
earthside Dec 2014 #2
spanone Dec 2014 #3
Blue_Tires Dec 2014 #4
LibGranny Dec 2014 #5
bravenak Dec 2014 #6
BootinUp Dec 2014 #7
BklnDem75 Dec 2014 #8
Johonny Dec 2014 #9

Response to erpowers (Original post)

Mon Dec 1, 2014, 02:38 PM

1. Does he know how good some of these neighborhoods would be..

..if it weren't for the poverty caused by our predominantly white society failing our African-American community?

Does he not understand that a white officer killing an unarmed African-American youth and a white district attorney with a predominately white grand jury failing to punish that officer are just more examples of that tragic failure?

Perhaps he knows and understands but is too afraid to speak out and upset the white "owners" that have been signing his pay checks since he began first his basketball and now his broadcasting careers.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

2. Poor Charles Barkley.

He apparently doesn't understand that a grand jury proceeding is not a trial. One simply cannot say that "the true story came out" based upon grand jury documents.

We have trials in this country so that 'truth' or evidence can be ascertained from the give-and-take of adversarial positions, i.e. prosecution and defendant. The grand jury does not do this and isn't meant to.

Reply to this post

3. charles is a republican, they are bereft of critical thinking.

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 1, 2014, 02:39 PM

4. Strange

Wasn't Barkley himself victim of at least one famous "driving expensive car while black with a white wife in the passenger seat" police stop during his playing days? I could have sworn that happened in Phoenix or Scottsdale or wherever...

Reply to this post

Response to Blue_Tires (Reply #4)

Mon Dec 1, 2014, 02:46 PM

5. I remember he spent some time in Sheriff Arpaio's

infamous jail. I think he got the "star" treatment there!

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 1, 2014, 03:08 PM

6. Remember his DUI arrest?

I always think about what he said that day whenever he opens his stupid ass mouth.
http://deadspin.com/5121873/charles-barkley-i-was-gonna-drive-around-the-corner-and-get-a-blow-job-

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 1, 2014, 03:26 PM

7. Oh, brother. Can't say I'm surprised though.

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 1, 2014, 05:28 PM

8. Barkley the Clown finds another camera...

I'm only surprised it took him a week to speak out.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/07/18/charles_barkley_on_zimmerman_trial_i_agree_with_the_verdict.html

He's nothing if not predictable.

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 1, 2014, 05:55 PM

9. Sir Charles punched a guy at the Olympics during the dream team

He's like school on Saturday. No class. Never had it, never will.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread