HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » "It doesn’t seem fai...

Mon Dec 1, 2014, 12:30 PM

"It doesn’t seem fair that police can commit brutal acts against innocent people & get away with it"

Colbert King:

We are in a bad place. My 20-year-old grandson, Will, the most gentle and respectful young man you would ever want to meet, posted this on his Facebook page:

“Regarding the recent events in Ferguson: I’ve always wanted to believe my country was free. But today’s grand jury decision tells me this cannot be the case. No country that refuses to hold the police, those so-called ‘defenders of the law,’ accountable for its unjust brutality — and yes, it is often very brutal — can be free. When the grand jury declined to charge Darren Wilson for his actions, what kind of a message does that send? . . . It doesn’t seem fair that police can commit brutal acts against innocent people and get away with it.”

It’s not, Will. Not today. Not in your great-grandmother’s day when that Mississippi grand jury let that white farmer get away with murder. Not ever.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/colbert-king-deep-south-justice-in-ferguson/2014/11/28/23cdb404-75b4-11e4-a755-e32227229e7b_story.html

1 replies, 1041 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply "It doesn’t seem fair that police can commit brutal acts against innocent people & get away with it" (Original post)
kpete Dec 2014 OP
NoJusticeNoPeace Dec 2014 #1

Response to kpete (Original post)

Mon Dec 1, 2014, 12:39 PM

1. Thank god for social media and 24/7 news and 400 channels on your TV

Or we would not know what happened to Brown or Trayvon or Jordan Davis (remember, he had to die because his music was too loud)...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread