HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Obama Teases Critics Of H...

Thu Nov 27, 2014, 01:12 PM

Obama Teases Critics Of His Immigration Action While Pardoning Turkeys

President Obama on Wednesday partook in the annual White House tradition of pardoning two turkeys in celebration of Thanksgiving.

http://a4.img.talkingpointsmemo.com/image/upload/c_fill,fl_keep_iptc,g_faces,h_365,w_652/sqrkizzhhx1srckkm7m8.jpg

This year he used the official pardoning ceremony as an opportunity to comment on and poke fun at the conservative backlash over his recent executive actions on immigration.

"I am here to announce what I'm sure will be the most talked about executive action this month," Obama said. "Today, I am taking an action fully within my legal authority, the same kind of action taken by Democrats and Republican presidents before me, to spare the lives of two turkeys, Mac and Cheese, from a terrible and delicious fate."

"They'll get to live out the rest of their days respectively at a Virginia estate with 10,000 acres of roaming space, Obama continued. I know some will call this amnesty."

VIDEO:
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/obama-turkey-pardon-immigration-action

2 replies, 627 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Obama Teases Critics Of His Immigration Action While Pardoning Turkeys (Original post)
kpete Nov 2014 OP
azmom Nov 2014 #1
Rex Nov 2014 #2

Response to kpete (Original post)

Thu Nov 27, 2014, 01:37 PM

1. Jajajaja

I love it

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to kpete (Original post)

Thu Nov 27, 2014, 01:40 PM

2. It's like he said, 'fuck it - what can they do?'

I think his attitude is because he knows that the GOP will refuse to compromise these last 2 years. Just like the first 6, yet now he doesn't have to worry about getting re-elected.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread