HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Have the authorities rele...

Mon Oct 13, 2014, 07:39 AM

Have the authorities released the name of the St. Louis police officer who killed

Vonderrit Myers last Wednesday night? As of yesterday, all I knew was that the officer was 32 years old and a 6-year veteran of the police force.

7 replies, 1064 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Have the authorities released the name of the St. Louis police officer who killed (Original post)
KingCharlemagne Oct 2014 OP
logosoco Oct 2014 #1
KingCharlemagne Oct 2014 #3
logosoco Oct 2014 #6
KingCharlemagne Oct 2014 #7
SaltyBro Oct 2014 #2
KingCharlemagne Oct 2014 #4
Bonx Oct 2014 #5

Response to KingCharlemagne (Original post)

Mon Oct 13, 2014, 07:59 AM

1. I have not seen a name. I am looking not so much for a name but action!

I believe they did say he was on "administrative leave" which means a paid vacation and time to work on a cover story.
I am interested in seeing how they deal with it as he was doing work for a private firm and not directly as a STL police officer.
And of course I am waiting to see why he felt the need to do a pedestrian check (whatever the f that means). Surely he is aware that a young black man may be intimidated by any uniformed officer these days and would want to run. I know I would.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to logosoco (Reply #1)

Mon Oct 13, 2014, 08:55 AM

3. His status working for the private firm at the time is all the more reason his

name and other identifying information should be released pronto. What we need right now are figures like Martin Luther King, Jr. and Robert F. Kennedy and what we're getting instead are putzes like McCulloch and Jackson. Really friggin' disgusting.

Speaking of 'action,' today is slated to be a day of direct action civil disobedience in Ferguson and St. Louis. I"m not privy to plans (nor should I be), but will be keeping my ears and eyes open online.

Reply to this post

Response to KingCharlemagne (Reply #3)

Mon Oct 13, 2014, 09:01 AM

6. That is what I thought, but I guess they haven't charged him with anything.

The firm he was working for does not have a good record.

There is a walk out and vigil at my daughters school today, St. Louis Community College at Meramec. I am guessing it will be at all campuses (Forest Park and Flo Valley) and maybe other colleges in the area.

She will keep me posted and send pictures (or so she said!)

Reply to this post

Response to logosoco (Reply #6)

Mon Oct 13, 2014, 09:04 AM

7. My thoughts will be with her for her safety today and going forward. I have been

really impressed with the youth leadership. Puts my bost-baby-boom generation to shame.

Reply to this post

Response to KingCharlemagne (Original post)

Mon Oct 13, 2014, 08:16 AM

2. Are the cops still lying about Mr. Myers firing a gun?

I notice that info has mysteriously vanished from the official reports. CYA indeed.

Reply to this post

Response to SaltyBro (Reply #2)

Mon Oct 13, 2014, 08:57 AM

4. After the store video was released that showed the back pockets of his jeans

clearly not hiding any weapon, I haven't seen that claim trumpeted too loudly any more either, come to think of it.

Reply to this post

Response to SaltyBro (Reply #2)

Mon Oct 13, 2014, 09:00 AM

5. Really ? I don't see the that anywhere.

Which reports are you referring to ?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread