HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Thank you to all who post...

Tue Aug 19, 2014, 11:19 AM

Thank you to all who post political cartoons on DU, they are the most effective tool in combatting..

ignorance and arrogance. I post many of them on facebook because I find that they draw more attention than my well articulated reasonings for or against a particular issue. One of the reasons I believe, is due to the small attention span that most people have. Cartoons speak quickly with images, in a way that words can never do, they can explain subtleties with ease and once burned into the mind's eye they don't get erased, unlike a paragraph or two which someone stops reading after one sentence.
It has been a very effective tool for me in combatting the lies and misrepresentations put out by some on my friends list.

Thank you!

1 replies, 1231 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Thank you to all who post political cartoons on DU, they are the most effective tool in combatting.. (Original post)
DrewFlorida Aug 2014 OP
Gothmog Aug 2014 #1

Response to DrewFlorida (Original post)

Tue Aug 19, 2014, 11:29 AM

1. I love political cartoons

Political cartoons are very effective means of communication and there is a long history of the use of political cartoon in political debate

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread