HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The Koch Brothers Are Los...

Mon Aug 18, 2014, 09:25 AM

The Koch Brothers Are Losing

[IMG][/IMG]

Even Red States Canít Ignore Rising Green Economy

With so many homeowners and businesses making greener energy choices, private utilities ó along with big oil, gas, coal, and nuclear companies ó see the writing on the wall.

Unlike some other denizens of the fossil-fueled set, this gang isnít beating oil wells into solar panels, retiring nuclear reactors, or embracing wind and geothermal power. Instead, these guys are trying to coax lawmakers into rigging the rules against increasingly competitive new energy alternatives.

You see, the bulwarks of conventional energy are good at math. And the math is increasingly not in their favor.

Solar panels are growing so affordable, accessible, and popular that sun-powered energy accounted for 74 percent of the nationís new electric generation capacity in the first three months of this year. Wind power comprised another 20 percent, geothermal 1 percent, and natural gas plus other sources accounted for the final 5 percent.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/even-red-states-cant-ignore-rising-green-economy/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=NM_Master_List&utm_campaign=Daily%20Newsletter-%20August%2018%202014&utm_content=Final

6 replies, 1109 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply The Koch Brothers Are Losing (Original post)
Pharaoh Aug 2014 OP
Gothmog Aug 2014 #1
djean111 Aug 2014 #2
Demeter Aug 2014 #4
onehandle Aug 2014 #3
kwolf68 Aug 2014 #5
Blanks Aug 2014 #6

Response to Pharaoh (Original post)

Mon Aug 18, 2014, 09:32 AM

1. This makes me smile

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Aug 18, 2014, 09:35 AM

2. Of course, the Koch Plan B may be to corner the solar panel market, and drive prices up....

Reply to this post

Response to djean111 (Reply #2)

Mon Aug 18, 2014, 10:56 AM

4. Not gonna happen--Losers are defined by losing

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 18, 2014, 09:55 AM

3. The Koch Brothers who have more than doubled their wealth during Obama's time...

...and who control the House of Representatives are losing?

Where do I sign up to lose so badly?

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 18, 2014, 11:12 AM

5. Who killed the electric car

I hope this doesn't end the same way, but the oligarchs will try to destroy the renewable market...i hope it has taken enough of a foothold around the globe that it can't be done, but I foresee a day when solar is passe'....that's the cynic in me. Hope I am wrong, because it makes so much goddamn fucking sense...although the problem with the sun's rays is no one 'owns' them.

Reply to this post

Response to kwolf68 (Reply #5)

Mon Aug 18, 2014, 01:27 PM

6. At some point we are going to accept the fact...

That we shouldn't have to drive EVERYWHERE.

We need electric cars much less than we need communities designed around walking, biking, mass transit and growing our own food.

Motor transportation requires a lot of energy and in a lot of instances completely unnecessary.

How many people drive 30 miles round trip to a job where they just sit in front of a computer all day? There's a better way of managing our energy.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread