HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Let's Face It (Snowden)

Sun May 4, 2014, 03:14 AM

Let's Face It (Snowden)

If Snowden revealed what he did and fled the United States under the Bush administration the Democrat anti-Snowden folks would be at the very least reluctantly defending him. That they do not is pure tribalism and a disgrace to all lovers of liberty.

15 replies, 1608 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 15 replies Author Time Post
Reply Let's Face It (Snowden) (Original post)
BlindTiresias May 2014 OP
cantbeserious May 2014 #1
Tarheel_Dem May 2014 #2
Number23 May 2014 #5
Tarheel_Dem May 2014 #6
bobduca May 2014 #14
Tarheel_Dem May 2014 #15
uponit7771 May 2014 #3
stonecutter357 May 2014 #10
JI7 May 2014 #4
nikto May 2014 #7
stonecutter357 May 2014 #8
Tarheel_Dem May 2014 #11
stonecutter357 May 2014 #12
randome May 2014 #9
Tarheel_Dem May 2014 #13

Response to BlindTiresias (Original post)

Sun May 4, 2014, 03:20 AM

1. Duplicity Is An Ugly Trait

eom

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to BlindTiresias (Original post)

Sun May 4, 2014, 04:59 AM

2. How do you know what "Democrat anti-Snowden folks" would be doing?

And tribalism, as you call it, is what we do here. Otherwise, there'd be no reason for the "partisan" rules called the TOS.


Vote for Democrats.
Winning elections is important therefore, advocating in favor of Republican nominees or in favor of third-party spoiler candidates that could split the vote and throw an election to our conservative opponents is never permitted on Democratic Underground. But that does not mean that DU members are required to always be completely supportive of Democrats. During the ups-and-downs of politics and policy-making, it is perfectly normal to have mixed feelings about the Democratic officials we worked hard to help elect. When we are not in the heat of election season, members are permitted to post strong criticism or disappointment with our Democratic elected officials, or to express ambivalence about voting for them. In Democratic primaries, members may support whomever they choose. But when general election season begins, DU members must support Democratic nominees (EXCEPT in rare cases where were a non-Democrat is most likely to defeat the conservative alternative, or where there is no possibility of splitting the liberal vote and inadvertently throwing the election to the conservative alternative). For presidential contests, election season begins when both major-party nominees become clear. For non-presidential contests, election season begins on Labor Day. Everyone here on DU needs to work together to elect more Democrats and fewer Republicans to all levels of American government. If you are bashing, trashing, undermining, or depressing turnout for our candidates during election season, we'll assume you are rooting for the other side.

Don't be a wingnut (right-wing or extreme-fringe).
Democratic Underground is an online community for politically liberal people who understand the importance of working within the system to elect more Democrats and fewer Republicans to all levels of political office. Teabaggers, Neo-cons, Dittoheads, Paulites, Freepers, Birthers, and right-wingers in general are not welcome here. Neither are certain extreme-fringe left-wingers, including advocates of violent political/social change, hard-line communists, terrorist-apologists, America-haters, kooks, crackpots, LaRouchies, and the like.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=termsofservice

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to Tarheel_Dem (Reply #2)

Sun May 4, 2014, 05:06 AM

5. ((Rubbing my eyes))

Didn't I see this exact same OP posted yesterday? Or was it the day before? The day before that???

Funny what some label "propaganda" around here, ain't it? Posting the same thing over and over and over and over again is just speaking "troof to powa" but posting in support of the Democratic president/administration on an DEMOCRATIC SUPPORTING web site is a crime guilty of the stasi.

I get the feeling that some are upset that (on this issue at least) DU lines up with a sizeable majority of Americans and doesn't consider Snowden a hero. Dare to mention that a large majority want him jailed as well and folks really seem to lose it.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to Number23 (Reply #5)

Sun May 4, 2014, 06:00 AM

6. They're pissed that Snowie's PR campaign has been an EPIC fail, here in the US.

With each new accolade his supporters purchase, his numbers continue to tank. Two thirds of Americans feel exactly as we do. That includes Democrats, Republicans and Indies. An equal number want his ass dragged back to the States, and prosecuted.

I'm so sick of these Johnny-Come-Latelys' stirring up shit here. We know who they are. Twenty posts in, and they're already trashing the party, the administration, and anyone who supports either. It seems to completely escape them that this is not a Yahoo message board, but one with a partisan mission, and the TOS clearly state that.

Fuck the USSR Snowden, and all who sail in him. Besides, didn't Wikileaks just confirm that it was no accident how he wound up in Mother Russia?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to Tarheel_Dem (Reply #6)

Sun May 4, 2014, 07:08 AM

14. awww its so cute when you call him "snowie"

its like with your small act heroism (primary school taunt) he's rendered harmless to your hyperpartisan narrative!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to bobduca (Reply #14)

Sun May 4, 2014, 11:55 PM

15. That's okay. Snowie's "rendered" toast in this country.




Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to BlindTiresias (Original post)

Sun May 4, 2014, 05:01 AM

3. Drake deads this thread and many pro Snowden threads. He did the same as Snowden without...

... leaking to US adversaries overseas and was only charged with a misdemeanor from Obama admin.

Snowden on the other hand has shown to out and out just lie about whether or not he tried to go through proper channels and out and out started giving data and info to US adversaries overseas like Russia and China.

What does telling Germany we spy on their prime minister have to do with the US 4th amendment!?

... then prop a overtly LGBT hater like Putin in the open.

You guys can keep supporting Snowden, he's show FACTUALLY that he's not a good character overall the aforementioned actions

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to uponit7771 (Reply #3)

Sun May 4, 2014, 06:24 AM

10. I don't get it

why would we not spy on Germany ?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to BlindTiresias (Original post)

Sun May 4, 2014, 05:02 AM

4. i never defended Jonathan Pollard and that happened under republicans

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to BlindTiresias (Original post)

Sun May 4, 2014, 06:13 AM

7. The "Snowden is a poopyhead" club will endure for eternity

 

Kinda' like herpes zoster.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to BlindTiresias (Original post)

Sun May 4, 2014, 06:17 AM

8. libertarians strike me as very odd.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to stonecutter357 (Reply #8)

Sun May 4, 2014, 06:31 AM

11. "Odd" ain't all. You know what "states rights" translates to, right?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to Tarheel_Dem (Reply #11)

Sun May 4, 2014, 06:35 AM

12. I live in Alabama so yes i know

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to BlindTiresias (Original post)

Sun May 4, 2014, 06:19 AM

9. Let's face it...

 

...when Bush was President, Snowden said leakers should be shot in the balls. If you want to go this route, it works both ways, BlindTiresias.
[hr][font color="blue"][center]A 90% chance of rain means the same as a 10% chance:
It might rain and it might not.
[/center][/font][hr]

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to randome (Reply #9)

Sun May 4, 2014, 06:37 AM

13. Damn skippy!



Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread