HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Spain officials: Man went...

Sun Feb 16, 2014, 02:15 PM

Spain officials: Man went into coma after pot cake

MADRID (AP) A university student in Spain's capital went into a comatose state early Sunday after he ate a birthday cake baked with marijuana, while nine others were also hospitalized, officials said.

The comatose man wasn't responding to stimulus when admitted to a Madrid hospital, but he later recovered, city emergency services spokesman Javier Chivite said. The man is still hospitalized.

It wasn't immediately clear if the pot cake directly led to the man's comatose state, or if he had ingested other substances or had underlying medical problems.

An official at Puerta de Hierro de Majadahonda hospital confirmed the man went into a comatose state, but declined to reveal further details, citing privacy issues. The hospital official spoke on condition of anonymity because she wasn't authorized to be identified by name.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/world/article/Spain-officials-Man-went-into-coma-after-pot-cake-5240210.php

not sure what to think about this myself. Seems like an overdose and had they been able to buy something instead o making it themselves, this probably would not have happened. Amateurs should never make ganja foods.

4 replies, 1240 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Spain officials: Man went into coma after pot cake (Original post)
Bennyboy Feb 2014 OP
kestrel91316 Feb 2014 #1
Blue Owl Feb 2014 #2
Comrade Grumpy Feb 2014 #3
madinmaryland Feb 2014 #4

Response to Bennyboy (Original post)

Sun Feb 16, 2014, 02:20 PM

1. He ate the ENTIRE cake?? Cannabis or no, the man's an idiot.

Totally recovered, I see. Maybe now he'll understand about moderation.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Feb 16, 2014, 06:46 PM

2. Improperly baked, most likely

n/t

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 16, 2014, 06:48 PM

3. Better call that British coroner to issue a death certificate.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 16, 2014, 06:53 PM

4. This explains a lot...

"It wasn't immediately clear if the pot cake directly led to the man's comatose state, or if he had ingested other substances or had underlying medical problems."

I have a feeling that it was something else that led to this. I think this is another example of the piss-poor journalism in this country.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread