HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Lara Logan... "Journ...

Mon Nov 11, 2013, 09:17 PM

Lara Logan... "Journalist"...

Lara Logan: "When I look at what’s happening in Libya, it’s a big song and dance about whether this was a terrorist attack or a protest. And you just want to scream, 'For God's sake, are you kidding me?’ The last time we were attacked like this was the U.S.S. Cole, which was a prelude to the 1998 embassy bombings, which was a prelude to 9/11. And you’re sending in FBI to investigate. I hope to God that you’re sending in your best clandestine warriors who are going to exact revenge and let the world know that the United States will not be attacked on its own soil, that its ambassadors will not be murdered, and the United States will not stand by and do nothing about it."

5 replies, 1497 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Lara Logan... "Journalist"... (Original post)
WillyT Nov 2013 OP
JaneyVee Nov 2013 #1
Cleita Nov 2013 #2
WillyT Nov 2013 #3
JackRiddler Nov 2013 #4
bluestate10 Nov 2013 #5

Response to WillyT (Original post)

Mon Nov 11, 2013, 09:18 PM

1. Hey Lara, volunteer your kids for war.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Nov 11, 2013, 09:23 PM

2. She's the perfect example of why the old adage of

"Work hard and you will be rewarded with accordingly" is just clap trap. If that were true, Amy Goodman and Katrina Vanden Heuval would be the top journalists on Sixty Minutes and Lara Logan would be an assistant to one of them. I always considered her a hack who tried to bamboozle others into believing that she had journalistic chops. She's just the Corky character in Murphy Brown.

Reply to this post

Response to Cleita (Reply #2)

Mon Nov 11, 2013, 09:35 PM

3. "She's just the Corky character in Murphy Brown."

Corky Sherwood (Faith Ford) was Murphy's replacement during her "sabbatical". A former Miss America from the (fictional) town of Neebo, Louisiana, Corky is the bane of the other journalists with her perky personality—and utter lack of sophistication when it comes to world affairs. Due to overwhelming audience reaction, management decides to retain her services after Murphy's return.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murphy_Brown

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 11, 2013, 09:59 PM

4. That rhetoric is indistinguishable from...

Rush Limbaugh, or Ann Coulter or the like. Pretty stupid. Pretty shocking.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 11, 2013, 10:59 PM

5. CBS should fire Logan. At best her 60 Minutes report was shoddy. At the best, she

spent a year crafting an incorrect story. Regardless of what happened, CBS should fire Logan. Logan is either incompetent or a complete Liar. Logan will land at Fox News, where she apparently belongs.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread