HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » COOKIES!?!

Wed Jul 31, 2013, 09:35 AM

COOKIES!?!

North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory (R) offered a plate of cookies Tuesday to a group of mostly female demonstrators protesting a new law he signed Monday restricting abortion access.

McCrory went outside the gates of the governor's mansion, cookies in hand, and pointed at protester Jamie Sohn. "'These are for you. God bless you, God bless you, God bless you,'" she quoted him as saying.

The protesters did not appreciate the gesture. They returned the chocolate chip cookies to the gate with a sign that read, "Will take women's health over cookies!"

They also saw the move as sexist, chanting, "Hey Pat, that was rude. You wouldn't give cookies to a dude."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/31/pat-mccrory-cookies_n_3681532.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

3 replies, 1277 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply COOKIES!?! (Original post)
kpete Jul 2013 OP
NV Whino Jul 2013 #1
Brigid Jul 2013 #3
surrealAmerican Jul 2013 #2

Response to kpete (Original post)

Wed Jul 31, 2013, 10:22 AM

1. I can tell just by looking that they're not very good, too.

They're flat and over baked. Probably used margarine rather than butter. Now, that is dissing your recipients.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to NV Whino (Reply #1)

Wed Jul 31, 2013, 10:46 AM

3. They look store-bought to me.

And you offer cookies to a fussy child, not to an adult who is upset with you for good reason. Very condescending and demeaning. And don't tell me it wasn't intended that way. Nobody is that clueless, not even a Republican politician.

Reply to this post

Response to kpete (Original post)

Wed Jul 31, 2013, 10:28 AM

2. Love the chant!

Sorry, governor, these aren't kindergartners.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread