HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » OH-OOH: Rand Paul MOCKS C...

Mon Jul 29, 2013, 10:14 AM

OH-OOH: Rand Paul MOCKS Christie and King: ‘GIMME, GIMME, GIMME ALL MY SANDY MONEY NOW’

Republicans Peter King (Rep, NY) and Chris Christie (Gov, NJ) have been tearing into Republican Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) and his “anti-war” NSA foot pounding, saying he is weakening the Republican Party’s bona fides on national security. So Paul took it to the next level, slamming both King and Christie for being takers who are bankrupting the government. At a Republican fundraiser in Tennessee on Sunday, Senator Paul accused Christie and King of being all “gimme, gimme, gimme”, according to CNN affiliate WKRN-TV. Speaking as the headliner at a Boots and Jeans, BBQ and Beans fundraising event in Franklin Tennessee, the Senator said,

“The people who want to criticize me and call me names, they are precisely the same people who are unwilling to cut the spending. They are ‘Gimme, gimme, gimme all my Sandy money now.’ Those are the people who are bankrupting the government and not allowing enough money be left over for national defense.”

Bizarrely, the Senator also explained that the GOP needs to be more inclusive, and suggested that they need to get those New England votes. Senator Paul expounded on ways to grow the Republican Party, “New England, the West Coast, Illinois, we need to figure out how to win in those states. And until we get more inclusive, until we get more African American votes, more Latino votes, more women’s votes, more youth’s votes, we have to do all of that.” Probably won’t get east coasters by slamming Sandy Aide. Just a thought.

But then, the Senator’s plans for expanding the party all seem to follow the same blueprint. Want more African American voters? Hire a racist secessionist who champions the assassination of President Lincoln as your close aide, defend said racist until the pressure gets too high and then say you hope hiring said secessionist won’t damage the GOP brand. Want more women votes? Get out your transvaginal freedom probes on your way to an anti-choice rally for personal liberty (Bob Cesca nicely points out the hypocrisy here).

Republicans are now calling each other names in public, accusing each other of putting the nation at risk by being against national security (delicious to watch this after years of purple band-aid attacks against Democrats) and defending themselves by mocking Republicans who took aide for their states as bankrupting the country.

cont'

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/07/29/rand-paul-accuses-fellow-republicans-bankrupting-government-sandy-aid.html

13 replies, 2023 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 13 replies Author Time Post
Reply OH-OOH: Rand Paul MOCKS Christie and King: ‘GIMME, GIMME, GIMME ALL MY SANDY MONEY NOW’ (Original post)
Segami Jul 2013 OP
gordianot Jul 2013 #1
Segami Jul 2013 #2
adirondacker Jul 2013 #4
Dash87 Jul 2013 #6
zappaman Jul 2013 #12
DonCoquixote Jul 2013 #3
Sometimeswedrown Jul 2013 #5
Generic Other Jul 2013 #7
Scurrilous Jul 2013 #8
LondonReign2 Jul 2013 #9
Dustin DeWinde Jul 2013 #10
LordGlenconner Jul 2013 #11
B Stieg Jul 2013 #13

Response to Segami (Original post)

Mon Jul 29, 2013, 10:34 AM

1. When Rand Paul looks at himself in the mirror what keeps him from punching himself?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to gordianot (Reply #1)

Mon Jul 29, 2013, 10:35 AM

2. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

MAN O MAN.....I LOVE IT!

Reply to this post

Mon Jul 29, 2013, 10:56 AM

4. Nice first response!

LMAO

Reply to this post

Mon Jul 29, 2013, 11:11 AM

6. Looking at his father, he must think it's normal.

His mind was invaded by stupidity ever since he was a deformed tadpole in that nuclear waste puddle.

Reply to this post

Tue Jul 30, 2013, 01:01 PM

12. Beautifully stated!

Fuck Rand Paul and fuck his racist POS father Ron too!

Reply to this post

Mon Jul 29, 2013, 10:47 AM

3. Yet when Dixie floods

He is there with Bells on.

Reply to this post

Mon Jul 29, 2013, 11:01 AM

5. "Mr. Chairman and members of the republican party"

I give you the Sarah Palin of 2016

Reply to this post

Mon Jul 29, 2013, 11:14 AM

7. Rand Paul is a red state hypocrite

I believe the greedy constituents of Paul's state are all gimme gimme gimme when it comes to sucking up more in Federal funds than they pay in taxes. Kentucky is one of the ten most welfare dependent states in the country. Retirement programs, nutritional and anti-poverty aid, farm subsidies. 23.8 billion paid in taxes. 46.61 billion returned to the state. $1.96 for each dollar paid in taxes. gimme gimme gimme Kentucky. gimme gimme gimme

New Jersey is among the bottom ten states who pay more in taxes than they receive in return. $71.53 billion. For each dollar spent, the citizens of NJ receive $.62 in return. So who are the gimme gimme's?

New York paid 222.60 billion. Their citizens get on average $.79 for every tax dollar.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/galleries/2011/04/04/state-finances.html#slide49

Reply to this post

Mon Jul 29, 2013, 03:28 PM

8. Kick

Reply to this post

Mon Jul 29, 2013, 03:36 PM

9. "not allowing enough money be left over for national defense"

One wonders what level of defense spending would finally be enough for these people. 95% of the budget? 98%?

Reply to this post

Tue Jul 30, 2013, 12:59 PM

10. i love the infighting within the gop

And I want to stress how detestable both king and Christie are. But as usual rand paul is the worst.

Christie seeking money to help people in his state is actually a good thing. And for once in his miserablel life king acted like a new yorker and put our state ahead of his party.

But king and Christie both worked to make the gop the seeping cesspool of lunacy that it is today. So when the beast they have nurtured fed and defended defended turns on them I feel no sympathy.

Vote ALL gop scoundrels out of office

Reply to this post

Tue Jul 30, 2013, 01:00 PM

11. Rand Paul will be their nominee in 2016

He's got just the right amount of latent bigotry mixed with a anger and a sense of entitlement that will make their masses swoon. And of course he fits the most important criteria of them all: he's painfully white.

Reply to this post

Tue Jul 30, 2013, 05:20 PM

13. “New England, the West Coast, Illinois, we need to figure out how to win in those states."

become democrats

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread