HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » WORST Scandal Ever - unea...

Fri May 31, 2013, 11:45 AM

WORST Scandal Ever - unearthed by Andy Borowitz

Obama Under Fire for Using Free Government Housing

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In the latest scandal to rock the Obama Administration, a leading Republican congressman accused the President today of using his position to obtain free government housing for himself and his family.

According to Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wisconsin), Mr. Obama “has arrogantly exploited the office of President to gain access to a fifty-five-thousand-square-foot residence that could double as a museum.”

“While the average American is struggling to pay his bills, President Obama is living in a luxury home, adorned with priceless paintings and antiques as far as the eye can see,” Rep. Ryan alleged.

Additionally, the Wisconsin congressman said, the President has availed himself of “sumptuous free meals—breakfast, lunch, and dinner—all on the taxpayer’s nickel.”

“Day after day, he selfishly sucks on Uncle Sam’s teat,” he said.

In keeping with Mr. Obama’s bloated lifestyle as “Superstar-in-Chief,” the congressman added, “The President travels with an entourage of highly trained bodyguards who would put Jay-Z’s posse to shame.”

Drawing a line in the sand, the Republican warned Mr. Obama to cut back on his lavish living arrangements “or face possible impeachment.” “Across America, people are tightening their belts,” Rep. Ryan said. “The President should not be living like a head of state.”

www.borowitzreport.com

8 replies, 2066 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply WORST Scandal Ever - unearthed by Andy Borowitz (Original post)
Mira May 2013 OP
JustAnotherGen May 2013 #1
maidensandiego May 2013 #2
nadinbrzezinski May 2013 #3
narnian60 May 2013 #4
Mira May 2013 #5
freshwest May 2013 #6
Ilsa May 2013 #7
nilram May 2013 #8

Response to Mira (Original post)

Fri May 31, 2013, 11:47 AM

1. I love

Borowitz!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri May 31, 2013, 11:53 AM

2. Get a Life Loser Ryan !

These people SERIOUSLY....need to "SHUT....THE.....F!#K UP !!!!" How about they stop worrying about CRAP like this and worry about getting people back to WORK ! I swear I can't STAND these freakin people. They DISGUST me to no degree !

Reply to this post

Response to maidensandiego (Reply #2)

Fri May 31, 2013, 11:55 AM

3. Horowitz = satire

And good satire at that

Reply to this post

Fri May 31, 2013, 11:57 AM

4. Yes,

and, oh, YES.

Reply to this post

Fri May 31, 2013, 12:07 PM

5. Whenever you see the name "Andy Borowitz" you are reading exquisite satire - also:

Welcome to DU. May your stay be long and fruitfful.

Reply to this post

Fri May 31, 2013, 01:32 PM

6. What's sad is that the baggers will believe all those talking points. Just as they believed Colbert

was a conservative, and not a parody of a conservative. Andy has them figured out, all right.

Reply to this post

Fri May 31, 2013, 02:44 PM

7. Other scandals:

Michelle Bachmann will draw a pension for only eight years of goofing around doing interviews and flashing her crazy eyes.

Meanwhile, the OMB is looking at "borrowing" the USPS' retirement fund to fund something (govt operations?). I heard about this on Ed Schultz's radio show today. Really? I thought that fund was designed to bankrupt the postal service (and bust the largest union) so it could be privatized and all of that money stolen.

Reply to this post

Fri May 31, 2013, 11:55 PM

8. Cute, Andy, but actually they pay for their own food

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread