HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Five Undercover Police Ca...

Sat May 25, 2013, 10:10 AM

Five Undercover Police Cars Sent To Arrest Single Alleged Movie Pirate

Police assisted by the Federation Against Copyright Theft showed up in large numbers to arrest an alleged movie pirate in the UK this week. Armed with an emergency search warrant issued out of hours by a judge, five undercover police vehicles containing detectives and FACT officers were deployed to arrest a 24-year-old said to have recorded the movie Fast and Furious 6.

The MPAA-backed Federation Against Copyright Theft is well known for its anti-piracy actions around the UK, tracking down alleged movie pirates with the help of the police and hauling them, if at all possible, through the court system.

What remains remarkable about FACT operations is how they are able to persuade the police to invest significant resources towards detaining individuals for non-violent crimes.

http://torrentfreak.com/five-undercover-police-cars-sent-to-arrest-single-alleged-movie-pirate-130525/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The rest of the story outlines an incredible process of seizing the man's property, of police sitting back while the
anti pirate group did all the questioning, the man being arrested for:“Miscellaneous Offense”,

4 replies, 1197 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Five Undercover Police Cars Sent To Arrest Single Alleged Movie Pirate (Original post)
dixiegrrrrl May 2013 OP
bunnies May 2013 #1
dixiegrrrrl May 2013 #3
Downwinder May 2013 #2
AnotherMcIntosh May 2013 #4

Response to dixiegrrrrl (Original post)

Sat May 25, 2013, 10:15 AM

1. Seems just a tad excessive.

Geezus. I remember when I was young we'd make mixed tapes by recording songs off the radio. Thank goodness there was no raid at my house. This is ridiculous.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to bunnies (Reply #1)

Sat May 25, 2013, 10:47 AM

3. and very chilling...

that corproate media can use the police like that.

Reply to this post

Sat May 25, 2013, 10:43 AM

2. No SWAT gear? Living dangerously.

Reply to this post

Sat May 25, 2013, 11:25 AM

4. Interesting,

"Despite the ‘emergency’ nature of the raid, no movie recording equipment was found."

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread