HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Top 10 Conservative Idiot...

Thu Jan 19, 2023, 05:00 PM

Top 10 Conservative Idiots Best Of #26 - The Best Of Season 13 Edition

Top 10 Conservative Idiots Best Of #26 – The Best Of Season 13 Edition

Welcome back to the Top 10 Conservative Idiots! Oh hello! I know, right? We’ve still got one week before we come back and we’re still tidying up the set here at our home base at the Constellation Room here in Santa Ana, California. But we’ve got some ambitious plans for 2023 and beyond. We honestly don’t know what’s going to happen at the end of 2023 but our hope currently is that we’re planning to stay on through the 2024 presidential election which will absolutely guaranteed to be the clusterfuck of the decade. But we don’t have definite long term plans for the show currently. We will keep going for as long as possible, that’s for sure! And we’re hitting #300 this year with a big shindig in France! That’s right, just like the GOP, we decided to say fuck it and pack up and head to another nation for our big celebration. Plus we also have our first ever show in Alaska! And our long awaited return to the SF Sketch Fest! It’s been way too long! How about that? So I know here’s why you’re checking out this Best Of – you want the tour dates! And *drum roll* here they are!

1/26/23 – Constellation Room At Observatory OC, Santa Ana, CA
2/3/23 – Grammercy Theater, New York City, NY
2/9/23 – Punchline Philly, Philadelphia, PA
2/16/23 – Helium Comedy Club, Buffalo, NY
2/23/23 – Laugh Boston, Boston, MA
3/2/23 – The Gold Room, Portland, ME (Stupidest State 2023 Selection Sunday)
3/9/23 - **DARK**
3/16/23 – DC Improv, Washington, DC (Stupidest State Round 1 Week 1)
3/23/23 – Miami Improv, Miami, FL (Stupidest State Round 1 Week 2) (#299)
3/30/23 – L’Olympia, Paris, FR (Stupidest State Round 1 Week 3) (#300!!!!)
4/6/23 – Ogden Theater, Denver, CO (Stupidest State Round 1 Week 4)
4/13/23 – Comedy Underground, Seattle, WA (Stupidest State Round 2 Week 1)
4/20/23 – Orpheum Theater, Vancouver, BC (Stupidest State Round 2 Week 2)
4/27/23 – Urban Yeti Improv, Anchorage, AK (Stupidest State Round 2 Week 3)
5/4/23 – SF Sketch Fest, San Francisco, CA (Stupidest State Round 2 Week 4)
5/11/23 – DARK
5/18/23 – Laugh Factory, Long Beach, CA (Stupidest State Final Four)
5/25/23 – Constellation Room At Observatory OC, Santa Ana, CA (Stupidest State Championships)

And that’s it! We also have some big things planned for season 15 and a new segment that even I don’t know what it is yet! That said we have a lot of idiocy to get to for this Best Of. But first John Oliver is back (sort of) with this web exclusive bit about what happens to trash (besides it getting elected to Congress as a GOP representative, HEY O!!! Thank you I’m here all week!) :

So where do we begin for this Best Of Season 13? It’s the last Best Of before we begin the new season on 1/26! Well for the #1 slot we have to go back to Idiots #13-6 where Biden calls out the MAGAs for their extremism (1) and all of a sudden now they’re the party of unity when they’ve been calling for so much hate and division in this country? Come on man! In the number 2 slot, from Idiots #13-8, we remember the time when Pillow Douche, aka Mike Lindell (2) went on social media to complain that his phone had been seized by the FBI! Excuse my editorial laugh… ha ha ha, and my lack of sympathy. And speaking of lack of sympathy, and not counting recent events – which don’t worry we will cover next week, surround the election of new Brazil president Lulu DeSilva and the ouster of authoritarian nightmare Jair Bolsonaro (2). Womp womp. In the number 4 slot, from Idiots #13-2, we completely predicted that Trump’s LIV golf tournament that he held in Bedminster was going to be a disaster, and sure enough, we were right, plus it featured some major ass kissing from Marjorie 3 Names. In the number 5 slot, from Idiots #13-4, our segment “We’re All Gonna Die” (5) tears down the media fearmongering surrounding the return of the polio virus, and yes we do have anti-vaxxers to blame for this one. In the number 6 slot this week, from Idiots #13-15, our visit to the Holy Church Of The Top 10 in “Holy Shit” (6), our pastor decides to have some fun and talk about the new Hulu docuseries called “God Forbid” about the Jerry Falwell pool boy incident, and the events surrounding it! in the number 7 slot this week from Idiots #13-10, our pop culture segment “Beating A Dead Horse” discusses just how toxic internet fandoms can get, especially with the recent Amazon Lord Of The Rings series. In the number 8 seed, from Idiots #13-5, our segment Conspiracy Corner discusses the insanity that went down at Mike Lindell’s (8) “Moment Of Truth” summit, which was really 2 hours of election fearmongering, followed by a 16 hour infomercial about how to become a My Pillow influencer. In the number 9 (NEIN!!!) slot this week, from Idiots #13-13, remember way back in the 1st season of Idiots our creepy clown fandom? Well there’s a low budget horror flick about creepy clowns endorsed and promoted by our good friend Kevin Smith that explores just that very concept! And it was, as reviewed – “vomit inducing”! Get the puke bucket ready! Finally from our World Tour 2022, stop #11 takes a look at the land of pharaohs, kings, and the pyramids – the almighty Egypt! Plus to close things out we have the legendary Mars Volta stopping by! Enjoy! And as always don’t forget the key!

[div style="padding: 20px; background-color: #ffffff; border-radius: 10px; box-shadow: 0px 2px 4px 1px #aaa;"][div style="font-family: arial, helvetica; font-weight: bold; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999; padding-bottom: 8px;"]
[font size="8"]MAGAs For Unity
[br] [/font]
[br]

In case you haven’t noticed, the MAGAs have spent the last six years and especially the last two years dividing the hell out of us. Everything from race to religion to the programs we watch to the content we consume online to music to whether or not we got the vaccine to what books we read… everything is apparently on the table now. But I am loving this. So after Joe Biden gave his speech in Philadelphia last Thursday on the fact that we should be aware of the rising tide of fascism and political violence in this country, we should now be focused on… unity? Ha, that’s rich! I don’t know if you’ve watched Tucker Carlson (ed. Note: although I’m guessing if you’re here, you’re definitely not watching Tucker Carlson) lately but Fox News is turning up the hate way past 11. So needless to say I’ve been spending the last week watching the MAGA meltdown on social media and it has been rather glorious!

Republicans are in a rage over President Biden’s speech in Philadelphia, in which he flatly declared that the American democratic experiment is in serious danger due to Donald Trump and the Republicans who remain allied with his political project.

So here’s a question for those Republicans: What exactly in Biden’s speech was wrong?

Many objections have been general: Republicans say his speech disparaged millions, that it was angry, or divisive, or political, or hateful, or depicted Republicans as the enemy.

In coming days, these Republicans will retreat into right-wing media safe spaces to fulminate without facing cross-examination. But when they venture into mainstream forums, they should be pressed on specifics.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/09/02/biden-speech-philadelphia-trump-maga-republicans-democracy/

Yeah Biden hit ‘em where it hurts! Now of course my producer is telling me that we do have MAGA people lurking here, and I have to say MAGA lurkers – if you’re offended by what Biden said last Thursday, then guess what? You’re part of the problem! But Biden really hit the MAGAs where it hurts by exposing their extremism. That’s how we fight back against these clowns is to expose them for what they really stand for. And if they’re worried about Biden suddenly turning the MAGA brand toxic? Well that might actually work. And it is definitely hitting a nerve!

Now that Biden has gotten so much of his agenda enacted, and with the midterm elections looming, he has switched to a more combative mode. His Thursday speech at Independence Hall in Philadelphia was billed as a salvo in the continuing battle for “the soul of the nation,” but it was really a well-justified expression of rage and despair about what the Republican Party has become. The president is finally telling Democrats what they want to hear: “Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans represent an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our republic.” This comes only a few days after he described the MAGA philosophy as “semi-fascism.”

As if on cue, Republicans screamed bloody murder, with House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) accusing Biden of choosing “to divide, demean and disparage his fellow Americans.” So does this mean that Biden’s previous commitment to working with Republicans was merely transactional and has now been discarded in the heat of the campaign?

That is certainly the right-wing interpretation of his speech, with conservatives accusing Biden of discarding his campaign pledge to “unite our country” and not stoke “division.” (Republicans demonstrated their own commitment to unity and uplift after the speech by comparing Biden to Hitler and accusing him of being a “raving lunatic.”)

But note that Biden wasn’t calling out all Republicans — he was not, contrary to the GOP talking points, attacking “half the country.” He was careful to differentiate between normal Republicans and MAGA Republicans. “Not every Republican, not even the majority of Republicans, are MAGA Republicans,” he said. “Not every Republican embraces their extreme ideology.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/09/05/biden-speech-gop-reaction-hysteria/

And here’s the thing – not every republican listens to Infowars and Tucker Carlson and subscribes to far right extremist ideology. And Biden is not calling out all republicans. He’s identifying the actual extremists who seek to takeover the government, which is a paltry 28% of identified republican voters. I mean if you’ve seen the meltdown on social media, it’s truly a thing of beauty. But seriously you can’t be offended when your party attempted to overthrow the government and murder half of Congress when your guy has a sad because he lost the election.

President Joe Biden charged in a prime-time address that the “extreme ideology” of Donald Trump and his adherents “threatens the very foundation of our republic,” as he summoned Americans of all stripes to help counter what he sketched as dark forces within the Republican Party trying to subvert democracy.

In his speech Thursday night at Philadelphia’s Independence Hall, Biden unleashed the trappings of the presidency in an unusually strong and sweeping indictment of Trump and what he said has become the dominant strain of the opposition party. His broadside came barely two months before Americans head to the polls in bitterly contested midterm elections that Biden calls a crossroads for the nation.

“Too much of what’s happening in our country today is not normal,” he said before an audience of hundreds, raising his voice over pro-Trump hecklers outside the building where the nation’s founding was debated. He said he wasn’t condemning the 74 million people who voted for Trump in 2020 but added, “There’s no question that the Republican Party today is dominated by Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans,” using the acronym for Trump’s “Make America Great Again” campaign slogan.
https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm-elections-biden-donald-trump-presidential-philadelphia-5d0f7c02df093f0d3a3340474a53be4b

Yeah that’s pretty much every MAGA republican right now. But like I keep saying if you’re shocked by Biden’s speech calling out MAGA extremism, then you are 100% a part of the problem. He is correct, we are seriously at the threshold of losing our freedoms in favor of a party that thinks that a Hungarian Nazi is a model leader (see: Top 10 #12-16 ). If that’s your idea of a model leader, conservatives, you really need to have your head examined. You can’t scream freedom one minute and then praise a fascist authoritarian the next. It doesn’t work that way, you can’t have it both ways.

President Joe Biden accused former President Donald Trump and his supporters of promoting an extreme ideology that threatens democracy in rare prime-time remarks Thursday as he stepped up attacks on conservatives ahead of the midterm elections.

“Too much of what’s happening in our country today is not normal. Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans represent extremism that threatens the very foundations of our republic,” Biden said in the speech from the Independence National Historical Park in Philadelphia.

He accused so-called “MAGA Republicans,” a reference to Trump's "Make America Great Again" slogan, of refusing to recognize free and fair elections, increasingly talking about violence in response to actions they don’t like, and of being determined to thwart "the will of the people."

"MAGA Republicans have made their choice. They embrace anger. They thrive on chaos. They live not in the light of truth but in the shadow of lies," Biden said.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/joe-biden/biden-give-prime-time-speech-battle-soul-nation-stepped-attacks-republ-rcna45766

[div style="padding: 20px; background-color: #ffffff; border-radius: 10px; box-shadow: 0px 2px 4px 1px #aaa;"][div style="font-family: arial, helvetica; font-weight: bold; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999; padding-bottom: 8px;"]
[font size="8"]Mike Lindell
[br] [/font]
[br]

Like I said last week, I am loving watching the MAGA world fall flat on their face. Yeah you know the old saying that two wrongs don’t make a right. Well, in this case, fuck that shit. Because you know their favorite president spent the last five years calling us losers and morons and now he’s going full whack job conspiracy theorist and embracing full blown Nazi ideology, yeah really the only acceptable response is fuck these losers. But here’s the thing MAGAs – you know the old saying, don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time! This might be one of my favorite stories in a long while. I’m sure that everyone remembers where they were when they heard that Mr. Creepy Pillow Man himself, Mike Lindell got his phone seized by the FBI while at a fast food restaurant in the middle of nowhere, Minnesota. Me? I was sitting here in my hotel room on the Top 10 workstation laughing my ass off. At this point, it’d probably be easier to list who connected to Trump isn’t a criminal (hint: 404 file not found).

MyPillow chief executive Mike Lindell said Tuesday that federal agents seized his cellphone and questioned him about a Colorado clerk who has been charged in what prosecutors say was a "deceptive scheme" to breach voting system technology used across the country.

Lindell was approached in the drive-thru of a Hardee's fast-food restaurant in Mankato, Minnesota, by several FBI agents, he said on his podcast, "The Lindell Report." The agents questioned him about Dominion Voting Systems, Mesa County Clerk Tina Peters and his connection to Doug Frank, an Ohio educator who claims voting machines have been manipulated, he said.

The agents then told Lindell they had a warrant to seize his cellphone and ordered him to turn it over, he said. On a video version of his podcast, Lindell displayed a letter signed by an assistant U.S. attorney in Colorado that said prosecutors were conducting an "official criminal investigation of a suspected felony" and noted the use of a federal grand jury.

The circumstances of the investigation were unclear. The Justice Department did not immediately respond Tuesday night to a request for comment about the seizure or investigation.
https://www.wgal.com/article/mypillow-mike-lindell-says-fbi-agents-seized-cellphone/41215022

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Excuse me a minute…. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! You can’t keep a good election denier everybody! But I do love this. The initial reports were kind of vague about where he was detained. Some say it was an Arby’s, others say it was a Hardee’s. So let’s use the Arby’s slogan – we have the meats… and also the subpoenas! Thank you for that, Top 10 Graphics Department! But I love that the official Hardee’s social media account took a jab at the incident:

Fast-food outlet Hardee's has mocked Mike Lindell online, after the prominent Donald Trump supporter had his phone seized by the FBI at one of their restaurants on Tuesday.

FBI agents surrounded the MyPillow CEO at the drive-thru of a Hardee's branch in his home town of Mankato, Minnesota, as he was returning from a hunting trip.

Lindell, 61, is a vocal supporter of the discredited conspiracy theory that the 2020 presidential election was rigged against Trump, and that the former president was the true victor rather than Joe Biden.

Vikki Migoya, a public affairs officer at the FBI's Denver Field Office, told Newsweek confirmed the agency "executing a search warrant authorized by a federal judge" at the Hardee's outlet, but didn't go into details.
https://www.newsweek.com/hardees-trolls-mike-lindell-discount-if-you-still-have-phone-1743179

Gotta love whoever does fast food social media accounts, because they do have a great sense of humor about things! But you know who doesn’t have a great sense of humor? Mike Lindell. One thing I will say about living in the social media and smartphone era, is that smartphones are great to have but people also get addicted to them. So when you take away the phone of one of the world’s most notorious hard right MAGA trolls, you get them screaming and whining like the 5 year old yelling at his parents to buy him a toy at Target. So yeah that’s happening!

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell recently complained that he no longer had access to accounts that allowed him to transfer money between businesses after his phone was confiscated by the FBI.

While speaking to Steve Bannon on his War Room podcast, Lindell said he runs multiple businesses through his phone.

Lindell also said he would almost prefer to be arrested by the FBI than have his phone confiscated.

A clip of this has since gone viral on social media after being posted by the Patriot Takes Twitter page. The video has been viewed more than 125,000 times since being posted on Monday.

Lindell's comments come following his announcement last week that he and his team would be suing the FBI and the United States government over the phone seizure.
https://www.newsweek.com/mike-lindell-fbi-phone-confiscation-money-seizure-steve-bannon-podcast-1744506

Look, here’s the thing, conservatives, you’re knee deep in some ridiculously shady stuff! If you don’t do shady shit, you won’t get your phone seized! It’s that fucking simple. The old adage is true – don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time! But of course, in the MAGA world, instead of joining them if you can’t beat them, guess where they’re resorting? The lawsuit. That’s right – in the MAGA world, if you can’t beat them, then sue the shit out of them! For the party that claims to hate trial lawyers, they really do love them some trial lawyers, don’t they?

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell announced on Friday that he is planning to sue the FBI after his phone was seized this week, saying that "this will set a precedent."

"We are suing the United States government and the FBI, and this isn't just to get the phone back," Lindell said while appearing on Steve Bannon's War Room podcast. "My First, Fourth and Fifth Amendment rights were broken....We're not going to put up with this."

Lindell told Newsweek on Friday said that he plans to file the lawsuit next week and noted that following the seizure of his phone, some vendors on his website, MyStore, canceled their agreements "because of what the FBI did."

"We lost a huge chunk of business because of that," Lindell said. "There was four products that got canceled. Four different people because they're afraid of what the FBI did."
https://www.newsweek.com/mike-lindell-sue-fbi-over-phone-seizure-this-will-set-precedent-1743805

[font size="8"]Jair Bolsonaro
[br] [/font]
[br]

We at the Top 10 occasionally like to check in with our friends overseas, because as is our motto and mission statement here – conservative idiocy isn’t just a uniquely American problem. It’s become a global problem, and far right fascists and conspiracy theorists are no different no matter what country you visit. Case in point: Brazil. Their current president Jair Bolsonaro was elected by far right conspiracy theorists from Brazil with help from America’s far right conspiracy theorist activists like Steve Bannon and Alex Jones. But that’s not to say that the election between Jair Bolsonaro and Lulu Da Silva was incredibly close. And for those of you watching America’s elections – just beware that your vote absolutely does matter! Don’t throw it away! Because when the election comes down to a million or so votes, don’t think for a minute that your vote doesn’t matter. You absolutely can make a difference, because just look at how close the two parties were in Brazil.

Brazil’s President Jair Bolsonaro said Tuesday that he would “continue to fulfill all the commandments of our constitution” in a short speech at the presidential palace in Brasilia, after days of silence following his election loss to the leftist former leader Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva.

He did not explicitly concede defeat, though the event appeared to signal his intention to cooperate with the transfer of power.

Taking the podium after the President, chief of staff Ciro Nogueira said that he would work with the new government and is waiting for Lula da Silva’s transition team to begin the handover.

“President Jair Messias Bolsonaro authorized me, when it is time, based on the law, to start the transition process,” Nogueira said.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/01/americas/bolsonaro-brazil-elections-protests-intl-latam/index.html

Yeah so Lula won the election, how about that! But the transition of power considering this unstable lunatic at the helm, is probably going to go about as well as the transition of power here did. See, the world’s far right leaders are learning lessons from Trump about what *NOT* to do and it’s going to get scary and worse. But Bolsonaro’s systematic destruction of the Brazilian rainforest and his gross mishandling of COVID is what did him in. Yeah that’s right – that virus that conservatives called a hoax and acted like a massive death toll wasn’t happening.

When Brazil elected Jair Bolsonaro as its president four years ago, this journal was among those that feared the worst. “The election of Jair Bolsonaro is bad for research and the environment,” we wrote (Nature 563, 5–6; 2018).

A populist and a former army captain, Bolsonaro charged into office denying science, threatening Indigenous peoples’ rights, promoting guns as a solution to security concerns and pushing a development-at-all-costs approach to the economy. Bolsonaro has been true to his word. His term in office has been disastrous for science, the environment, the people of Brazil — and the world.

This weekend, Brazilians will go to the polls in the second round of one of the country’s most important elections since the end of the military dictatorship in 1985. Bolsonaro is standing for re-election for the Liberal Party. His opponent is Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, the Workers’ Party leader who was president for two terms between 2003 and 2010. In the first round of the election, held on 2 October, Lula beat Bolsonaro into second place, but by an unexpectedly narrow margin. He failed to win an overall majority, forcing the two into a run-off election.

Bolsonaro’s record is eye-popping. Under his leadership, the environment has been ravaged as he rolled back legal protections and disparaged Indigenous peoples’ rights. In the Amazon alone, deforestation has nearly doubled since 2018, with yet another increase expected when Brazil’s National Institute for Space Research releases its latest deforestation data in the coming weeks.
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-03388-y

Yeah people, seriously! Vote for science and logic and against fascism! They did it in Brazil, we can beat the right wing pundits here! But that being said, Lula is not getting off easy. There was some ridiculously shady shit going on in the Tropics. You know how we have the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers and III%ers and 1776ers here? Well, Brazil has their own share of far right groups. They have their own organizations like the Federal Highway Police, which while it is a completely stupid name and they are probably not real police, they did cause some real trouble.

Citizens denounced these checkpoints are taking place mainly in the Northeast, a region that has traditionally supported Lula da Silva.

A few hours before the conclusion of the Brazilian runoff on Sunday, democratic social and political forces denounced events that could be hindering the electoral process.

In response to the complaints, the Superior Electoral Court (TSE) asked the Federal Highway Police (PRF) for explanations for carrying out operations that are hindering the free movement of citizens.

TSE President Alexandre de Moraes summoned PRF Director Silvinei Vasques to ask why the police are carrying out checkpoints, despite the fact that the electoral authority expressly prohibited any police action that could hinder the transportation of voters.

The tweet reads, "Using the police, Bolsonaro is preventing people in the Brazilian northeast from being able to vote freely. In other cities, buses full of voters remain stopped in precincts near voting centers."

Through social networks, citizens denounced the checkpoints are taking place mainly in the Northeast, a region that has traditionally supported the Workers' Party presidential candidate Lula da Silva.
https://www.telesurenglish.net/news/Brazilian-Police-Make-Checkpoints-Hindering-Movement-of-Voters-20221030-0011.html

Seriously for all of you thinking what could possibly go wrong in 2024? Don’t think for a minute that what happened in Brazil couldn’t happen here. Trump is that batshit fucking crazy and the GOP will do anything to attain power again. Which is why they’re resorting to extremism. But going forward, we could see absolute chaos in elections around the world if world leaders adopt Trump’s election denying tactics. So thankfully Brazil decided to choose freedom and democracy over fascism and authoritarianism. For now. Let’s hope they don’t come back.

The party of Brazilian far-right President Jair Bolsonaro, recently defeated by former President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, will be the main opposition to Lula when he takes office on Jan. 1, its leader, Valdemar Costa Neto, said on Tuesday.

The right-wing Liberal Party (PL) emerged from elections last month as the largest party in the Brazilian Congress, riding the unexpected rise in support for Bolsonaro, who narrowly lost his re-election bid to Lula.

Bolsonaro will be the party's candidate for president in the next elections in 2026, and will be named the party's honorary president, Costa Neto said.

"Bolsonarismo (his conservative movement) is growing a lot. It's getting bigger than Bolsonaro," he told a news conference.
https://news.yahoo.com/bolsonaros-party-gears-lulas-opposition-180414111.html

[font size="8"]Bedminster LIV Golf Tournament

[br] [/font]
[br]

You know, greed and golf seem to go hand in hand. Golf is a sport by the rich and for the rich. And American golf has roots in racism and elitism going back to the early 19th century. As evidenced by the LIV golf organization that spawned in Saudi Arabia. You know last week I reported on the LIV golf organization and how of course that guy who we unfortunately used to call president, always makes the wrong decision on everything. But before I start playing some of the highlights of the latest atrocity from the Trump camp, let’s talk about the latest horrible thing he did. Of course you know by now that his first wife Ivana Trump died after what the emergency professionals refer to as “blunt force trauma”. But… was it murder? Well, the fact that she’s buried at the first hole on his golf course so he can claim cemetery tax breaks from the state of New Jersey… well, let’s just say that it raises more than a few ethical eyebrows.

Ivana Trump, former President Donald Trump's first wife, was laid to rest this week in a private family plot at Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey.

The New York Post reported photos of a fresh grave with a bouquet of white flowers and a plaque with Ivana Trump's name, birth date, and death date. Ivana died on July 14, in what officials ruled was an accidental death after sustaining blunt impact injuries to her torso in her Upper East Side home. She was 73-years-old.

The grave is in a blocked-off area of the golf club, which a source told the Post was "not too far from the main clubhouse."

"They have a private grassy area. It's just a very discreet piece of granite engraved with her name," the unnamed source told the Post.
https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/ivana-trump-laid-rest-trump-163217580.html

OK… I have many questions here. But I do have to ask the one that’s on everyone’s minds – if your drive hits the gravesite, do you have to play it where it lays? Or do you play through? Of course we’re just a simple comedy show and we don’t have golf experts on hand to answer that question, but we can guess, can’t we? But that said, as we predicted, we figured this tournament was going to be quite the shit show and I even called it out last week. But we didn’t anticipate this. One day the internet can drive you crazy and the next it does stuff like this.

Thin crowds were reported at the Saudi-backed LIV Golf tournament taking place at former President Donald Trump's New Jersey club this weekend—with tickets reportedly being sold for as little as $1 online.

LIV Golf, which aims to rival the near century-old PGA Tour, has drawn substantial controversy due to it being financed by Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund. The kingdom has faced strong criticism from Democrats and Republicans alike for its documented human rights abuses, and particularly for the grisly murder of Washington Post contributor Jamal Khashoggi at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul in 2018.

While LIV Golf managed to attract some high-profile professional golfers, the PGA Tour barred its members from participating in the competition. Trump, however, embraced the new tournament after the PGA Tour ended its plan to host its championship at his Bedminster club following the events of January 6, 2021.

The New York Times reported Friday that the crowds at the event were "thin and scant at many holes," although it also noted the "easy camaraderie" among the players. Similarly, The Wall Street Journal reported that many holes "had just a smattering of fans as the day progressed" on Friday. The conservative newspaper additionally reported that tickets for the event were being sold for as little as $1 on StubHub.com.
https://www.newsweek.com/liv-golf-tournament-trump-club-sees-thin-crowds-1-tickets-reports-1729410

Thank you Nelson! So this LIV tournament is 100% no joke. And the fact that Trump is siding with the Saudis just because he’s an asshole about it is definitely something that the proverbial alarm needs to be sounded about. But in case you’re wondering – yes it did devolve from being an international golf tournament to being a Trump rally. Because these are the kind of classless assholes that we are dealing with here. And in case you’re wondering if every man has a price, the answer is yes. And the other answer to the question is that Donald Trump’s price is that he can be very easily bought, and the tournament at Bedminster was the selling point.

The former president spent the day surveying allies and former aides about how to wield his endorsement — after announcing an endorsement was coming.

Former President Donald Trump called Republican Senate candidate Eric Schmitt Monday evening, after posting on social media that he would endorse in Missouri’s GOP primary, and told him to look out for an announcement.

“You’ll be happy,” Trump told Schmitt.

What the former president didn’t say, according to two people familiar with the conversation, is that the press release would simultaneously back Schmitt and his rival for the GOP nomination, Eric Greitens. Greitens received a similar call in which Trump congratulated him on the endorsement and made no mention that he also endorsed Schmitt, Missouri’s state attorney general.

Snip

Trump kicked off the private lobbying spree late Monday morning, when he posted on social media that he would be making his endorsement official that day — without mentioning that he apparently had not yet made his final choice. What transpired over the course of the afternoon illustrates the anarchical nature of Trump’s endorsement process. While the much-coveted endorsement is one of Trump’s greatest assets and his chief political weapon, how he decides who gets one is often more improvisational than scripted.
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/02/lobbying-trumps-missouri-endorsement-00049183

Um… no it isn’t. In fact in case you’re wondering, yes, Trump can’t stop helping himself by still thinking that he’s president. So while hosting a tournament from a nation that is known to be hostile to the US, Trump of course wears the presidential seal while out on the golf course. And that of course, spawned an ethics complaint against him. Seriously everything he does is bad. Everything he touches dies. Like what do people see in this man? If they’re cheering on the destruction, it’s probably because they’re destructive and abusive themselves.

Former President Donald Trump‘s New Jersey golf resort is facing a criminal complaint after the presidential seal was spotted on the course that will host the Saudi-backed LIV tournament.

Citizens for Reform and Ethics in Washington (CREW) has filed a Justice Department complaint against Trump National Golf Club Bedminster — site of the controversial Saudi-backed LIV Golf series that has drawn protest from 9/11 families and defiant support from Trump — citing chapter and verse they say shows the club is violating federal law by using the presidential seal on golf tee markers that were spotted in an Instagram post:

Under 18 U.S.C. § 713(a), it is a crime to “knowingly display[] any printed or other likeness of the . . . seal[] of the President . . . of the United States . . . in, or in connection with . . . any building, monument, or stationery . . . for the purpose of conveying, or in a manner reasonably calculated to convey, a false impression of sponsorship or approval by the Government of the United States.”3 Violators face up to six months’ imprisonment and a monetary fine.4 The Attorney General may bring an action to enjoin violations of the statute “pon complaint by any authorized representative of any department or agency of the United States.”5

Here, there is reason to believe that Trump Bedminster is violating § 713(a) by knowingly displaying a likeness of the presidential seal for commercial purposes. As an initial matter, no question has been raised as to the authenticity of the July 5 photograph, which appears to depict Trump Bedminster and was posted to Instagram with the golf club tagged as the location. The Trump Organization has not responded to Forbes’ request for comment on the photograph,6 nor has it publicly denied its authenticity. If Trump Bedminster is in fact displaying the presidential seal as depicted in the photograph, the display would be “in connection with” a “building” (i.e., the Trump National Golf Club Bedminster) within the meaning of § 713(a).

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/criminal-complaint-filed-against-trump-s-saudi-golf-tourney-hosting-resort-after-presidential-seal-spotted-on-course/ar-AA106dFJ?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=fa6ffd178fbe4fe584de21217230d2d9

[font size="8"]We’re All Gonna Die: The Return Of Polio
[br] [/font]
[br]

Hey everyone guess what? We’re all gonna die! Wooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Woooooooooooo!!!! Woooooo. Woo. So how are we all going to die this week? is it climate change? Is it the terrible floods that are coming? Is it war? Famine? Inflation? Well, if you guessed another terrible disease – you are correct! You might be thinking “COME ON!!! We’ve already been through COVID and Monkeypox, what else does Mother Nature have in store for us?”. Well, would you guess that Polio – a disease that we once eradicated, is rearing its’ ugly head again? That’s right – I didn’t have the “return of polio” on my 2022 Apocalypse Bingo card either. But it’s back and it’s all thanks to science denying anti-vaccine nutjobs. You know the same ones you see every day on your Facebook feed telling you that COVID is a hoax and that the vaccine doesn’t work. Those people.

In the 1950s, the United States experienced a large outbreak of poliomyelitis (polio) — a viral infection causing paralysis, breathing issues, and possibly death. At the peak of the outbreak in 1952, there were about 20,000 casesTrusted Source of polio in the country.

In 1955, the first polio vaccineTrusted Source — known as the trivalent inactivated poliovirus vaccine (IPV) — became available. Widespread vaccination helped lower the number of polio casesTrusted Source each year in the U.S. to less than 100 in the 1960s and less than 10 in the 1970s.

All U.S. states currently require children to receive polio vaccinations to attend elementary school and child care.

Since 1979Trusted Source, no cases of polio have reportedly originated in the U.S., although some cases have occasionally occurred due to the virus spreading through international travel.
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/why-polio-has-reemerged-and-how-to-stay-safe-experts-advise#First-polio-case-in-the-U.S.-in-almost-a-decade

Oh calm down dude, we’re not gonna die. At least not yet. And in case you’re wondering – it’s worse than you think. It’s not just one case. There might be hundreds out there. Because scientists are working to use wastewater treatment to detect potential disease spread. That’s right the same methods they used to find COVID 19, our old friend that has been wreaking havoc the last two years, to find new cases of polio. And there might be way more than just a case or two now. But thanks to anti-vaxxers, a whole number of diseases that were once eradicated or thought to be extinguished are rearing their ugly heads again and it’s gonna get ugly.

U.K. health authorities have said they are urgently investigating a rare polio virus discovery in sewage samples in London, potentially putting Britain’s polio-free status at risk for the first time in almost two decades.

A number of waste samples from the Beckton sewage treatment works in Newham, east London tested positive for vaccine-derived polio virus between February and May, the U.K. Health Security Agency said Wednesday.

The virus has since continued to evolve and is now classified as a “vaccine-derived” polio virus type 2, the UKHSA said, adding that it is looking to establish if any community transmission is occurring.

The agency has declared a national incident and informed the World Health Organization of the situation.
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/22/ukhsa-detects-polio-virus-in-london-sewage-declares-national-incident.html

Clean that up. Yeah so here we go again. We’re out of the frying pan and into the fire. Again. After COVID and Monkeypox. Now we have the resurgence of polio to deal with. At least be glad we have people like Bill Gates to help guide us through what we should do if this were to ever happen again. Oh wait that’s right – the MAGAs wont listen to him and have threatened to murder him. Which is once again the reason why we can’t have nice things. So what’s to stop polio from causing a pandemic the way that COVID has and Monkeypox could? Well there’s a number of factors.

Polio just came back to the U.S. after disappearing for a decade this summer. It looks like it’s still on the move.

A disease that once sparked widespread panic before being eradicated by vaccines, authorities
discovered polio in the wastewater in two New York state counties in July and August.

“For every one case of paralytic polio observed, there may be hundreds of other people infected,” State Health Commissioner Dr. Mary T. Bassett said in a statement last week. “Coupled with the latest wastewater findings, the Department is treating the single case of polio as just the tip of the iceberg of much greater potential spread.”

The discovery of the virus on U.S. soil prompted a warning from billionaire Microsoft co-founder and philanthropist Bill Gates that the disease should still be considered a danger—to everyone.
https://fortune.com/2022/08/10/polio-found-london-wastewater-vaccines-children-new-york-bill-gates/

So how did this happen? I wish I could say that it was anti-vaxxers that caused this but you know it’s a lot more complex than that. But even the best vaccines only have immunity for so long. There’s nothing definite about anything. Of course, once again the MAGAs don’t understand that. And they also don’t understand the concept of “public health” either. Instead they only hear what they want to hear and they only think that there’s one guy dictating public policy for thousands of organizations and groups, but they’re wrong. Don’t worry, when the shit hits the fan, we’ll be there!

A case of polio has been detected in New York, the first instance of the virus in almost a decade.

The case was confirmed in a resident of Rockland County, about 36 miles north of New York City, the first case since 2013, according to the state and county health departments.

The patient is no longer considered contagious, the AP reports, but has developed paralysis. The patient was unvaccinated, the CDC reports.

Tests run by the state health department's lab, and confirmed by the CDC, showed that the patient had contracted a strain of polio likely derived from an oral polio vaccine, which are no longer administered in the U.S.
https://www.npr.org/2022/07/21/1112802233/polio-case-new-york-live-vaccine

[font size="8"]Holy Shit: Reviewing “God Forbid”
[br] [/font]
[br]

Let’s give the wheel a good strong spin shall we? And it lands on… come on… wait for it… STOP! It lands on – another Clip Without Context!

Of course they were, Mike. I know a place you can go with a nice padded cell and they give you a straight jacket for warmth. Come on, spin it again! Hey, it’s time for Holy Shit!

Gather around my fair brothers and sisters! It’s time to take a seat in the pew and pass the collection plate, for the Holy Church Of The Top 10 has convened and it’s time to remind you that the holiest among us are the most full of:

My fair congregation! Please be seated! You know we’ve been talking about a lot of extremely dark stuff in the last couple of weeks. But we’re in Hawaii this week and I decided that we need to take a week off and have some fun going down memory lane! Because I was watching the Hulu documentary called “God Forbid” about the Jerry Falwell Jr. Liberty University pool boy scandal. And like any good scandal, there’s multiple layers to it. Add even worse that it happened while their favorite president was in power and they were servicing his every move. I’m of course talking about the unholy, ungodly Dark One and you know who he is, a man so foul, so depraved and disgusting that his name dare not be spoken in my church! But if there’s one thing I love, it’s a good story about Liberty University, because as we’ve often discussed, that “school” is nothing more than a front for a right wing political organization. Like most churches are these days.

You might well recall the basic elements of the salacious scandal that toppled Jerry Falwell Jr.’s reign as arguably the most powerful evangelical in the country, with Falwell and his wife Becki getting involved in some sort of ongoing “throuple” relationship with a Miami pool boy. But as we’re reminded in the wildly entertaining Hulu documentary “God Forbid: The Sex Scandal That Brought Down a Dynasty,” there was a whole lot more to the story.

The skilled and versatile veteran director Billy Corben is a native of South Florida and he has consistently mined his home state for fast-paced, visually “popping” films that often play like non-fiction versions of Scorsese’s work, from the “Cocaine Cowboys” docs to “The U” and “The U Part 2” on ESPN to last year’s “537 Votes,” which revisited the 2000 U.S. president election in Florida. With “God Forbid,” Corben serves up a neon potpourri of slick visuals, quick cuts, clever re-creation techniques, needle drops such as “Jesus Piece” by The Game, the use of archival footage and sit-down interviews to tell the incredible but true story of one of the most stunning sex/religious/political scandals in of this century. (And let’s face it, that’s saying a lot.)

“God Forbid” kicks off in March of 2012 and the party scene at the Fontainebleau hotel in Miami Beach, where one Giancarlo Granda, just 20 years old, was working as a pool attendant when he saw a woman in her 40s not only giving him the eye but snapping pictures of him on her cell phone. “She was attractive, you know, she was a cougar,” says Granda, who comes across as mostly empathetic albeit naïve in the extensive interview sessions featured in the doc. “She tells me, ‘Don’t waste your time with the younger ones, they don’t know what they’re doing.’ … She makes a proposition, ‘You wanna go back to my hotel room?’ ”
https://chicago.suntimes.com/movies-and-tv/2022/10/31/23431114/god-forbid-review-hulu-jerry-falwell-jr-documentary-becki-giancarlo-granda

Of course we have! But the real scandal there was the pool boy. And it’s true what they say about the people more likely to be the more righteous among us are the ones more likely to commit the most horrifying sex crimes known to man! But I digress, that’s what happens when you only worship GAWD and JAYSUS in name only now, isn’t it? But like most scandals, it gets weirder the more you dig down into it to see the very real stories behind the shock and awe that is presented in the documentary. It is quite insane, that’s all!

Granda was a pool attendant at a Miami hotel when he met Falwell and his wife, Becki, in 2012. Today, he alleges that he was persuaded to have sex with Becki while Falwell watched, and that the pair engaged in an ongoing campaign of communication with him that could be described as coercive. His energies were consumed with managing their tempers and occasionally threatening behavior, and he blames the swirl of scandal around them for derailing his professional future. Plainspoken and only occasionally visibly emotional, Granda is his own best advocate as he describes a couple who, he says, craved his body and were willing to discard the rest of him.

This is a baleful and unfortunate tale; one feels for Granda, who describes his suicidal ideation at one point. But director Billy Corben’s attempts to connect his collision with the boomer-generation Falwells to the broader story of evangelicals in the United States seems at times like a stretch. Sure, Liberty University has been a key landing pad for various Trump-era figures, including the 45th president himself, and Falwell Jr. was a key early endorser. But that mutable morality, the idea that the weight of a purportedly biblically rooted movement has been put behind an ungodly figure, is, first, a somewhat trite point the audience will have picked up elsewhere already. It also demands more time to unspool its historical basis — the question of how we got here — than “God Forbid” provides.
https://variety.com/2022/tv/reviews/god-forbid-hulu-review-1235409557/

Or have sex with pool boys for that matter! But when you’re in a cult, you do more to please “the leader” than you do to actually protect yourself or your loved ones, and the MAGA cult isn’t any different than any of the other radical cults out there. the cult is out to please the Unholy Dark One and hide their many scandals, of which there are plenty to choose from, my fair congregation! And if you love a good political scandal, you should definitely check out God Forbid! And if you’re a pastor going to Liberty University for a weekend, don’t be surprised if your wife hits on the pool boy!

Hulu is exploring the private life of Evangelical Christian leader Jerry Falwell Jr. The streamer has dropped a trailer for “God Forbid: The Sex Scandal That Brought Down a Dynasty,” an upcoming documentary exploring the scandal that lead to Falwell’s fall from grace in his community.

The documentary is built around interviews with Giancarlo Granda, who met Fallwell’s wife Becki as a pool attendant at the Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami Beach and engaged in a years-long affair with her. Granda alleged that the affair occurred with the knowledge and approval of Jerry Falwell, and that he occasionally watched the two have sex, which he has denied.

News of the affair became public in 2020, when Reuters published a story based on Granda’s account. The resulting controversy forced Falwell to resign from his position as president of Liberty University, the Evangelical University established by his father. Since then, it has been reported that both Donald Trump and his then-attorney Michael Cohen assisted in helping Falwell keep the affair a secret.

“As a pool attendant, I’ve been hit on, but if I would have known that accepting this woman’s invitation to go back to her hotel room would have lead to a scandal involving the president of the largest Christian university in the world and the president of the United States, I would have walked away and just enjoyed my private life,” Granda said in the trailer.
https://www.indiewire.com/2022/10/god-forbid-sex-scandal-hulu-trailer-1234771957/

Yeah… think about it! But if there’s one thing that we’ve learned in the 5 years that we’ve been doing this, is that if you can’t beat ‘em, then sue the shit of them! That’s what the unholy Dark One does and he does it to everybody so dares looks at him funny! Of course that’s what happens when you sell your soul to SAYTAN! But the pool boy is doing his best to make sure that nobody sees God Forbid, because otherwise his reputation might be damaged. Excuse me? His reputation was already damaged quite a long time ago!

A lawsuit filed in Miami seeks to block Hulu from airing Billy Corben’s new documentary on the Jerry Falwell Jr. sex scandal, with one of the men involved in the saga suing over audio recordings he said were made without his knowledge.

Gordon Bello is a former friend of Giancarlo Granda, the young man from Miami branded “the pool boy” in the media storm surrounding his business and personal relationship with Falwell and his wife, Becki, after meeting them as a 20-year-old working at the Fontainebleau resort. The Hulu documentary “God Forbid” includes recordings comedian

Tom Arnold made of Bello talking about his dispute with Falwell and Granda over his alleged piece of a South Beach hotel deal, a falling out that allegedly included threats by Bello over personal photos of Becki Falwell he had obtained.

At one point in 2015, Michael Cohen, then a lawyer for future president Donald Trump, intervened on behalf of the Falwells to negotiate with Bello’s lawyer to keep the photos private.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article268027977.html#storylink=cpy

But these people don’t feel bad about themselves! That’s what happens when you vote for the Dark One, everybody!I might need to go watch this movie again. Mass has ended, may you go in peace!That’s it this week for:

[font size="8"]Beating A Dead Horse: Toxic Fandom
[br] [/font]
[br]

You know since the very beginning of this segment, we’ve stressed time and time again how toxic fandoms can be. The thing is living in the social media age, it’s a great time to be a fan of whatever your favorite franchise is. And right now, it’s also the worst time to be a fan of whatever your favorite franchise is. Doesn’t matter if it’s the Avengers, or Star Wars, or Lord Of The Rings, or Game Of Thrones, or the Walking Dead, or the Simpsons, or hell, whatever your favorite band or TV show is. The problem is that social media has given lunatics a megaphone. And you know when you give a lunatic a megaphone, that nothing good comes from it. Remember when we used to watch movies and shows, or listen to music or read books, and I don’t know, enjoy them? Well, that’s getting increasingly harder to do in the age of extreme fandom. The problem is today’s toxic political climate is trickling down to your favorite programs, movies, music, books, and so on and so forth. Take for instance Lord Of The Rings, legendary franchise and it is attracting some of the worst fans imaginable.

Elijah Wood, Sean Astin and the core cast of Peter Jackson’s “Lord of the Rings” film trilogy are understandably protective of the beloved fantasy property. But they won’t tolerate racism or hatred toward the new generation of Tolkien actors.

Several performers in Amazon’s new series “Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power” have been besieged by hateful comments from viewers who have criticized casting people of color as Elves, Dwarves and Harfoots, among other fictional races. (Most of the roles were created for the show, including the Silvan elf Arondir, played by Ismael Cruz Córdova, and Princess Disa the dwarf, portrayed by Sophia Nomvete, two actors who have been the targets of hateful messaging.)

Cast members have spoken out about the racist comments they’ve received, and now, they have the support of original hobbits Wood, Astin, Dominic Monaghan and Billy Boyd, who played Frodo, Samwise, Merry and Pippin, respectively. All four actors appeared wearing gear that reads, in Elvish, “You all are welcome here,” along with several ears of different characters in a spectrum of skin tones. (Tolkien created various dialects of Elvish for his works.)

The shirts and hats were made by Don Marshall, a TikTok user with more than 590,000 followers who shares “obscure ‘LOTR’ facts.” Earlier this month Marshall, who expressed enthusiasm about the new series and its new characters, asked his fans to help him identify users who left racist comments on his videos, saying he’d blocked around 100 of them already.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/07/entertainment/lord-of-the-rings-stars-criticize-racism-cec/index.html

Sigh… seriously next right winger who uses words like “woke” and “identity politics” is getting slapped upside their heads Three Stooges style. Like seriously those phrases have been beaten into the ground so many times that they’ve lost all meaning. Fuck off with that shit, OK? Franchises evolve with the times and you need to get used to that. Instead of embracing diversity, white wingers attack the person and the idea. Lord Of The Rings wasn’t the only franchise that got the latest round of shit from toxic internet fandom. There’s also the Amazon series The Boys.

Erin Moriarty is calling out the “misogynistic trolling” she has experienced by some fans who watch Amazon’s The Boys. The actor portrays the character of Annie January, Starlight, who has been heavily criticized.

Moriarty took to Instagram where she shared an article titled “#IStandWithStarlight?: The betrayal of Erin Moriarty by The Boys ‘fans’.” The article points out the hate that the character of Starlight receives on social media, which transcends to hurtful comments to Moriarty.

“I do feel silenced. I do feel dehumanized. I do feel paralyzed. I’ve put blood, sweat, and tears into this role (over & over & over again). I’ve grown UP in this character’s shoes (*emphasis on grown up – we change & evolve mentally AND physically),” Moriarty posted on Instagram.

Moriarty thanks @butcherscanary, who wrote the article and added, “this does break my heart – I’ve opened up a vein for this role and the misogynistic trolling is exactly what this role (Annie) would speak out against.”
https://deadline.com/2022/09/the-boys-erin-moriarty-calls-out-misogynistic-trolling-by-fans-1235109753/

OK look, here’s the thing – you can like something, guys! And it must suck to be a beautiful star like Erin Moriarty and have to deal with these sexless losers. That’s why I said earlier that right now it’s the absolute worst time to be a fan of whatever your favorite franchise is. Because the vicious trolls are only getting that much worse. Like it’s OK to not like something. It’s another thing entirely to hate something to the point of wanting to murder the entire cast and crew that made it. Just ask Kellie Marie Tran about that one (see: Top 10 #5-1. Just stop it already!

Whoopi Goldberg is slamming trolls criticizing The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power and House of the Dragon over their casting choices. Some fans on social media have called out the series on Prime Video and HBO for becoming “woke” and showing people of color in the fantasy worlds originally created by J. R. R. Tolkien and George R. R. Martin.

On the premiere episode of The View Season 26, Goldberg put the racist trolls on blast at the “Hot Topics” table.

“I want to start by saying these are not real. OK?” Goldberg started. “The new Lord of the Rings series, The Rings of Power and Game of Thrones prequel House of the Dragon are both massive hits, but they don’t exist in the real world. OK? There are no dragons, there are no hobbits you know, you know that.”

Goldberg added, “Are you telling me Black people can’t be fake people too? I don’t know if there’s a hobbit club, I don’t know if they’re going to protest. But people, what is wrong with y’all?”
https://deadline.com/2022/09/the-view-whoopi-goldberg-blasts-the-rings-of-power-house-of-the-dragon-trolls-racist-backlash-1235109652/

Oh come on, Whoopi! You don’t think the trolls know that already? This is 2022, racist trolling has been a thing for 10 years now. And it’s absolutely 100% a white supremacist movement. But really most internet white wingers like Ben Shapiro think of diversity like an old, old wooden ship from the Civil War era, like Ron Burgundy does. But the good news is that the cast of the new Lord Of The Rings series has united against the vicious white wing trolls that seem to dominate internet discussion these days.

If you've been following our coverage of Neil Gaiman (The Sandman) pushing back on toxic trolls who've been attacking J.D. Payne & Patrick McKay's The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power because of its diverse casting, claiming without a clue that it goes against J.R.R. Tolkien's wishes. Well, that's just a small part of a bigger problem that the trolls have been unleashing upon the series, with cast members going public with their experiences of being abused online by supposed "fans" who apparently can accept anything and everything that goes on in a fantasy series except the idea of a woman or an actor of color actually starring in one. Now, the cast of the streaming series is letting everyone know that they're done putting up with it, they won't stand for it, and that they are in "absolute solidarity" when it comes to pushing back on racist, narrow-minded trolling wherever it rears its ugly head. Following that, the statement set the record straight when it comes to the world Tolkien created and how it was intended to reflect the world around us. And then it wraps with a pledge of love and support to the fans, who've made the series successful, despite the abuse they've also had to endure on social media simply for appreciating being represented. Here's a look at the full statement:

Heading into the Prime Video series' two-episode debut, the streaming series was riding an impressive 83% "Fresh" average score on Rotten Tomatoes (RT) with critics. But over on RT, there was a shocking contrast when it came to the audience review, hovering around an average 37% "Rotten" score, resulting in many viewing it as another example of "review bombing." And over on the streamer, Amazon suspended its ratings system for the show, with a source telling The Hollywood Reporter that "reviews are being held 72 hours to help weed out trolls and to ensure each review is legitimate," a policy reportedly instituted earlier this summer for all of Prime Video's shows.
https://bleedingcool.com/tv/lord-of-the-rings-cast-in-absolute-solidarity-against-racist-trolls/

[font size="8"]Conspiracy Corner
[br] [/font]
[br]

From: [link:https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217083034 Idiots #13-5]

Let’s give the wheel a good strong spin, shall we? And it lands on… wait for it… ‘Murica!

Damn I love that movie. I may need to go watch it tonight. Spin it again! And it lands on… Conspiracy Corner!

Welcome back to the segment where we do a deep dive into the craziest of the crazy, Conspiracy Corner! We of course are coming to you live from our underground doomsday shelter deep in the heart of the New Mexico badlands – undisclosed location of course. Let me just adjust my tin foil hat for maximum government interference – ah, there we go! They are trying to read both yours and my thoughts, after all! This week, our old buddy Mike Lindell was back at it again this time with a “life changing 3 day event”. This summit was called the “Moment Of Truth”. Please excuse my editorial laugh for a moment… ha ha ha. But in case you’re wondering – no there absolutely wasn’t anything new being presented here. Well, it was maybe a campaign stop for Marjorie 3 Names, but that was about it. and also in case you were wondering, it’s every bit as batshit off the wall crazy as you could ever possibly imagine. I mean who attends shit like this? Well, you’ll see in a minute.

Mike Lindell, the CEO of MyPillow and a leading election conspiracy theorist, brought out a surprise guest on Sunday morning during his weekend-long "summit" in Springfield: U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene.

The Georgia Republican took the stage on the second day of the event, which brought attendees from across the U.S., most of them from outside Missouri, to the Springfield Expo Center. She lambasted both Democrats, saying their policies are "ruining our country," and fellow Republicans.

"The reason why I came here is I've recently gotten really tired of being told 'Marjorie, don't talk about the election,'" Greene said.

"You have poured money and time you didn't have, of course money you didn't have," she told the crowd. "You have probably lost friends, maybe you lost a job. Maybe you've lost faith at times, but you found it again and you keep fighting."

When Lindell was on stage, he spent most of his time criticizing media coverage about him — lambasting national newspapers like the New York Times as well as local outlets, and TV stations ranging from CNN and Fox News to Newsmax and One America Now. He ticked through a series of articles written about him — the Associated Press reporting that MyPillow had been removed from stores due to his conspiracies, and a Washington Post photographer snapping a photo of him holding notes on "martial law" while visiting the White House.
https://www.news-leader.com/story/news/politics/elections/2022/08/21/marjorie-taylor-greene-my-pillow-ceo-mike-lindell-moment-truth-summit-election-fraud-springfield-mo/10340151002/

Honestly it’s criminally insane and downright frightening that they actually had plans to impose martial law in the US on that day to carry out some bizarre Q fantasies. Like do these morons not know what imposing martial law would actually entitle? Ah, who am I kidding? Of course they don’t! Although the one thing I am absolutely loving about this whole endeavor is that these guys are going broke attempting to prove something that they cannot prove. Whether it’s that or Dinesh D’Souza’s incredibly insane “documentary” 2000 Mules, just keep blowing your money, guys! You know this falls under the classic saying of “play stupid games, win stupid prizes”!

The MyPillow chief executive, Mike Lindell, a fervent Donald Trump ally, says he has poured $35-40m into a wide crusade – a wave of lawsuits to get rid of voting machines that he faults for Trump’s defeat, a new movie about voting fraud, and a hefty legal stable – to promote charges that the 2020 election was riddled with fraud, despite a flood of contrary evidence.

In his frenetic quest to dispense with electronic voting equipment that he has often charged is defective, Lindell is hosting a two-day “Moment of Truth” summit on 20 and 21 August in Missouri, that he expects will draw 200 federal and state officials and staff, as well as hundreds of representatives from groups nationwide who have investigated alleged election fraud this year and in 2020.

On a related front to boost his cause, a small segment of the summit will feature 10 conservative sheriffs who have become increasingly active in fighting purported election fraud, who Lindell told the Guardian he invited so they would have “a platform to get their voices heard”.

One leading voice is slated to be the former Arizona sheriff Richard Mack, who runs the rightwing Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association (CSPOA). The organization hosted a July meeting in Las Vegas that Lindell attended and publicized via a TV operation he owns, and has taken the unorthodox step of making monitoring election fraud its top priority, which Mack has dubbed a “holy cause”.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/aug/04/mypillow-mike-lindell-trump-big-lie-election-fraud

People who attend things like this are the reason why we can’t have nice things. But speaking of not being able to have nice things, one of Lindell’s close associates – fellow election denier Tina Peters, who you remember from that insane Cyber Ninjas recall from last year, couldn’t travel to Missouri to be at the event. And also too, this makes us question whether Marjorie Three Names should be under an indictment from the Congressional Ethics Committee for attending this event. But nevertheless, this is where things get weird.

Tina Peters, embattled Mesa County Clerk & Recorder and former Secretary of State candidate, has been denied travel to a summit by District Attorney Dan Rubinstein.

As the defendant of an ongoing criminal trial, Peters is required by law to submit a request to travel out of state to the district court. Peters had previously ignored this bond requirement, resulting in a warrant being issued for her arrest that was later quashed.

According to documents from the DA, Peters sought permission to travel to Springfield, Missouri, to attend the Moment of Truth Summit. The documents state that Peters took part in a documentary film celebrating the 2020 election theft conspiracy theory and the actions she took during the election that ultimately resulted in Peters being in hot water with the law.

The documents state that Peters was seeking to attend the summit because it was “necessary to further her business interests,” but points out that Peters is still drawing a salary of $93,000 annually.

Additionally, the document states that, “In summary, Ms. Peters is seeking permission to leave the state so that she can be celebrated as a hero for the conduct that a grand jury has indicted her for, and claims this is necessary to further her business interests, at a time where she continues to draw a substantial salary as the elected Clerk and Recorder, while doing no work for the county who is paying her.”
https://www.nbc11news.com/2022/08/17/da-denies-tina-peters-travel-request-states-that-this-may-be-most-offensive-travel-request-undersigned-has-seen/

But you know what? I say let ‘em blow their money. You know what PT Barnum said about a fool and his money. Or maybe take George Carlin’s advice and put two things together that nobody has ever seen before and people will be lining up to buy it. Like Trump being the most patriotic patriot who’s ever patrioted. By the way in case you were wondering – yes, it was very poorly attended. A whopping 28 people watched the live stream. Does that mean that people are finally getting bored with Trump’s schtick? We can only hope! You can only listen to the same group of idiots pretend to run a country before you get bored.

The first day of a three-day symposium on 2020 election conspiracies presented by MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell began on Saturday in Springfield. Several hundred people flocked to the Springfield Expo Center to hear Lindell speak. Lindell is a supporter of former President Donald Trump who has gained notoriety across the country for his persistent claims of election fraud. These allegations were refuted by election officials all around the nation, and he was penalised for filing “frivolous” lawsuits against election system vendors. Since before the event’s specifics were made public, Lindell has proclaimed it to be his most significant to date. Earlier, he referred to it as “the most significant event of our lifetimes.” He claimed invitations were extended to “grassroots” people and organisations around the nation, and the weekend’s events are being

Speakers who joined Lindell on stage Saturday morning included Dr. Douglas Frank, an Ohio math teacher who has risen to prominence from speaking throughout the country about the 2020 election and false claims of it being stolen. He spoke earlier this year under the rotunda of the Missouri State Capitol.

Jenna Ellis, a former Trump campaign attorney, also spoke alongside Lindell. Ellis this week was ordered to travel to Georgia to testify in front of a grand jury investigating former President Donald Trump and his allies’ roles in influencing the 2020 election.

“According to the leftist media, because I have a subpoena for one day, I can’t be here,” Ellis said. “Like I’m on house arrest or something.”
https://www.bollyinside.com/news/moment-of-truth-summit-with-mike-lindell-kicks-off-in-springfield-missouri

[font size="8"]I Need A Drink: Terrifyer 2
[br] [/font]
[br]

Hey everyone let’s do one of our patented Clips Without Context!

Dude, are you for real? My local baseball team is called the Angels. And they’re a train wreck. What makes you think you’re going to find Angels in every precinct? We don’t even have Angels in the Outfield! Terrible movie, but I’ve been waiting a week to use that joke! OK moving on…

Hey everyone, I don’t know about you but I could really use a drink!

So of course you know by now that the purpose of this segment is that we have some drinks, and why we are drinking we talk about anything in the news as long as it doesn’t relate to politics! Doesn’t matter what you drink – even sober people, we got ya covered! But just let’s talk about literally anything but politics, because there’s a lot of dark shit in the news and this place is a safe space from it! This week, since it was Halloween, naturally we’re going to talk about horror movies. And one horror movie has captivated audiences across the country in an otherwise dry spell for movies right now while we wait for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. So tell me bartender, what goes well with a story about creepy clown movies? What’s in that? You just drink it while you play circus music? Eh, since we’re in Mexico I’ll drink some tequila shots! Anejo, please! The good shit! Well, anyway a low budget clown movie has drawn in audiences everywhere and is actually single-handedly rejuvenating box offices around the country and maybe even around the world. It’s called Terrifier 2. And if you haven’t seen the first one – don’t worry, most of us haven’t. And if you’ve heard of this movie, it’s because it’s in the news right now for a very insane reason.

Have you heard of the movie that’s so disturbingly stomach-churning, so horrifyingly gruesome, it’s allegedly causing some audience members to vomit, faint and even need to get carried out of movie theaters?

That very question (the movie, by the way, is “Terrifier 2”) is inspiring horror fiends and skeptics to go to their local cinemas in droves to assess the hype for themselves. The ultra-gory, micro-budget slasher film has overcome relative obscurity to defy the odds and emerge as one of the unlikeliest box office successes of the season. “Terrifier 2” — and no, you don’t need to watch the original movie first — has landed in the top 10 in recent weeks on its path to generating a scary-good $7.73 million in domestic ticket sales. And it’s achieved those returns without a major movie star on the marquee and hardly any promotion.

“This is where word-of-mouth becomes more important than any paid advertisement,” says Jeff Bock, an analyst with Exhibitor Relations. “When the target audience hears ‘vomit-o-rama’ — that’s worth the price of admission.”
https://variety.com/2022/film/box-office/terrifier-2-box-office-success-1235417905/

Oh yeah keep ‘em coming! See that, Hollywood? Look, we’ve been in a major pandemic, we haven’t been able to go to movies for two years. While your billion dollar franchises are really the only thing drawing people to theaters, people are clamoring for something different! So naturally when they hear the words “vomit-o-rama”, why are they not going to buy tickets to that? Although to be fair, if I’m going to see a movie advertised as “vomit-o-rama”, I’d seriously hate to be the guy who has to clean up that theater afterwards! And in case you’re wondering, yes, even the deleted scenes are exactly as disturbing as described!

Terrifier 2 has been one of the year's sleeper hits. Sure, its box office takings might be humble compared to the big superhero blockbusters, but the film was made on a very small budget and has made millions off the back of strong word of mouth.

Specifically, the film has received a ton of buzz for its violence and gore, with reports of people vomiting and fainting from the visuals.

While director Damien Leone wanted to push the boundaries of horror movies, there were a few things even he decided were a bit too much to include.

"Art the Clown likes to play with people’s entrails," Leone told Variety. "There’s the scene where he cuts off a man’s penis. He could have taken it further.

"We had conversations of things he could do once he took the guy’s penis off. We explored those and joked about it, but then we said, 'No, that’s way too far. That’s too distasteful'."
https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a41816319/terrifier-2-distasteful-scrapped-scene/

Oh yeah sure, a scene about a creepy clown playing with someone’s intestine has to draw the line somewhere! But here’s where it gets intense! In fact it gets so intense that I need another shot to explain it, my fair audience! Terrifier 2 is so violent and disturbing that other governments around the world are warning potential viewers what they’re in store for. Does that mean that we need a parental advisory warning for this segment? Oh sure we do, but it’s too late for that! Not too late for the Australian government to warn their viewers what they’re getting into!
The Australian film classification board has issued a warning about the ultraviolent horror flick Terrifier 2 - a movie so gory it has made cinemagoers collapse and vomit in theatres across America.

Terrifier 2, directed by Damien Leone, was approved for theatrical release with an R 18+ rating for 'high impact violence, blood and gore' and hit cinemas last Friday just in time for Halloween weekend.

A notice on the website of the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development, Communications and the Arts includes a detailed summary of the film's extreme content, warning it is not for the faint of heart.

'The film features a series of sadistic and gory murders perpetrated by an evil clown,' the notice reads in part.

'In some scenes, the clown eats pieces of flesh and internal organs of his victims.

'The film features a series of murders that include copious amounts of blood and graphic injury detail such as mutilation, decapitation and dismemberment.'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11371329/Terrifier-2-Australian-government-issues-warning-ultraviolent-horror-film.html

So you’d better watch out when this vomit-a-palooza comes to your local theater. In fact unless you’re curious you should probably not stick around, or see a movie in the adjacent theater. Yes, projectile vomiting does tend to have splash back! But the good news for the fans of this new franchise – there’s sequel potential! That’s right because of course what horror movie wouldn’t have a franchise if you can’t sequelize it? I mean come on, there’s 15 different Halloween movies. There’s a new Scream movie like every other year. Not to mention Child’s Play. Nightmare On Elm Street. Saw. The Purge. Now we can add creepy clowns to that ridiculously long list!

The director of clown slasher movie sensation Terrifier 2 has more gory adventures in the works for audiences.

On Friday, Damien Leone — who made the indie horror sequel for less than $250,000 — told Variety that the series' villain, Art the Clown, will continue on after the success of the sequel to 2016's Terrifier.

"I had a 'Part 3' in mind when writing 'Part 2,' " Damien Leone told Variety. "There are so many questions brought up in 'Part 2' that are not answered, and that was part of the design because I know I'm going into a 'Part 3.' "

Leone said that he "pretty much" has an entire story treatment already written for a third Terrifier movie, but he noted that "it's getting so big that it could potentially split into a 'Part 4,' " because he does not want to make another long slasher film — Terrifier 2 runs two hours and 18 minutes.

"So we'll see," Leone said in the interview. "My fear is that eventually the well is gonna run dry, we're gonna wind up jumping the shark, there will be nothing left to say with this character. It happens with a lot of franchises that I'm still a huge fan of."
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/terrifier-2-director-says-could-180445344.html

[font size="8"]World Tour 2022 Destination #12 - Egypt
[br] [/font]
[br]

Part of our mission statement here at the Top 10 Conservative Idiots is that we view conservative idiocy not just as a uniquely American problem. No, it’s a global problem and conservatives are ruining everything they touch all around the world. Which is why we present to you:

[font size="4"]Destination #12: Egypt [/font]

Welcome to Africa everybody! We’ve officially left Europe and now we’re heading to Africa and the Middle East! When I said this was a World Tour, I definitely meant it! Egypt is unfortunately our only Africa destination for this tour, but they are a new destination that we did not cover in 2017! Egypt as you know is home to one of the wonders of the world – the Great Pyramids Of Giza! As well as the mysterious Sphynx monument. But Egypt is more than the land of Pharaohs and King Tut. It’s home to one of the world’s top gambling destinations, Sharm El’ Sheikh, which sits at the top of the world famous Suez Canal. It’s also home to the Nile River and the Valley Of The Kings, where King Tut was discovered. But what else is Egypt the home of? Well it could be the home of the world’s first multi-nation World Cup if this unprecedented 3-nation deal takes place.

Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Greece 'will proceed' with their extraordinary bid to host the 2030 FIFA World Cup.

The governments of all three countries have given the green light to push on with the application process for what would be the second winter staging of the World Cup after Qatar this year.

Most of the costs will be borne by the Saudis, with the majority of matches staged in their country.

Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman has sent the joint nomination file to a company in the United States for 'processing', according to Greek website TO10.

Previous reports have suggested a Egypt-Greece-Saudi finals would be staged during the European domestic season because temperatures in June and July in the host countries would be too high.

Saudi Arabia would be the lead partner and at least contribute to the infrastructure costs of Egypt and Greece.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-11330931/World-Cup-Saudi-Arabia-Egypt-Greece-proceed-2030-bid.html

I’m not sure how I feel about this because on one hand, it would be cool to see three drastically different nations come together. But on the other hand – we all know that the Saudis are evil and out for power and money, that we know is true. But speaking of being evil, Egypt is not exactly a country that is OK with people having rights. Other than of course wealthy males. They get all the rights. The rest of us? Eh, we can all go rot. But really I swear this planet is inching closer and closer to the world envisioned in the flick Elysium – the rich will live on their own plane of existence, while the rest of us fight for what’s left of the scraps.

Egypt has missed out on an additional $75 million in American military aid after a senior Democratic U.S. senator blocked the funding over concerns about Cairo's human rights record including holding political prisoners.

Senator Patrick Leahy, chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee, rejected an assessment offered by the U.S. State Department to justify the aid, which was subject to conditions under a law passed by Congress last year. The committee has jurisdiction over spending legislation including U.S. financial assistance for Egypt.

"We should take this law very seriously, because the situation facing political prisoners in Egypt is deplorable," Leahy told Reuters in a statement.

"We can't give short shrift to the law because of other policy considerations. We all have a responsibility to uphold the law and to defend the due process rights of the accused, whether here or in Egypt," Leahy said.

The conditions set by Congress require Egypt to make "clear and consistent progress" in releasing political prisoners and providing detainees with due process of law.
https://www.reuters.com/world/africa/senator-blocks-75-million-us-military-aid-egypt-over-rights-concerns-2022-10-17/

Oh wait that one was meant for Saudi Arabia. But still, the Islamic middle eastern countries have a terrible track record when it comes to human rights,. But there is good news on the diplomacy scene, you know how we always say that when nations like each other, they help each other out. As is the case with two very unlikely partners – Egypt and South Korea. Think of this like Tom Brady being on the same team with Aaron Rodgers – it’s something that’s very unlikely to happen but stranger things have happened, you know.

Egypt and South Korea are now at the stage of the best government-to-government cooperation of all time since the establishment of the Comprehensive Cooperative Partnership in 2016, when President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi paid an official visit to Korea, according to South Korea Ambassador to Cairo Hong-Jin-Wook.

He stressed that the support from each country’s people is crucial for two countries to sustain the excellent relations.

His remarks came during a reception hosted by him at his residence on Monday in commemoration of Korean National Day (3 October) and Armed Forces Day (1 October) of 2022, which also marks the 27th anniversary of Egypt-Korea diplomatic relations.

More than 650 friends of Korea — including Egyptian government officials, businessmen, journalists, and citizens — and Koreans in Egypt joined the reception and witnessed how Egyptian-Korean relations have developed on all levels.
https://dailynewsegypt.com/2022/10/18/egypt-south-korea-experiencing-their-best-government-to-government-cooperation-of-all-time-ambassador/

Maybe you could do without the “douchebag” part. Although one thing ever since Russia decided to illegally take over Ukraine in a hostile takeover, we’re feeling the pinch around the world. And since Egypt is a country that is way closer to Ukraine than we are, they’re feeling the pinch just as much as we are. Though if you’re the economic minister of Egypt, is this really your plan? To rally local business when your problem is the lack of foreign currency? That would be kind of like the Fed tapping that guy who sells oranges on the side of the freeway for advice about how to handle Elon Musk. They’re just… after all, one guy.

The shortage of foreign currency has hit local manufacturers hard and led to a months-long backlog of goods warehoused at ports across the country waiting for banks to pay their value in dollars to secure their release.

Authorities have recently dimmed the lights on streets and in government buildings throughout Cairo to save energy and make more liquefied gas available for export to earn foreign currency.

Egypt is already exporting $600 million worth of gas to Europe every month, according to Finance Minister Mohamed Maait. The government plans to increase that to $1bn next year, he said.

Mr El Sisi’s Tuesday meeting with Egyptian businessmen and investors came amid persistent speculation the state has taken an outsized role in the economy, using a wide range of privileges to push out private investors.
https://www.thenationalnews.com/mena/egypt/2022/10/19/egypt-needs-you-el-sisi-tells-local-businessmen-in-call-for-economic-assistance/

[font size="4"]Scorecard: [/font]

Tourism: C-
Culture: B
Political Spectrum: D
Liberal Appeal: D-

Overall: D-

Change from 2017: Egypt is a new destination we have not yet covered, but from what we’ve seen, if you’re thinking about visiting the Pyramids, you might want to reconsider.

[font size="4"]Next Week: [/font]

We’re taking a short break next week (schedule got screwed up) but when we come back on 11/3, we’re heading to the land of Hinduism and Bollywood – India!

[font size="4"]And Now This: [/font]
[font size="4"]The Mars Volta[/font]

Ladies and gentlemen, playing their song “Graveyard Love” from their album “The Mars Volta”, give up for The Mars Volta!

That’s it for our series of 3 Best Of editions! Next week we’ll be back live from our home in Santa Ana with our first new edition of season 14! Be sure to check our official social media hub [email protected], and [email protected] for updates! See you next week!

Credits

Host: Initech
Top 10 Conservative Idiots Recorded In Front Of A Live Audience At: Riverside Municipal Auditorium, Riverside, CA
The Mars Volta appear courtesy of: Clouds Hill Records
Images: All images copyright belongs to respective copyright holders.
Videos: All videos copyright belongs to respective copyright holders
Articles: All article content copyright belongs to respective copyright holders
Writing: Top 10 Writing Department
Graphics: Top 10 Graphics Department
Research: Top 10 Research Department
Lighting & Stage Props: Top 10 Lighting Department
Legal: Top 10 Legal Department
Advertising: Top 10 Advertising Department
HR: Top 10 Human Resources Department
Initech’s Wardrobe Provided By: JAB Inc.
Wheel Of Corruption By: Studio 1 Stage Props, Burbank, CA
Management: Initech Productions, CCC Management
Follow The Top 10 On Mastodon: [email protected]
Follow The Holy Church Of The Top 10 On Mastodon: ChurchOf
Questions? Comments? Complaints? Hate mail? E-mail The Top 10 at: [email protected]

Initech Productions: Yes, We Got The Memo

0 replies, 274 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Reply to this thread