HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » How to get along with a R...

Mon Nov 28, 2022, 08:18 PM

How to get along with a Republican.

At the pub no less.
Once you ascertain the other parson is sane, I put it simply.

You are GOP, not GQP. Once they agree to that simple point you can get along.
Chances are the true Republican hates what has happened. My friend does.
Now we can get to what we agree on instead of GQP bs.

If you don't separate the two, moving on will be almost impossible.
I found his response to this agreeable and we can discuss many issues.

GOP or DEM. We are all Americans first. GQP? Hell no.

Thoughts?

6 replies, 1067 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply How to get along with a Republican. (Original post)
BidenRocks Nov 2022 OP
mobeau69 Nov 2022 #1
WarGamer Nov 2022 #2
Whiskeytide Nov 2022 #3
Doodley Nov 2022 #4
Quakerfriend Nov 2022 #5
kelly1mm Nov 2022 #6

Response to BidenRocks (Original post)

Mon Nov 28, 2022, 08:27 PM

1. I'm gonna guess "Genny Kush".


Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to BidenRocks (Original post)

Mon Nov 28, 2022, 08:42 PM

2. I know lots of Republicans.

I worked in BioPharma for 20-ish years... worked mostly with MD's, PhD's and other engineers.

Not a sub 150 IQ in the house...

So these GOP'ers might not have been typical GOP'ers.

Their main focus was size and power of the fed gov't and taxes... many are immigrants from countries where people tend to worry about their governments...

We have reasonable discussions and at times I feel like I'm making progress with them... socially they're "live and let live" types so no problems with LGBT, race or such things.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to BidenRocks (Original post)

Mon Nov 28, 2022, 09:01 PM

3. I live, work and play with many republicans. I'm ...

Ö in a very red state. Most of the ones I know well are not Magats. Iíve told myself for years that they just disagree with me on policy issues, and we can usually discuss that and find some common ground.

But they often vote for Magats, and do so without a second thought. Iíve had to do a lot of soul searching over this reality. None of them are Тяцмp supporters. In fact, they almost universally despise him. But they keep voting for the people who enable him. They donít seem to be able to make the connection between a vote for Tuberville and the indirect support that provides for Тяцмp. Or, if they do, they donít seem to care how that plays out.

Itís sad. I like many of them. They have many fine qualities. But itís hard - very hard - to respect them.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to BidenRocks (Original post)

Mon Nov 28, 2022, 09:20 PM

4. In my experience, even the moderate Republican believes in an alternative reality.

Can't get along with them at a deeper level.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to BidenRocks (Original post)

Mon Nov 28, 2022, 09:39 PM

5. Yes, good to first ascertain whether GOP or GQP

But, my problem is that many Ďgoodí GOPers are still only listening to FOX and so are still out of touch with
reality- Itís so damn hard to get through to them!

They just canít see themselves as anything but Republican because they are deeply afraid of losing their wealth & property & of being overrun by immigrants.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to BidenRocks (Original post)

Mon Nov 28, 2022, 11:03 PM

6. I live in a county that regularly votes 80% Republican so most of my friends and

neighbors and people I deal with on a regular basis are Republicans. I would say 75% of them are decent people on a personal level. The other 25% .... woah nelly!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread