HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Went to see TILL this aft...

Sat Nov 5, 2022, 12:47 AM

Went to see TILL this afternoon

Havenít been to the movies since before Covid but I wanted to go..went by myself as I like the movies based on true events. It was a tad long but this had to be told n I thought the emotion of this story came thru like I was there witnessing it. I recommend it

3 replies, 1335 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Went to see TILL this afternoon (Original post)
Deuxcents Nov 5 OP
LisaM Nov 5 #1
malaise Nov 5 #2
MuseRider Nov 5 #3

Response to Deuxcents (Original post)

Sat Nov 5, 2022, 01:42 AM

1. People should be taking their kids to see this.

Maybe it's intense, but when I was hitting adolescence, I read a lot of books that I felt so deeply at the time I doubt that I could summon that much emotion now.

We had a remarkably progressive reading list when I was in sixth grade (A Patch of Blue, 36 Children, The Autobiography of Malcolm X, To Sir, With Love, Black Like Me, and To Kill a Mockingbird), then a year or so later, we read The Diary of Anne Frank. I had skipped a grade, so I was reading some of those books when I was 10.

Meddling parents would probably go after that reading list now, but it shaped me. I was at exactly the right age to be exposed to those books because some of the people in them were around the same age that I was when I read them and so I identified in a way that isn't possible at my age.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Nov 5, 2022, 04:48 AM

2. Yes

I will be going to see Till

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 5, 2022, 08:26 AM

3. I want to see it too

but I may wait until I can see it at home. These days I find myself to be so emotionally fragile. Bawling in the theater is not something I like doing and this story, for my entire, life has made me cry.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread