HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Operatives linked to DeSa...

Thu Sep 22, 2022, 12:28 AM

Operatives linked to DeSantis promised to fly migrants to Delaware -- but left them stranded

Tweet text:

Sarah Blaskey 🏝
@Blaskey_S
·
Follow
BREAKING: DeSantis-linked operation in TX had planned to fly migrants to Delaware yesterday. Then they pulled the plug –– to "punk" the media, the Gov. said –– and 20+ people were left at a hotel. /w @NickNehamas

Venezuelan Luis Oswaldo, 39, who was left stranded at La Quinta after he missed the charter bus, contemplates his future. “They left and that was it. They didn’t give out more food. I have water from the lobby. I’m ‘eating’ water now.” About twenty migrants (mostly men) boarded a charter bus back to the Migrant Resources Center after their flight out of San Antonio, Texas was cancelled on Tuesday, September 20, 2022.
miamiherald.com

Operatives linked to DeSantis promised to fly migrants to Delaware — but left them stranded
A black, luxury SUV with tinted windows pulled into a parking space along the side of a drab, two-story La Quinta motel planted on the northwestern edge of 12 lanes of highway that loop around...
7:03 PM · Sep 21, 2022

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/immigration/article266089771.html

No paywall
https://archive.ph/KTN2R

A black, luxury SUV with tinted windows pulled into a parking space along the side of a drab, two-story La Quinta motel planted on the northwestern edge of 12 lanes of highway that loop around downtown San Antonio.

A woman with straight, light-colored hair got out of the rented Infiniti. She took the outdoor stairs, walked to the far end and knocked on the doors to rooms 243 and 241, where a group of Venezuelan asylum-seekers had spent five anxious days waiting.

She brought them food and a message: They were being sent to Delaware. The bus to the airport would be leaving at 5 a.m. the next day — Tuesday, Sept. 20 — she said, according to interviews with six migrants housed at the hotel.

The migrants didn’t know that they were being swept up in an operation that bore striking similarities to one organized the week before by operatives for Gov. Ron DeSantis that ended with 48 Venezuelan migrants dropped off on a Massachusetts island.

Or that the trip to Delaware being dangled would never happen.

They also didn’t know that an anonymous source close to DeSantis would suggest to NBC News that a planned charter flight from San Antonio to Delaware — that was destined for an airport not far from President Joe Biden’s summer home, according to flight records, and dominated cable news on Tuesday — was canceled without explanation and then used to “punk” journalists and Democrats and keep the “spotlight” on immigration.

*snip*

Monsters.

12 replies, 1971 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Nevilledog (Original post)

Thu Sep 22, 2022, 12:38 AM

1. K n R ! Thanks for posting!

Important stuff! Again!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Sep 22, 2022, 12:40 AM

2. A Republican Douchebag. With money and GOP backing.

Florida's got a lot of problems, but DeSantis knows how to distract the media, the Democrats, and his core rubes.

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 22, 2022, 12:56 AM

3. Who Does This?

What kind of sick, evil people play with other people’s lives like this? Even worse, it will probably improve DeSantis’ election chances.

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 22, 2022, 12:57 AM

4. The flight was canceled because people were prepared to meet and take care of the migrants.

He didn’t feel like sending them if he could make somebody look embarrassed. They would’ve been taken care of just fine here in Delaware and that airport is not anywhere near Rehoboth. We are used to immigrants here in the north eastern states. They don’t freak us out at all

Reply to this post

Response to Walleye (Reply #4)

Thu Sep 22, 2022, 01:43 AM

5. They probably worried that their plane would be seized and

The crew arrested. I think this little stunt is over. No more migrant flights, just my opinion.

Reply to this post

Response to Meadowoak (Reply #5)

Thu Sep 22, 2022, 03:07 AM

7. Agreed. There's a sheriff in Texas investigating now too.

DeSantis poached immigrants in Texas, flew them to Florida for some sort of cover I guess, then on to Mass/Del on the people of Florida's funds (hundred of thousands), just to punk the libs?

Sick0.

Hungry eople stranded in middle of nowhere to them, most if not all non-English speaking...who does this and thinks there won't be consequences?

And I thought DeSantis is supposed be a smart version of trump.

Reply to this post

Response to Walleye (Reply #4)

Thu Sep 22, 2022, 03:20 AM

8. Exactly! fat boy ronnie was outed by several savvy internet sleuths so no surprise. Looking like

The total screw up he is!

Reply to this post

Response to PortTack (Reply #8)

Thu Sep 22, 2022, 11:05 AM

11. & now he has to say, "I meant to do that!"

just to look tough. What a dick.

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 22, 2022, 02:58 AM

6. I wish they could be included in the lawsuit.

They're also victims of this fraud. They wasted precious time of their lives based on lies to exploit them for DeSantis and Abbot.

The good news is the gig is up. They can't get away with this crap anymore. As if they'd even try now, they're going to ground in fear of the civil case pending.

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 22, 2022, 10:57 AM

9. Whoever here on DU used "performative cruelty" the other day has it exactly

correct. May all involved receive everything they deserve.

Reply to this post

Response to niyad (Reply #9)

Thu Sep 22, 2022, 11:03 AM

10. I think that term was a headline in an article about DeSantis.

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 22, 2022, 11:11 AM

12. Kick

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread