HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Alex Jones turns on Donal...

Thu Aug 18, 2022, 01:28 AM

Alex Jones turns on Donald Trump and backs Ron DeSantis, a sign that Trump is losing his grip on the

Alex Jones turns on Donald Trump and backs Ron DeSantis, a sign that Trump is losing his grip on the far-right

Far-right conspiracy theorist Alex Jones has thrown his backing behind Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, withdrawing his support for former President Donald Trump.

During an Infowars broadcast this week, Jones declared that he would no longer "pigheadedly" support Trump.

Jones said he disagreed with Trump over Operation Warp Speed the former president's initiative launched in May 2020 to produce COVID-19 vaccines but backed him anyway. He added that he believed Trump needed to be kept in power at the time to prevent the "nightmare scenario" of Joe Biden being elected president.

"That said, I am supporting DeSantis. DeSantis has just gone from being awesome to being unbelievably good," said Jones. The far-right host added that he could see "real sincerity" in DeSantis' eyes when watching footage of the lawmaker.

Read more: https://www.businessinsider.com/far-right-shock-jock-alex-jones-backs-desantis-over-trump-2022-8

7 replies, 1231 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Alex Jones turns on Donald Trump and backs Ron DeSantis, a sign that Trump is losing his grip on the (Original post)
TexasTowelie Aug 18 OP
rso Aug 18 #1
DFW Aug 18 #2
RockRaven Aug 18 #3
Ocelot II Aug 18 #4
SoCalDavidS Aug 18 #5
Haggard Celine Aug 18 #6
SergeStorms Aug 18 #7

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Thu Aug 18, 2022, 01:31 AM

1. Jones

Good, the more the GQP tears itself internally, the better for democrats.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Aug 18, 2022, 01:34 AM

2. If Jones wants to stop being "pig-headed"

First, he needs about four months at a weight-reduction clinic, then some speech therapy followed by some miracle cosmetic surgery.

Barring that, I don't see how he intends to come across as less pig-headed than he does now.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 18, 2022, 01:56 AM

3. Beware the fickleness of Alex. He could say the opposite tomorrow.

He has tried to distance himself of TFG before, only to reverse when he realized the audience wasn't on board with it. He's not operating on secret polling data, he just sending up a trial balloon and might decide he's made a mistake if he gets blowback.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 18, 2022, 02:25 AM

4. The endorsement of Alex Jones is hardly a thing to be proud of, or a boost to one's campaign.

Reply to this post

Response to Ocelot II (Reply #4)

Thu Aug 18, 2022, 02:30 AM

5. It Is To Them

I'm sure DeSatan doesn't mind having his endorsement. It shows him that he's part of their club.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 18, 2022, 03:28 AM

6. Of course he supports DeSantis.

If there's anybody more evil than Trump, it's DeSantis.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 18, 2022, 05:22 AM

7. I'm sure Alex Jones would have seen...

"real sincerity" in Hitler's eyes as well.

I'd hoped after the trials and judgements against him that Jones' vicious lies and conspiracy bullshit would be taken off the air.

No such luck. He continues unabated, stoking fear and rage to his brain-dead listeners.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread