HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Updated hurricane outlook...

Thu Aug 4, 2022, 08:26 PM

Updated hurricane outlook still points to above-normal Atlantic season, NOAA says

https://abcnews.go.com/US/disaster-planning-crucial-hurricane-outlook-points-normal-atlantic/story?id=87924972

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration released a revised hurricane outlook for the rest of the 2022 Atlantic season on Thursday, stating that between 14 and 20 named storms are expected, with up to 10 hurricanes and up to five major hurricanes.

The average number of named storms per year is 14, with the average number of hurricanes clocking in at seven, and an average of three major hurricanes per year, according to NOAA, which continues to point to another above-average hurricane season.

NOAA had predicted up to 21 named storms in its original forecast in May. There have been three so far this season.

4 replies, 459 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Updated hurricane outlook still points to above-normal Atlantic season, NOAA says (Original post)
malaise Aug 4 OP
mitch96 Aug 4 #1
ornotna Aug 4 #2
Hermit-The-Prog Aug 4 #3
summer_in_TX Aug 5 #4

Response to malaise (Original post)

Thu Aug 4, 2022, 10:57 PM

1. Aw crap.. I always pucker around late August and Sept...Run from the water, hide from the wind..nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Aug 4, 2022, 11:07 PM

2. Why are trying to harsh my mellow

With these negative waves?

It was nice while it lasted.
I shall now go into hiding for two months.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 4, 2022, 11:12 PM

3. God said the hurricanes will cease if Republicans march into the sea singing.

Reply to this post

Fri Aug 5, 2022, 12:34 AM

4. Texans are starting to pray for a hurricane

and the rains it could bring.

Triple digit heat almost every day since back in May, exceptional drought, plants shriveling up and turning brown, fires breaking out (one of them about ten miles from my home).

We are so ready for something to change the weather.

Of course here in Central Texas we don't bear the brunt of the hurricanes' destructiveness.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread