HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » For sixty years I have he...

Wed Aug 3, 2022, 10:55 PM

For sixty years I have heard the conservative mantra, "Claiming the 5th means your guilty."

Never a pause and even if you explained or gave a good example why you might want to plead the 5th while still being innocent, they never could understand. But now I wonder, since the new conservative flag is a red 5 on a white field, if they might be able to understand the argument.
Naaa, no way they could understand. They will just accept that if a conservative pleads the 5th it means they are avoiding being a snitch, while if a democrat does it, they are clearly covering up or guilty so guilty either way.

2 replies, 499 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply For sixty years I have heard the conservative mantra, "Claiming the 5th means your guilty." (Original post)
PurgedVoter Aug 3 OP
msongs Aug 3 #1
G2theD Aug 3 #2

Response to PurgedVoter (Original post)

Wed Aug 3, 2022, 10:58 PM

1. and trump says about the fifth...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to PurgedVoter (Original post)

Wed Aug 3, 2022, 11:01 PM

2. The test for the fifth amendment is you think you may "incriminate" yourself if you tell the truth.

While that doesn’t mean you are guilty it seems to show that the witness believes he is.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread