HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » DOJ may have been investi...

Wed Jul 27, 2022, 07:54 AM

DOJ may have been investigating Trump for several months

Marcy Wheeler reports that Alan Feuer, like herself, actually reads court filings, unlike many pundits.

?cxt=HHwWgoCxkdSrxoorAAAA

3 replies, 732 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply DOJ may have been investigating Trump for several months (Original post)
Just_Vote_Dem Jul 27 OP
OneGrassRoot Jul 27 #1
gab13by13 Jul 27 #2
OneGrassRoot Jul 27 #3

Response to Just_Vote_Dem (Original post)

Wed Jul 27, 2022, 08:06 AM

1. I think I understand some DUers now...

There's the camp who dismiss emptywheel and others as having raised their hopes in previous cases, like the Mueller investigation and "Fitzmas."

I don't think people like emptywheel are guaranteeing indictments but rather sharing what is actively happening, as much as they can discern from things like court filings. They share things that show there is SOMETHING happening. What the end result will be, they/we don't know.

So, maybe some DUers are now appeased that, yes, it seems apparent the DOJ has a criminal investigation of Trump underway, and most of us now can hope that it leads to a conviction and actual consequences. This group won't chime in for now that Garland and the DOJ are doing nothing.

Another group of DUers won't be appeased to know that an investigation is underway. They will only be satisfied with a conviction and perp walk, which is fair. We all want that. Until then, they will continue to decry any evidence of progress as not enough and that Garland and the DOJ have failed us. In fact, if an indictment and conviction do manifest, they'll likely say it's too late. I hope they're wrong.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to OneGrassRoot (Reply #1)

Wed Jul 27, 2022, 08:50 AM

2. I never called out to lock him up,

I only wanted investigations. It appears that DOJ has been investigating Trump since at least April.

It is a BFD that everyone knows that DOJ is investigating Trump. It sends a message to the Magats in the states who are thinking about rat fucking the 2022 election. It would be nice to get some indictments before the November election, especially dirt on Mastriano who is on the ballot.

The investigation into Meadows is huge, Meadows was the middle man, relaying messages to and from Trump. DOJ has Meadows call logs. Meadows, most likely, has more evidence against him than Trump since Meadows did Trump's dirty work. Meadows should consider flipping on Trump.

Reply to this post

Response to gab13by13 (Reply #2)

Wed Jul 27, 2022, 08:56 AM

3. Well said...

I agree with this as well.

That's a good perspective. Rather than people fearing Trumpers starting a civil war, consider knowing a criminal investigation is underway being a deterrent for more criminality for some would-be traitors.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread