HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » This is how you can take ...

Sat Jun 25, 2022, 08:08 PM

This is how you can take action NOW

Write to your Senators: https://www.senate.gov/senators/senators-contact.htm

Here's an example letter:

I'm writing (or calling) today because Iím outraged by the Supreme Courtís decision to ignore settled law and overturn Roe v. Wade. I demand Senator YOUR SENATOR support a filibuster carve-out for abortion access and pass H.R. 3755, Womenís Health Protection Act. The Senate must act swiftly to ensure pregnant women have continued access to abortion healthcare.

Codifying abortion access through federal legislation is one of our last options to protect pregnant women. Last September, the House passed the Womenís Health Protection Act (H.R. 3755), which creates legal protections for both abortion providers and abortion care patients at the federal level. The bill safeguards access to abortion nationwide by preventing restrictions such as six-week bans, mandatory delay periods, biased anti-choice abortion counseling, and medically unnecessary ultrasounds.

It is now time for the Senate to act. Nobody should face forced birth. The rights to privacy and bodily autonomy are fundamental in a free and fair society. I demand that Senator YOUR SENATOR supports and immediately passes a filibuster carve-out and H.R. 3755.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

7 replies, 629 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply This is how you can take action NOW (Original post)
Novara Jun 2022 OP
perfessor Jun 2022 #1
Novara Jun 2022 #2
H2O Man Jun 2022 #4
old guy Jun 2022 #5
luv2fly Jun 2022 #6
H2O Man Jun 2022 #3
Novara Jun 2022 #7

Response to Novara (Original post)

Sat Jun 25, 2022, 08:20 PM

1. Couldn't hurt. But

It wonít do jack until we have fifty democrats in the senate.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to perfessor (Reply #1)

Sat Jun 25, 2022, 08:57 PM

2. Better than standing around with your thumb up your ass complaining

All I see is a lot of bitching and moaning and very little suggestions for taking action.

Trying and getting nowhere is better than just complaining in my book. At least you can say you tried.

Reply to this post

Response to Novara (Reply #2)

Sat Jun 25, 2022, 09:00 PM

4. +1

We do not benefit from bringing forth our inner-Eeyores.

Reply to this post

Response to Novara (Reply #2)

Sat Jun 25, 2022, 10:35 PM

5. Well, actually sending that letter to Tammy Baldwin is not necessary as she has done what she can.

Sending it to Ron Johnson is the same thing as sticking my thumb up my ass but thanks for your concern.

Reply to this post

Response to old guy (Reply #5)

Sat Jun 25, 2022, 10:44 PM

6. Can't tell you how many emails and letters I've sent Ron Johnson

I don't get a reply to most, but every now and then I do and it's always the same talking points drivel. I'm never wasting another moment trying to communicate with that man.

Reply to this post

Sat Jun 25, 2022, 08:59 PM

3. Recommended.

Thank you for this!

Reply to this post

Sun Jun 26, 2022, 08:33 AM

7. Honestly people? Your attitudes piss me right the fuck off.

So you won't try because it won't do any good, which is exactly the same thing you accuse your congresspeople of doing - not even bothering to try.

Send a letter to Pelosi, then. Send one to Schumer. DO SOMETHING. Wake up, the house is on fire, man.

My senators and my rep are all - thankfully - Democrats. It NEVER stops me from telling them what I expect from them even though I know we're on the same page. They work for me, dammit, and they need to be reminded that they work for me. Additionally, when they do good things, I call their offices to say thank you.

Do you know that every call, every email gets logged?

Why is it so hard to do this? It's a phone call. It's an email. But you'd rather sit and complain. And then when it all falls apart, you complain some more. Meanwhile, you never said a peep to the people who can do something.

THIS IS WHAT DEMOCRACY IS ALL ABOUT, PEOPLE. Participating in YOUR government. They work for YOU. Remind them.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread