HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » 'There Is Nowhere I Feel ...

Wed Jun 22, 2022, 09:26 PM

'There Is Nowhere I Feel Safe': Election Officials Describe Threats Fueled by Trump

WASHINGTON — Rusty Bowers, the Republican speaker of Arizona’s House, braced every weekend for hordes of Trump supporters, some with weapons, who swarmed his home and blared videos that called him a pedophile.

“We had a daughter who was gravely ill, who was upset by what was happening outside,” he said. She died not long after, in late January 2021.

Gabriel Sterling, a top state election official in Georgia, recalled receiving an animated picture of a slowly twisting noose along with a note accusing him of treason. His boss, Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, recounted that Trump supporters broke into his widowed daughter-in-law’s house and threatened his wife with sexual violence.

And Wandrea Moss and her mother, Ruby Freeman, two Black women who were election workers during the pandemic in Georgia, suffered an onslaught of racist abuse and were driven into hiding after Rudy Giuliani, President Donald Trump’s lawyer, lied that they had rigged the election against Trump.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nowhere-feel-safe-election-officials-115942120.html

2 replies, 286 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'There Is Nowhere I Feel Safe': Election Officials Describe Threats Fueled by Trump (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Wednesday OP
RKP5637 Wednesday #1
Frustratedlady Wednesday #2

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Wed Jun 22, 2022, 09:29 PM

1. Trump, the head of a monstrous cult! This has to stop. And ran the country like a criminal.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Wed Jun 22, 2022, 09:44 PM

2. Trump's hands are probably clean, as he incites others to do his dirty work for him...mob stuff.

We're presently watching those who followed his instructions fall like dominoes. Repukes never learn.

Trump is the typical bully...apparently the way he was raised by papa. Bark back at him and see if he cries.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread