HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Indicted Capitol rioters ...

Sat May 14, 2022, 10:33 AM

Indicted Capitol rioters never expected to face serious jail time

By Tom Boggioni
Published May 14, 2022

According to a consultant who advises clients on what they can expect if they are convicted and sentenced to jail time, a substantial number ofparticipants in the Jan 6th insurrection whom he has been consulting with have been surprised to find out that jail time is almost a certainty.

In an interview with Business Insider, Federal Prison Time Consulting founder David Wise said he heard from a number of indicted Capitol rioters after they had been taken into custody and indicted, and more than a few asserted that they thought their case would "blow over" and they would walk with just a slap on the wrist.

According to Wise, he quickly disabused them of the notion.

https://www.rawstory.com/cap-2657320690/

They are not remorseful they came with battle gear, they lost and they couldn't admit that they lost, they were beating the shit out of police officers and they wanted to kill anyone they could get there hands on....and there chickenshit leader is a asshole that created this and he lost and he couldn't admit to himself that he was a loser......he is a malignant narcissistic person...... lock them all up......

43 replies, 3597 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 43 replies Author Time Post
Reply Indicted Capitol rioters never expected to face serious jail time (Original post)
turbinetree May 14 OP
Grins May 14 #1
Chainfire May 14 #2
modrepub May 14 #7
FoxNewsSucks May 14 #3
drmeow May 14 #11
PatSeg May 14 #25
drmeow May 14 #41
vlyons May 14 #4
PatSeg May 14 #26
vlyons May 14 #31
PatSeg May 14 #34
PTWB May 14 #5
dugog55 May 14 #6
Lonestarblue May 14 #10
LakeArenal May 14 #13
Deminpenn May 14 #27
dugog55 May 14 #40
Chin music May 14 #30
KPN May 14 #8
nuxvomica May 14 #9
Mister Ed May 14 #12
NullTuples May 14 #14
Ocelot II May 14 #15
Deminpenn May 14 #28
NullTuples May 14 #42
Ocelot II May 14 #43
bottomofthehill May 14 #20
Lucky Luciano May 14 #22
Chin music May 14 #32
Mr. Ected May 14 #16
Grins May 14 #17
Justice matters. May 14 #18
lambchopp59 May 14 #38
stopdiggin May 14 #19
Iggo May 14 #21
llashram May 14 #23
PatrickforB May 14 #24
FakeNoose May 14 #29
AllaN01Bear May 14 #33
WarGamer May 14 #35
former9thward May 14 #36
Grokenstein May 14 #37
soldierant May 14 #39

Response to turbinetree (Original post)

Sat May 14, 2022, 10:43 AM

1. Bwahahahaha! A real "Fuck around and find out" moment.

How can you be THIS STUPID????

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Grins (Reply #1)

Sat May 14, 2022, 10:46 AM

2. Really, didn't they realize that someone had to take the fall for the big guys?

Reply to this post

Response to Chainfire (Reply #2)

Sat May 14, 2022, 11:06 AM

7. Keep Reminding Them

While they get to bleed $ trying to defend themselves, and face repercussions concerning future employment and such, Donnie 2-scoopa gets to sit in his mansions, play golf and count his money.

It all fun for these folks because Donnie makes liberals cry. If we could control the over the top emotions and isolate ourselves from these fools we'd all be a hell of a lot happier. Let mega folks wallow in their suffering (by themselves), they are beyond help. They see any "help" extended to them as just a trick. I liken them to the dwarves in C.S Lewis' the Last Battle.

Reply to this post

Sat May 14, 2022, 10:52 AM

3. PT Barnum was so right.

It's really nothing new. So many people seem to be gullible and have some kind of need to be duped and to "belong".

Churches have exploited that for centuries.

Reply to this post

Sat May 14, 2022, 11:27 AM

11. But ... but ... but

they're WHITE!

Reply to this post

Response to drmeow (Reply #11)

Sat May 14, 2022, 12:35 PM

25. And if people of color

were to commit the same crimes, the 1/6 insurrectionists would call for lifetime sentences for the guilty. Look at how they respond to Black Lives Matter protests.

Reply to this post

Response to PatSeg (Reply #25)

Sat May 14, 2022, 05:27 PM

41. Exactly! nt

Reply to this post

Sat May 14, 2022, 10:54 AM

4. ok they just serve to remind me of the truth of karma

As a Buddhist, their stupidity is at so many levels. Where do I even begin?

Actions have consequences. How smart do you have to be know that beating the crap out of a cop, while being filmed won't end well. Or leaving your DNA on the feces you throw on the Capitol wall won't end well. Or leaving your fingerprints all over the Speaker's office that you vandalized won't end well.

"Speak or act with contaminated mind, and suffering follows.
Like the wheel of the wagon follows the hoof of the ox."

-- from the Dharmapada

Reply to this post

Response to vlyons (Reply #4)

Sat May 14, 2022, 12:41 PM

26. Yes, the stupidity is stunning

I guess they see themselves as "patriots" and as such that makes them immune to the laws that govern everyone else. The fact that they didn't even attempt to disguise their identity or cover their crimes is astounding - they actually posted themselves on social media while in the act of breaking the law and bragged about it! Yeah, that is about as stupid as it gets.

Reply to this post

Response to PatSeg (Reply #26)

Sat May 14, 2022, 12:58 PM

31. I have to ask, what is wrong with those people?

Did someone drop them on their heads when they were babies? Were they raised by drunk parents in dysfunctional homes?

Reply to this post

Response to vlyons (Reply #31)

Sat May 14, 2022, 01:12 PM

34. I ask myself such questions all the time

I've always known there were people like that, but damn, I had no idea there were so many of them.

I think they used to stay in their own little bubbles, watching reality TV and visiting their neighborhood bar, their presence not terribly conspicuous to the rest of the world. Then people like Trump, Q-anon, and Russian bots managed to reach them through social media with a call to arms. For so long they were an untapped political resource, pretty much invisible to most of the world. It reminds me of Nixon catering to the politically indifferent moral majority years ago, making promises he'd never keep just to get their votes.

Reply to this post

Sat May 14, 2022, 10:55 AM

5. Throw away the keys

Reply to this post

Sat May 14, 2022, 11:05 AM

6. As far as I am concerned, they are not getting serious jail time.

There are people doing long term sentences for minor infractions. These idiots broke into and destroyed, not just government property, but the Capital Building. It was not a Federal bunk house in a National Forest, or a broken gravestone in a Memorial Cemetery, it was the Capital Building in DC. They all should have been arrested on the spot and taken to jail. They just walked out and went home like nothing happened. Good thing most of them were white.

There is a woman in Ohio doing five years for sending her kid to a better school in a nearby district. How is that even a punishable crime? The insurrectionists are getting off way to easy. As apparently, will all the plotters and leaders of this attempt to overthrow our government.

Reply to this post

Response to dugog55 (Reply #6)

Sat May 14, 2022, 11:25 AM

10. I agree. Far too many of the insurrectionists have been given a slap on the wrist.

That’s the definition of white privilege. I’m quite certain that if all these attackers had been black, they would be in jail for many years. A black woman in Texas is in jail after casting a provisional ballot because she was told she could do so.

The jail sentences and probation given to many of the Capitol attackers will do nothing to make future insurrectionists stop and consider the consequences of breaking the law. I know the leaders of groups like the Proud Boys are getting stiffer sentences, but they should just be locked up for life. They are domestic terrorists and deserve no mercy.

Reply to this post

Sat May 14, 2022, 11:29 AM

13. Agree.

Reply to this post

Sat May 14, 2022, 12:53 PM

27. To someone who's never been in jail or expected to be there,

even 1 day in jail is probably a traumatic experience. I would not dismiss a month or more in jail as "nothing" so easily.

Reply to this post

Response to Deminpenn (Reply #27)

Sat May 14, 2022, 04:36 PM

40. I agree with you, I would not ever want to spend even one day in jail.

But, for those that attacked the Capital, they should be shown there are consequences. Sure, some of them are repentant now, after the fact. But, they made plans to attend knowing full well there could be trouble. Most of them traveled a long distance, taking time off of work, and bragged about being there and having committed criminal acts. Certainly after the rally meeting point, they did not have to march down to the Capital, and after arriving at the Capital, they did not have to storm the building gaining illegal entry. But they did.

That is four times they made a conscious, poor, decision to break the law, a Federal law at that. They deserve whatever time they get, and I think 30 days should be minimum. If they are willing to believe the big lie that the election was stolen, and willing to belong to a cult of Trump lovers, then they will have to pay the price.

Reply to this post

Sat May 14, 2022, 11:08 AM

8. You been hoodwinked by tfg. Too bad suckers!

Reply to this post

Sat May 14, 2022, 11:14 AM

9. The madness of privilege

It can't happen to me; not here.

Reply to this post

Sat May 14, 2022, 11:28 AM

12. They thought they'd be getting the Presidential Medal of Honor.

And they would have, if Trump had managed to retain power.

Reply to this post

Sat May 14, 2022, 11:42 AM

14. An average of 45 days for trying to overthrow a government is not "serious jail time".

Reply to this post

Response to NullTuples (Reply #14)

Sat May 14, 2022, 11:51 AM

15. If you thought you were going to get away with it,

or be regarded as a patriot, any jail time is serious jail time. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Reply to this post

Response to Ocelot II (Reply #15)

Sat May 14, 2022, 12:54 PM

28. +1

It's not nothing to anyone who's never had the prison experience.

Reply to this post

Response to Ocelot II (Reply #15)

Sat May 14, 2022, 08:15 PM

42. POC get a decade for having $30 worth of marijuana. 45 days is not serious jail time.

Reply to this post

Response to NullTuples (Reply #42)

Sat May 14, 2022, 08:38 PM

43. My point was that it's serious jail time to the entitled asshole

who expected to be treated as a hero and not be penalized at all. Of course it's a minor sentence in the scheme of things, but even only 45 days will be a big shock for these "patriots."

Reply to this post

Sat May 14, 2022, 12:09 PM

20. Agree, not anywhere enough time. DOMESTIC TERRORISTS

The domestic terrorists attacked police officers, damaged the us capitol, shit and pissed in the cradle of democracy, tried to stop the transfer of power, tried to destroy American democracy, threatened the Vice President and the Speaker of the House with bodily harm and or death, forced the House and Senate from their chambers and briefly prevented them from doing their constitutional duty and they are getting an average of 45 days.

Fuck them. They are fucking animals and belong in gitmo with the other terrorists.

Reply to this post

Sat May 14, 2022, 12:25 PM

22. Agreed. They should all get the full 20 years for sedition.

They should also be put in Florence supermax and hopefully suffer severe PTSD afterwards. The garbage needs to be disposed of.

Reply to this post

Sat May 14, 2022, 12:01 PM

16. Conversely, I'd like to know what penalties they expected BLM protesters to have received

A year? Five years? Bet on it.

For the same infraction, there's no doubt that their white privilege caused them to believe that the same crime committed by a person of color would result in heavy penalties.

Reply to this post

Sat May 14, 2022, 12:06 PM

17. Wouldn't you have LOVED to have been in the room at that moment?

When the lawyer told them, “Uhhhh, no. You’re going to do hard, federal time. And that will follow you the rest of your life.”

Reply to this post

Sat May 14, 2022, 12:06 PM

18. Either the education system has failed miserably, or...

They always were a bunch of cranks only interested in playing video games when mom was not watching instead of studying how to write... to begin with.

I'll go with the mario-bros addicted cranks.

Reply to this post

Response to Justice matters. (Reply #18)

Sat May 14, 2022, 01:26 PM

38. First hand witness to the ilk here. Cranks. Not a systematic issue.

Ultimately my parents relocated me during high school years to a quaint Midwestern small town. I'd attended years of school in urban/suburban areas that had their share of "cranks", however there, astonishingly idiotic jackasses were a large majority of the students. They took pride in being troublemakers, progeny of local snaggletooth coal minin' "Dat book larnin don't do ya no guud" dipshits. Taking classes there was a constant disruptive bad joke for 2 years. Fortunately I got into the accelerated program and did my senior year on college campus.
I looked up the 2016 electoral count for that area. Deep, deep red, no surprise there.
Justice I absolutely hated it there. After several incidents my parents also sold their home there and moved on, as disgusted with the gun totin' goofballs...
The exact ilk attending that "peaceful tour of the capitol".

Reply to this post

Sat May 14, 2022, 12:07 PM

19. But, but ... All super patriots are prepared

to fight and die for their country! Right? "Last full measure .." - "tree of liberty" - and all that good stuff?

I must have been watching the wrong YouTube channel.

Reply to this post

Sat May 14, 2022, 12:15 PM

21. They're the dumbest kind of criminals, that's why.

By and large, law-breakers know what they’re doing and what could happen to them if they’re caught. And they know how to keep their damn mouths shut and stop confessing every time someone puts a microphone in front of their face. But these Jan6 insurrectionists are so blinded by privilege that they don’t understand that it’s not okay to break the law just because you’re really mad about something. (Reminds me of one of my favorite movie lines of all time: “I’m the bad guy?”). A lot of first time criminals are like that. They’re still criminals, though.

Reply to this post

Sat May 14, 2022, 12:28 PM

23. their leaders

must go down with their ship.

Reply to this post

Sat May 14, 2022, 12:29 PM

24. What's the old adage? "Ignorance of the law is no excuse!"

Yes, that's it.

They chose to be militantly ignorant, not only of the law, but of what a charlatan Trump actually is. They got sold a bill of goods by a master con man, and now they are going to pay. What gets me is that they feel that it is us who are unholy, demonic, satanic, and who are 'ruining' the country.

The question in my mind, as I speak to people in all walks of life, is, "Do we really deserve a republic, or are we too stupid and ignorant as a people to keep the one the Founders gave us?"

This country is built on three pillars: conquest, slavery and genocide. Because of this, we have ALL got some real bad karma hanging over our heads. It may be that as time goes on, we will ALL pay for the horrible acts of our ancestors.

And the world? Bad karma there too. Do you know the greed-head parasites allow around 25,000 people a day to STARVE TO DEATH? That's right. And look what has happened off the coast of Somalia. You know, don't you? The Somalis WERE peaceful fishermen. Doing OK. Then the trawlers came and 'fished out' their coastal waters. And, to add an especially toxic insult to THAT injury, European industry has been dumping toxic and radioactive waste in their coastal waters.

The oceans are full of garbage.

Wildfires raging.

Wars raging.

We have been doing bad, ignorant, cruel and greedy shit for centuries. Seems like we are literally galloping toward that cliff of reckoning.

Reply to this post

Sat May 14, 2022, 12:55 PM

29. Awww ... we're going to need a bigger violin

.... and more prisons.

Reply to this post

Sat May 14, 2022, 12:59 PM

33. wronnnnnggg.!

wha wha wha.

Reply to this post

Sat May 14, 2022, 01:15 PM

35. So far, what's the average number of days in jail?

Reply to this post

Sat May 14, 2022, 01:20 PM

36. Very few have been sentenced to any "serious jail time".

So their thinking was correct.

Reply to this post

Sat May 14, 2022, 01:25 PM

37. Typical Hypocritical Republickscum.

I remember how Rush Limbaugh ranted that all drug abusers should be put to death...right up to the point the public found out he was a drug abuser.

Reply to this post

Sat May 14, 2022, 01:53 PM

39. The only wars in their lifetime, even in their parents' lifetime, have been fought outside the US.

We send our soldiers "over there," and afterwards they come back home and are respected as veterans. No one seriously expects to learn exactly what they did over there. In a war on foreign soil, no one knows you're a jerk.

They thought it would be like that. They thought they were in a war.

I agree that most who have had any prison time have not had "serious" prison time. Yet. But the sentences are getting longer.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread