HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » They're all yours

Fri May 13, 2022, 08:18 PM

They're all yours

ht: @davideyoungmd

GOP opposition leaves covid aid in peril as White House warns of surge
___ Five days after federal health officials warned a new wave could infect 100 million people, lawmakers still find themselves struggling to overcome familiar partisan divides. There appears to be no immediate pathway in the Senate for a long-stalled agreement to spend $10 billion to boost the availability of tests, therapeutics and vaccines nationwide.

For weeks, the White House has sounded urgent alarms about the need for more aid, arguing it has already committed most of its existing public health dollars to specific uses. Some key federal initiatives even have run out of cash, leading the administration to slow purchases of critical supplies while shuttering a program that had provided free testing to uninsured Americans.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/gop-opposition-leaves-covid-aid-in-peril-as-white-house-warns-of-surge/ar-AAX9MJz

White House prepares to ration vaccines as Covid funding impasse looms
“(Republican) Inaction in Congress is already forcing difficult and unnecessary compromises that have dire consequences for the American people,” a White House spokesperson said, adding that failing to authorize additional funding would force “even more difficult tradeoffs.”
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/13/white-house-vaccines-covid-funding-impasse-00032319

2 replies, 564 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply They're all yours (Original post)
bigtree May 13 OP
lpbk2713 May 13 #1
SergeStorms May 13 #2

Response to bigtree (Original post)

Fri May 13, 2022, 08:22 PM

1. It's too bad they can't see that happening.

But Trudeau isn't too far off.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to bigtree (Original post)

Fri May 13, 2022, 08:29 PM

2. Ain't it the truth.

I get those stares too. Doesn't bother me one little bit.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread