HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Speaker Pelosi: "We're no...

Fri May 13, 2022, 02:54 PM

Speaker Pelosi: "We're not going to be cowards like they are."

Hugo Lowell @hugolowell
New: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on prospect of retaliatory subpoenas to Dems should Republicans take House majority in 2022: Im not afraid of precedent. Were seeking the truth. And were not going to be cowards like they are.

18 replies, 4475 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to bigtree (Original post)

Fri May 13, 2022, 02:59 PM

1. I wish the media would lead the news with that tonight. - n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Jim__ (Reply #1)

Fri May 13, 2022, 04:48 PM

7. pox our media. librual press my eye .

Reply to this post

Fri May 13, 2022, 03:09 PM

2. Let's make it so democrats beat expectations in 2022. GOTFV!

Work and vote like our lives and people like her's are on the line.

Russians and their voters are just ugly, mean, nasty, people that nobody likes. Let's take a supermajority, like California enjoys. Budget surpluses, clean air, clean water, and just a few bad apple Russians to deal with.

Reply to this post

Response to ffr (Reply #2)

Fri May 13, 2022, 03:13 PM

3. Defy the Odds 2022 - that's one GOTV group's slogan & I love it! -nt

Reply to this post

Response to CrispyQ (Reply #3)

Fri May 13, 2022, 03:45 PM

4. Yes, after all, the Kentucky Derby was won by and 80 to One shot

Reply to this post

Response to Walleye (Reply #4)

Fri May 13, 2022, 03:53 PM

5. That horse took an Uber. Everybody saw it. Not fair to compare.

Reply to this post

Response to jaxexpat (Reply #5)

Fri May 13, 2022, 06:01 PM

11. Are you forgetting the Uber driver

was so drunk the horse had to do all the driving? Plus he had to learn how to drive real fast.

Reply to this post

Response to jaxexpat (Reply #5)

Fri May 13, 2022, 06:50 PM

13. It was a phenomenal stretch run

Reply to this post

Fri May 13, 2022, 04:45 PM

6. Definition of courage....

This woman was a gift to the democracy and government we enjoy today. Unfortunate that we have to actually have a deceitful, hateful enemy in our government represented by the gQp.

Reply to this post

Fri May 13, 2022, 04:56 PM

8. even alone, Speaker Pelosi has more fearless fortitude than the whole RefuKKKchicken mob

Reply to this post

Fri May 13, 2022, 04:59 PM

9. Just because we got rid of TFG,

doesn't mean, by any sense, that our work is done. We need to vote in '22, '24, '26, '28, etc., not as if our lives depend on it but, also, the lives or our children and grandchildren depends on it. Literally!

And we cannot take the bait that it's ok if we lose the House and Senate because it typically happens after the election of a new president's first term. This is a trend that we must break. The M$M constantly tries to set the narrative that President Biden's agenda has caused high gas prices, runaway inflation and yes, even baby formula shortages. FFS! Consumer spending patterns causes corporations to go into greed overdrive. As long as consumers keep spending, they'll continue to raise prices and maximize profits.

We cannot rest. All Democrats need to vote no matter how hard republicans try to make it to vote. Some of us can do a lot. Some of us not so much but, we can all tell the truth and not worry about purity tests and infighting. And we really need to encourage the younger people how much their vote now will affect their futures.

Reply to this post

Response to Mr. Evil (Reply #9)

Fri May 13, 2022, 10:08 PM

14. right

...that wasn't her point.

Reply to this post

Fri May 13, 2022, 05:37 PM

10. Cowards like they are. What better words could be uttered and how true! Kevin M. didn't want to

invoke the 25th Amendment against djt, because it would 'take too long'. I'd say to him, that in the meantime, while djt is inflicting unlimited damage on the U.S. integrity, and the U.S., what takes too long in order to protect the U.S. and its institutions? What the hell is Congress and you Kevin M. (repug minority leader) doing there in Congress to being with? Do you not believe in the U.S., and the institutions that make up the vaunted institutions of the U.S.?

I'd say that he needs to be removed, for failure as a leader to protect the United States during a time of crisis.

Reply to this post

Fri May 13, 2022, 06:06 PM

12. Expect insane, unfair, and unsupportable attacks from the Republicans in any case.

The multiple attacks on Hillary and Obama are just a few. Trust me, the Republicans will go after anyone and they don't even need a reason. Retaliation is a motive of theirs but hardly needed. Bullies attack no matter what you do.
There is nothing Pelosi can do to avoid rabid attacks from Republicans. It is going to happen no matter what.
They have been raising the rage level of their insane and unstable followers since before McCarthy.

I suspect their support for weapons ties into their desire to see good people who stand in their way, shot at by their insane followers. To be a Democratic leader and stand up to these monstrous bullies takes courage. I might not agree with them all the time, but I respect that they are on the front lines fighting against fascism.

Always remember, a lot of the Republican far end insane followers wear Nazi gear with pride. While the Republicans are happy to call us Nazis, they ignore the blatant worship of Nazis by their own followers. The symbols they use and their arguments are rooted in Nazi propaganda. https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/interactive/2021/far-right-symbols-capitol-riot/

The Republican party never refutes the arguments of their Nazi members. They never turn their back on white supremacy. Of course they are going to blindly attack. Expect some horror they cause to be placed squarely on an innocent. That is how they roll. They may not be willing to come out as Nazis but they are happy to have Nazis on their side and they will do what they can to please them. In the end, their agenda is the same.

Reply to this post

Fri May 13, 2022, 11:20 PM

15. K&R

Reply to this post

Fri May 13, 2022, 11:54 PM

16. God, how I love that woman!

Common sense, smarts, fearlessness, and unfailing integrity. Nancy speaks the truth.

Reply to this post

Sat May 14, 2022, 12:17 PM

17. I encourage the Committee to summon some Democrats for testimony.

I'm confident they will handle themselves well, that they will answer honestly (no need to lie), and that the stories they tell about January 6 will be revelatory and relevant.

Every good marketer knows to compare their superior product with the "other guys' stuff". Let's set them side by side so people can compare.

Reply to this post

Response to Midnight Writer (Reply #17)

Sat May 14, 2022, 12:20 PM

18. they want our testimony?

...they can't handle our testimony.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread