HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Election 2022: Blood wins...

Tue May 10, 2022, 10:28 PM

Election 2022: Blood wins Nebraska's Democratic governor nod

Carol is just $5 short of her current goal. This is now the OFFICIAL DU for Carol Blood donation link: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/duforblood

https://omaha.com/news/national/govt-and-politics/election-2022-blood-wins-nebraska-s-democratic-governor-nod/article_c22dacf8-f9a2-55b1-b6d4-f52ca7c2af0b.html

By GRANT SCHULTE - Associated Press
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Nebraska state Sen. Carol Blood won the Democratic nomination for governor on Tuesday as Republicans worked through a crowded field of candidates, including one running with former President Donald Trump’s endorsement.

Blood defeated Roy Harris, a little-known primary candidate who didn’t actively campaign. She was first elected to the Legislature in 2016 after serving on the City Council in Bellevue, an Omaha suburb.

She will be the underdog in November against the winner of Tuesday’s nine-way Republican primary, a race that was upended in recent weeks after a leading candidate endorsed by Trump was accused of groping at least eight women over the last few years.

Charles Herbster, a businessman and cattle breeder who has denied the allegations, is in a nine-way GOP primary to replace Republican Gov. Pete Ricketts, who's prevented by term limit laws from running again. Other leading candidates include Jim Pillen, a veterinarian and hog farm owner endorsed by Ricketts, and state Sen. Brett Lindstrom, an Omaha financial adviser who gained traction recently with a surge of money and support from the city’s Republican mayor.

FULL story at link above.

4 replies, 555 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Election 2022: Blood wins Nebraska's Democratic governor nod (Original post)
Omaha Steve Tuesday OP
Wounded Bear Tuesday #1
sprinkleeninow Wednesday #2
Omaha Steve Wednesday #4
Captain Zero Wednesday #3

Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)

Tue May 10, 2022, 10:29 PM

1. I can see the campaign buttons now...

"I'm out for Blood!"

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)

Wed May 11, 2022, 12:56 AM

2. I just kicked in 5 bucks.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to sprinkleeninow (Reply #2)

Wed May 11, 2022, 07:32 AM

4. Thank YOU!

Reply to this post