HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Dems punch back against G...

Sun May 1, 2022, 10:37 PM

Dems punch back against GOP's "culture war" attacks

Axios

Democrats are starting to fight back against the bludgeoning they've taken since the Republicans seized on socially charged issues to help win this fall's midterms.

Why it matters: Recent research has shown the barrage of "culture war" messaging on everything from critical race theory to bashing LGBTQ communities is working, and Democrats now realize they can't ignore it any longer. They want to make 2022 a referendum on MAGA nation and its agenda.

President Biden himself got more aggressive while traveling to Ohio last Wednesday to honor 2022's Teacher of the Year: a history instructor who teaches courses about oppression and Black history.

"Today, there are too many politicians trying to score political points trying to ban books even math books. I mean, did you ever think ... that when you'd be teaching, you'd be worrying about book burnings and banning books? All because it doesn't fit somebody's political agenda," the president said.

1 replies, 694 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Dems punch back against GOP's "culture war" attacks (Original post)
brooklynite May 1 OP
Lunabell May 1 #1

Response to brooklynite (Original post)

Sun May 1, 2022, 11:20 PM

1. Damn right!

There are a LOT of moderate Republicans and independents that are appalled by what is happening. I don't understand how they didn't see it coming. But desantis' war on Disney is pissing a lot of floridians off. It's almost a sacrilege in Florida to mess with Disney.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread