HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » FBI Says California Man T...

Fri Apr 29, 2022, 01:05 AM

FBI Says California Man Threatened DC Comics Over Character's "Coming Out Issue"

According to an affidavit from a special agent of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), a California man admitted to threatening both DC, one of its writers and IGN.com over the recent storyline where Jon Kent, the son of Superman and Lois Lane, came out as bisexual.

FBI Special Agent Casey Anderson revealed the information as part of a separate case against the man in Massachusetts, as he is charged with threatening the offices of Merriam-Webster over the dictionary changing the definition of the word "girl," leading to the company removing its employees from its offices for five days. As part of the case, the FBI is showing the history of the man in terms of threats that he made to other people and organizations.

The 34-year-old man from Rossmoor, California has a history of threatening people over LGTBQ+ issues, as well as other politically progressive issues. In the case of DC, when the news broke last October that Jon Kent would be coming out as bisexual, the California man sent threats to both DC and IGN.com, who reported the news. He sent eight messages to IGN, warning, "I am going to shoot up and bomb your headquarters for discriminating against conservatives and silencing conservative speech. The only good Democrat is a dead Democrat. I will kill you all for discriminating against and silencing me for criticizing the radical homosexual agenda."

https://www.cbr.com/fbi-man-threatened-dc-over-jon-kent-superman-bisexuality/

1 replies, 649 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply FBI Says California Man Threatened DC Comics Over Character's "Coming Out Issue" (Original post)
RandySF Apr 29 OP
Hugh_Lebowski Apr 29 #1

Response to RandySF (Original post)

Fri Apr 29, 2022, 01:58 AM

1. Rossmoor, Orange County ... not the large retirement community between Walnut Creek and Lafayette

in the Bay Area ... to be clear.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread