HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The Traitor Caucus (my wo...

Sun Apr 24, 2022, 08:28 AM

The Traitor Caucus (my words). "To what end did they seek to overthrow our democracy?"

Heather Cox Richardson: Letters from an American
https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.com/p/april-23-2022?s=r

"We knew that both former energy secretary Rick Perry of Texas and Representative Jim Jordan (R-OH) had texted with Meadows about possible avenues for overturning the election. We knew that Representatives Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) and Lauren Boebert (R-CO) had recorded videos before the insurrection that suggested they supported it. We had an odd statement from Senator Chuck Grassley (R-IA) on January 5 saying that he, not then–vice president Mike Pence, would count the certified electoral ballots the next day.

Cassidy Hutchinson, a former special assistant to the president and the chief of staff. When asked which members of Congress were involved in calls about overturning the election—including calls saying such efforts were illegal—Hutchinson named Representatives Greene, Jordan, Boebert, Scott Perry (R-PA), Louie Gohmert (R-TX), Andy Biggs (R-AZ), Mo Brooks (R-AL), Jody Hice (R-GA), Paul Gosar (R-AZ), and Debbie Lesko (R-AZ)."

1 replies, 577 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply The Traitor Caucus (my words). "To what end did they seek to overthrow our democracy?" (Original post)
Joinfortmill Apr 2022 OP
lark Apr 2022 #1

Response to Joinfortmill (Original post)

Sun Apr 24, 2022, 09:25 AM

1. They want personal permanent political power for the rich, including themselves.

That's what this was, an attempt at overthrowing the government and installing a permanent right wing, anti-worker, anti-poor, anti-civil rights for any minorities and none for women either. Rich women of course can do anything their rich "daddies" want, including abortion. They want laws to only apply to us and they are free to do as they please and we have no recourse.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread