HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » GOP lawmakers deeply invo...

Sat Apr 23, 2022, 08:35 AM

GOP lawmakers deeply involved in Trump plans to overturn election, new evidence suggests

"Republican members of Congress were heavily involved in calls and meetings with former President Donald Trump and his top aides as they devised a strategy to overturn the election in December 2020, according to new evidence filed in federal court late Friday.

Lawmakers who attended meetings, in person or by phone, included Reps. Scott Perry (R-Pa.), Louie Gohmert (R-Texas), Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) and numerous members of the House Freedom Caucus, according to Cassidy Hutchinson, an aide to Meadows who provided key testimony about the conversations and meetings Meadows had in December 2020."

They did this for a man who besmirches everything he touches, a thoroughly corrupt monster. I knew it, but I'm still heartbroken.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/04/22/gop-lawmakers-deeply-involved-in-trump-plans-to-overturn-election-new-evidence-suggests-00027340

7 replies, 1218 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply GOP lawmakers deeply involved in Trump plans to overturn election, new evidence suggests (Original post)
Joinfortmill Apr 2022 OP
Irish_Dem Apr 2022 #1
TreasonousBastard Apr 2022 #2
gab13by13 Apr 2022 #3
pazzyanne Apr 2022 #4
Fiendish Thingy Apr 2022 #6
Ohio Joe Apr 2022 #7
Traildogbob Apr 2022 #5

Response to Joinfortmill (Original post)

Sat Apr 23, 2022, 08:43 AM

1. All along they have been protecting themselves.

That is why they don't want 1/6 to be investigated.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Apr 23, 2022, 08:43 AM

2. So many politicians involved in this sleazy business could be one reason why the gummint is...

so slow to do something.

Overturning an election is a good gamble for some; mainly those who don't understand, or care about, long term ramifications.

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 23, 2022, 08:47 AM

3. Name me one current or former politician who is under investigation.

Reply to this post

Response to gab13by13 (Reply #3)

Sat Apr 23, 2022, 09:24 AM

4. Hillary Clinton

She appears to be under investigation non-stop. He (un-named) is pressing for investigations again.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/04/19/trump-clinton-lawsuit-fusion-dossier-elias-00026522

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 23, 2022, 09:41 AM

6. Donald Trump. Nt

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 23, 2022, 10:03 AM

7. Ok... I'll even throw in a few close allies of TFG

TOM BARRACK
RUDY GIULIANI
ROBERT COSTELLO
SIDNEY POWELL
MARK MEADOWS
ALEX JONES
ROGER STONE
ERIK PRINCE

https://www.emptywheel.net/2022/02/08/the-eight-trump-associates-whom-doj-is-investigating/

Those are ones we know of for certain. Going to address it this time or just pretend itís not happening still?

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 23, 2022, 09:31 AM

5. All assholes

That lying criminal asshole McCarthy wanted on the 1/6 committee. Lock these assholes up. At minimum ban them from office forever. Do it in honor of every veteran that has ever lost life or limbs for this democracy. GQP swamp draining my ass. These slimy beasts have only bred and multiplied under trump regime.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread