HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Trump 2024

Sun Feb 27, 2022, 11:37 AM

Trump 2024

I just turned off the TV after I saw Smerconish saying that you have to admit that Trump is the number 1 candidate for the Rethugs in 2024. Man that pisses me off, the only reason people think that is because idiots like this guy keep saying it, and they keep saying it because they think it's good for ratings. Honestly I have to think that the media, in most of its forms, is mostly responsible for the mess we are in.
When the bobble heads say something dumb like that, the other person should say something to the effect of "Why would you think that a person who is being investigated so heavily would be a viable candidate?" Then then go from there, to list off the Facts about the investigations.

15 replies, 1160 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to dclarston13 (Original post)

Sun Feb 27, 2022, 11:40 AM

1. There are many facts we don't like. One off them is that tfg IS the favored R candidate.

And the investigations are not changing that.

An indictment or two might, but I am not holding my breath waiting for that.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Feb 27, 2022, 11:43 AM

2. I have never changed my mind nor seen any evidence that anyone is beating Trump at

the republican nomination right now if he were to run. I can't predict if he will run but if he were to run, he is definitely the clear front runner.

And to your point about Trump's crime. Unless it's something very serious like selling our top secret or if you can somehow link him to planning and executing the whole 1/6 insurrection, I don't think his republican support would decrease. There is no evidence to support that a tax fraud case will mean much to the republicans. They have turned a blind eye on many Trump's more serious crimes.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 27, 2022, 11:45 AM

3. Agent Orange might indeed be the 2024 fave in Republican primaries

However, the more we see of the Donald’s post November 2020 behavior, the less likely I see his chances of pulling off a Benjamin Harrison-style comeback in the general elections.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 27, 2022, 11:49 AM

4. When I see that guy on my screen

I do not even bother to hear what he is talking about. TURN HIM OFF! He is something, I do not know what, but he does not seem all that smart or actually informed. I learned that way back when on his show was all about what was on his twitter feed. I suppose some people find value in what he says but he just seems like one of those pompous asses that like to talk about whatever it floating around. These days he seems to have opinions but nothing of value ever seems to come from him.

Reply to this post

Response to MuseRider (Reply #4)

Sun Feb 27, 2022, 11:58 AM

5. Watched him yesterday

He is irritating.

Reply to this post

Response to underpants (Reply #5)

Sun Feb 27, 2022, 11:59 AM

7. Very succinct!

You said it WAY better than I ever could!

Reply to this post

Response to MuseRider (Reply #7)

Sun Feb 27, 2022, 12:03 PM

9. I got distracted.

Reply to this post

Response to underpants (Reply #9)

Sun Feb 27, 2022, 12:06 PM

10. There went my coffee!

LOL! Have a good one today.

Reply to this post

Response to underpants (Reply #5)

Sun Feb 27, 2022, 12:08 PM

12. It was essentially a Trump greatest hits tape with 2% table topic of the day

Where he didn't get the memo that Putin looks anything but smart or strong right now. If the Russian banks collapse in less than 24hrs. This will look even worse.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 27, 2022, 11:58 AM

6. Yep, these lightweight personalities offer their "takes" way too much

That's how we get all kinds of stupid ideas becoming accepted as part of "the conversation."

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 27, 2022, 12:00 PM

8. Remember it's their primary first. He has them and he can easily win the nomination.

“Genius” alone but the “savvy” and “wonderful” are going to bury him.
Drown him in it.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 27, 2022, 12:06 PM

11. I don't think Trump is prepared to go against his competition

Last go around the guys on stage were out to look professional and out class him. The stage this time will be filled with GOPers that play his game, speak his lingo, and are vastly smarter than him.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 27, 2022, 12:08 PM

13. I was done with Smerconish ages ago.

He's never said much of anything I've ever agreed with.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 27, 2022, 12:10 PM

14. Shouldn't we WANT tfg as the #1 candidate in 2024?

I mean, I want to see him in prison orange, but he has NO chance of winning another national election.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 27, 2022, 12:24 PM

15. What was the context?

Was he saying MF45 is the best choice for the country? Or just the asshole most likely to lie, cheat and steal his way to the top of their shitpile?

Because he probably is likely to pull it off again if he and his criminal family & cohorts aren't locked up. And with the voting laws republicons are passing all over the country, the republicon candidate will probably be installed no matter what the public wants.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread