HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » It seems there were other...

Tue Feb 1, 2022, 03:40 PM

It seems there were others besides Sinema opposed to $15/hr minimum wage

What's the situation in S. Carolina can we afford this bickering?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/south-carolina-candidate-governor-says-223723124.html

4 replies, 753 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply It seems there were others besides Sinema opposed to $15/hr minimum wage (Original post)
DLCWIdem Feb 2022 OP
W_HAMILTON Feb 2022 #1
DLCWIdem Feb 2022 #2
Budi Feb 2022 #4
Budi Feb 2022 #3

Response to DLCWIdem (Original post)

Tue Feb 1, 2022, 03:54 PM

1. This person was not a member of Congress.

Lumping him in with Sinema, who actually had a say in the matter, seems like you are trying to push party in-fighting for no good reason; that's not what you are doing, is it?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to W_HAMILTON (Reply #1)

Tue Feb 1, 2022, 04:02 PM

2. No. I am speaking out about the infighting.

They are running for a race this year but we can't afford the in fighting and I specifically asked about what the situation was in South Carolina. I am being very polite by answering but I shouldn't have to prove that I am not formenting fighting by a simple general question and statement.

Reply to this post

Response to DLCWIdem (Reply #2)

Tue Feb 1, 2022, 04:09 PM

4. Mr Votour is the shit stirrer. And his accusations are not truthful at all.

I'm sure he'll take his sudden name recognition & start a $$$ PAC & run oppo against the Dem candidate.

Because this is exactly how they do it.

He was never really a Democrat.

Reply to this post

Response to DLCWIdem (Original post)

Tue Feb 1, 2022, 04:04 PM

3. Jfc. Take your one hit slogan lie & gtfoutta the Party then. Big crybaby.

If this is all it takes to drop away the from the Dem Party, Mr Votour was always a sabatour.

On the way out of the party, Votour criticized former Congressman Joe Cunningham, who is leading the fundraising race in the Democratic gubernatorial primary, specifically citing Cunningham’s vote against a $15 minimum wage while in Congress.

SNIP

THE TRUTH That Mr Votour Chose To Omit:
In an interview in December, Cunningham said he always supported minimum wage that is in the double digits, but the bill in Congress he voted against would have eliminated tip wages, which would have hurt hospitality workers.

“Congressman Cunningham wishes Mr. Votour all the best as he continues his campaign in another party,” said Trevor Maloney, Cunningham’s campaign manager. “In the meantime, Joe is laser-focused on defeating Henry McMaster in November so we can legalize marijuana, increase teacher pay, and raise the minimum wage to at least $12 an hour.”

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread