HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Tired of the false narrat...

Thu Jan 13, 2022, 01:12 PM

Tired of the false narrative

For the last 40 plus years the republicans have lived in their right wing bubble. They have demonized liberals/democrats with name calling, lies, and propaganda that included hate talk radio, drudge/Briebert, and foxnews. They are the loud mouths who have constantly made everything political. They are the ones who have constantly showed off their hate and politics by their stupid car bumper stickers and flags….they have treated Democrats as the enemy not their fellow countrymen…..and finally democrats have decided to fight back…..:and somehow liberals are getting labeled as the people who can’t get along with the other side and looks down on them and the ones dividing this is country….I have heard those sentiments expressed by two supposed liberals or democrats (bill Maher and tulsi gabbard)….

5 replies, 600 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Tired of the false narrative (Original post)
USAFRetired_Liberal Jan 2022 OP
ck4829 Jan 2022 #1
Kid Berwyn Jan 2022 #2
USAFRetired_Liberal Jan 2022 #4
Wounded Bear Jan 2022 #3
USAFRetired_Liberal Jan 2022 #5

Response to USAFRetired_Liberal (Original post)

Thu Jan 13, 2022, 01:23 PM

1. "The adults are talking" - Maybe it's time to tell people pushing to false narratives to sit down

Last edited Wed Feb 9, 2022, 12:42 PM - Edit history (1)

https://deepblueleague.freeforums.net/

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Jan 13, 2022, 01:23 PM

2. That's why we Democrats have to tell our story, now.

Because of their ownership, the VRWC gets all the air-time and editorial space needed to defame, demean and — most importantly — define us.

The current situation, IMO, has given us more than the opportunity to “tell the country” who we are as members of the Democratic Party. Bringing to light and prosecuting Drumpf and his treasonous horde shows no one is above the law and why Democrats are different from repuglians and worth supporting as voters.

Reply to this post

Response to Kid Berwyn (Reply #2)

Thu Jan 13, 2022, 01:31 PM

4. I agree

the VRWC gets all the air-time and editorial space needed to defame, demean and — most importantly — define us.

But it’s sucks when people like Bill Maher starts to become part of that VRWC when he has a platform that is supposedly liberal.

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 13, 2022, 01:31 PM

3. Neither Bill Maher or Tulsi Gabbard are liberals...

Maher is a libertarian, and while he throws digs at repubs a lot, he's pretty critical of lefties, too.

Gabbard is a russian asset, last I heard.

I suggest you not worry overly much about their opinions.

Reply to this post

Response to Wounded Bear (Reply #3)

Thu Jan 13, 2022, 01:34 PM

5. I agree that they aren't liberals or democrats

But unfortunately they are portrayed that way in the media. So when they voice their opinions then it’s portrayed as the democrats are so out there that even “liberals” are criticizing them.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread