HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Dang it Nicolle Wallace,

Fri Dec 17, 2021, 05:55 PM

Dang it Nicolle Wallace,

every time I get pumped that DOJ may be going after Trump and his fellow traitors, she brings on Matt Miller a former FBI employee who states it is very unlikely that DOJ is investigating Trump. He spelled it out convincingly. DOJ would need to subpoena White House personnel and others close to Trump. Miller states that those people, like Meadows would file law suits to avoid the subpoenas. Miller says there are crickets.

Miller said it was possible that DOJ went to the Pentagon to investigate if Trump was responsible for delaying deployment of the Guard. Miller said if the military was involved we likely wouldn't know about that, all the other stuff, we would have heard something by now.

26 replies, 2410 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 26 replies Author Time Post
Reply Dang it Nicolle Wallace, (Original post)
gab13by13 Dec 2021 OP
LonePirate Dec 2021 #1
OnDoutside Dec 2021 #6
LonePirate Dec 2021 #8
Poiuyt Dec 2021 #21
Autumn Dec 2021 #22
SoCalDavidS Dec 2021 #2
liberalmediaaddict Dec 2021 #16
Autumn Dec 2021 #23
Scrivener7 Dec 2021 #25
a kennedy Dec 2021 #3
Hoyt Dec 2021 #4
dem4decades Dec 2021 #5
Thomas Hurt Dec 2021 #7
sarcasmo Dec 2021 #9
Fiendish Thingy Dec 2021 #10
Elessar Zappa Dec 2021 #11
FakeNoose Dec 2021 #12
agingdem Dec 2021 #13
chowder66 Dec 2021 #15
Scrivener7 Dec 2021 #17
uponit7771 Dec 2021 #26
dem4decades Dec 2021 #18
agingdem Dec 2021 #24
chowder66 Dec 2021 #14
Thunderbeast Dec 2021 #19
mitch96 Dec 2021 #20

Response to gab13by13 (Original post)

Fri Dec 17, 2021, 06:01 PM

1. DOJ simply does not want to set a precedent of investigating a former president.

Either that or Garland is exceptionally incompetent at his job.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to LonePirate (Reply #1)

Fri Dec 17, 2021, 06:15 PM

6. I've written something very similar on another thread.

The Establishment would not want the reflected shame on the institution of the Presidency.

Reply to this post

Response to OnDoutside (Reply #6)

Fri Dec 17, 2021, 06:16 PM

8. It's not that. It's a CYA insurance clause for when the other party is in power.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 17, 2021, 07:20 PM

21. Which essentially means that U.S. presidents are above the law

They can't be prosecuted while they're in office, and they can't be investigated when they're out. If a president can't be prosecuted for sedition and instigating a coup, then what can they be prosecuted for?

I agree with you, btw. I was thinking that Garland just didn't want the headaches involved, but your theory makes more sense. It's just so fucking frustrating that someone who tried to overthrow our government is going to get off scot free.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 17, 2021, 07:32 PM

22. "The DOJ simply does not want to set a precedent of investigating powerful people for crimes".

There, that's another way to look at it. God, it scares the hell out of me that nothing has leaked. Millers's right if any of OF's cohorts had been subpoenaed they would be whining and screeching.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 17, 2021, 06:04 PM

2. He's Absolutely Correct

I've said this for the last 2-3 years. NOTHING will ever happen to TFG. He is untouchable. No Accountability Whatsoever.

He could do FAR worse than what he did on 1/6/21, and still not suffer any consequences. Don't think he won't try.

Because America is unwilling to deal with Shit like this, the end of the Republic is nigh.

Reply to this post

Response to SoCalDavidS (Reply #2)

Fri Dec 17, 2021, 06:47 PM

16. But he has been held accountable

by the American people. 81 million people voted him out of office a year ago. Democrats in the House impeached him twice. He's been banned from Twitter.

That may not be a prison sentence but it definitely matters to Trump. He wakes up everyday knowing he's a twice impeached, one term loser who lost the popular vote by millions and can't even go on Twitter to whine about it.

The DOJ can only do so much to Trump. The sad fact is he's still the leader of the Republican party and their likely nominee in 2024. If the DOJ were to prosecute Trump his supporters will see him as a martyr and probably become even more devoted to him.

Sadly it's up to the American people to.keep rejecting Trump and Trumpism at the ballot box. Maybe one day the GOP will realize this guy is a loser and will cut him and his cult loose.

Reply to this post

Response to liberalmediaaddict (Reply #16)

Fri Dec 17, 2021, 07:37 PM

23. That is not being held accountable. That is being removed from office with all his benifits

From a job that he wasn't doing anyway.

Reply to this post

Response to liberalmediaaddict (Reply #16)

Fri Dec 17, 2021, 09:20 PM

25. No. He tried to overthrow our Democracy. He needs to be jailed.

Or someone else will try it and they will succeed.

"Keep rejecting him at the ballot box" ain't going to cut it.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 17, 2021, 06:05 PM

3. DAMN IT.......🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 17, 2021, 06:09 PM

4. The DOJ knows they will never get a jury to convict trump. Trying and failing

might be worse than anything.

I do think the January 6 Committee is hurting trumpís chances of even winning a primary.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 17, 2021, 06:13 PM

5. The people here that say DOJ is working in the background are apparently wrong then.

They can apologize to me any time now.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 17, 2021, 06:16 PM

7. Not surprising, what I hoping for is that they are waiting for the executive privilege bee ess...

to get settled and waiting to see what the 1-6 committee digs up, criminal referrals from the committee would give them a start.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 17, 2021, 06:17 PM

9. Trump will pay a fine in the state of New York. Lowered Expectations for every other case.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 17, 2021, 06:17 PM

10. DOJ doesn't need subpoenas, they can get search warrants. Nt

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 17, 2021, 06:18 PM

11. I'm guessing

the process will START after the DOJ receives the completed congressional investigation. It could be a while until we see results.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 17, 2021, 06:22 PM

12. Don't forget: Chump committed plenty of crimes BEFORE and probably AFTER his time in office

There's lots of stuff to get him on ... am I right?

If he committed treason, then all bets are off. (Smoking guns needed for that one.)

In the meantime, isolate him from the toadies and fluffers. Cut off the extremities, what can he do?

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 17, 2021, 06:23 PM

13. no offense to Matt Miller

but he (and we) are not privy to what is or is not being investigated..a DOJ that doesn't "leak" is not a bad thing...if Garland drops the hammer on Trump now, the select committee takes a back seat to a DOJ Trump indictment...let the committee do it's work..they've got the receipts..allow them to hold their hearings and crucify that depraved orange sociopath and his enablers...then Garland can go after Trump with incontrovertible evidence...no wiggle room, no daylight

Reply to this post

Response to agingdem (Reply #13)

Fri Dec 17, 2021, 06:40 PM

15. +1

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 17, 2021, 06:48 PM

17. So you are thinking they are subpoena-ing cronies of TFG, and all of them are

meekly honoring the subpoenas? As they haven't ever done in any other venue? And that's why there is no information about any of the subpoenas? It's just down to a real tight information on the part of the DOJ?

Because if you think that, that's weird.

Reply to this post

Response to Scrivener7 (Reply #17)

Fri Dec 17, 2021, 09:25 PM

26. +1

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 17, 2021, 06:56 PM

18. Miller knows DOJ, if he says There's nothing going, believe him.

It's time to stop thinking Trump will be brought to justice, isn't 5 years of Lucy moving the football enough?

Reply to this post

Response to dem4decades (Reply #18)

Fri Dec 17, 2021, 08:11 PM

24. I'm all for instant gratification

Last edited Fri Dec 17, 2021, 11:30 PM - Edit history (2)

I want that malignant sonofabitch caged in a psychiatric facility for the criminally insane like yesterday but I'm willing to wait for the select committee to do their job...yes, Matt Miller knows the DOJ but he's not on the inside...he's on the outside speaking from past knowledge...and to be honest the assault on voting rights (and election workers) plus the fascistic GOP take-over of state and local election boards scares the hell out of me more so than Garland's DOJ's will he or won't he indict the depraved sociopath guessing game...it will happen but not on our timeline...

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 17, 2021, 06:30 PM

14. I wonder if the DOJ has issued subpoena's to people lower on the list that aren't fighting them?

Just a thought.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 17, 2021, 07:10 PM

19. Grand Juries are working in New York and Georgia

on State crimes that do not involve the Washington inner circle. It does not go to the core offense of the coup, but can still land him in prison.

He should not take comfort in the caution of the DOJ. Besides...What's so bad about criminal trials in an election year?

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 17, 2021, 07:18 PM

20. I agree. I got my hopes up with the Mueller investigation and we know how that went...uff..nt

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread