HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Ari Melber tonight

Thu Dec 16, 2021, 08:07 PM

Ari Melber tonight

I don't watch bothsiderism but before I could turn off the TV I saw that Jason Johnson was filling in and he had on a couple of great guests.

They totally bashed both Merrick Garland and Christopher Wray. They asked the question that I have been asking here for months, why does everything have to go through the select committee? Where is DOJ and the FBI?

I see that the select committee has subpoenaed the retired colonel, Phil Waldron, who created the 38 page powerpoint document, how to overthrow a government. Malcomb Nance was asked what would he do if he found a similar powerpoint in some country where he was stationed. Nance said that it already happened to him. He and his allies summoned up every bit of defense and intelligence to counter the proposed coup and they did it immediately. Nance stated that the 38 page powerpoint document should be in the hands of the FBI and not just the select committee. Everyone on the committee agreed that our country is facing coup II and our government should be throwing every resource we have to beat back coup II and it is not.

21 replies, 2327 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 21 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ari Melber tonight (Original post)
gab13by13 Dec 2021 OP
gab13by13 Dec 2021 #1
chillfactor Dec 2021 #2
BigmanPigman Dec 2021 #3
Paladin Dec 2021 #13
Post removed Dec 2021 #4
Demsrule86 Dec 2021 #5
gab13by13 Dec 2021 #7
George II Dec 2021 #18
Demsrule86 Dec 2021 #21
Bev54 Dec 2021 #6
gab13by13 Dec 2021 #8
uponit7771 Dec 2021 #9
gab13by13 Dec 2021 #10
uponit7771 Dec 2021 #14
Poiuyt Dec 2021 #20
radius777 Dec 2021 #17
George II Dec 2021 #19
gab13by13 Dec 2021 #11
gab13by13 Dec 2021 #12
bucolic_frolic Dec 2021 #15
SunSeeker Dec 2021 #16

Response to gab13by13 (Original post)

Thu Dec 16, 2021, 08:17 PM

1. Fiona Hill, remember her,

made a statement tonight about those who say there is a danger in indicting members of the other party. Not when the other party has become a criminal enterprise that defends domestic terrorists. Fiona Hill said the biggest danger is having information and evidence that our democracy is under threat and we do nothing.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Dec 16, 2021, 08:23 PM

2. To tell you the truth

I prefer Jason to Ari. It was a greatly informative program.

Reply to this post

Response to chillfactor (Reply #2)

Thu Dec 16, 2021, 08:33 PM

3. So do I.

Reply to this post

Response to chillfactor (Reply #2)

Thu Dec 16, 2021, 09:53 PM

13. Me too. (nt)

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 16, 2021, 08:35 PM

5. So they bashed Democrats ahead of a midterm...I really really hate that and don't watch

MSNBC at all anymore.

Reply to this post

Response to Demsrule86 (Reply #5)

Thu Dec 16, 2021, 08:57 PM

7. What Democrats?

The select committee is doing the work that the FBI should be doing. Thank goodness for the select committee.

Can I ask a serious question? Where would we be right now if we didn't have the select committee? Think about that.

Mark Meadows is on Fox News spewing coup II propaganda, why? Want to know why, because he knows he doesn't have to worry about what he says since DOJ has done nothing to him. He hopes he can stall out the select committee.

Phil Waldon is out spewing coup II propaganda, why, because he is not afraid of DOJ.

Merrick Garland may be a Democrat, I don't know. Mike Lee of Utah suggested president Obama nominate him to the SC. The Senate approved Garland as AG by a 70-30 vote, quite a feat of bipartisanship.

Christopher Wray I seriously doubt is a Democrat with his background, but maybe, I didn't research him. DOJ is supposed to be non-partisan.

Reply to this post

Response to gab13by13 (Reply #7)

Thu Dec 16, 2021, 11:20 PM

18. The Select Committee is performing an investigation for the House of Representatives.....

...in parallel with the ongoing investigation by the FBI and DOJ.

Other than a few texts this week about Meadows to support the contempt citation (and the Bannon citation), has the Select Committee said anything specific about their 300+ witnesses they've interviewed or the progress of their investigation?

Short answer: NO!

But they get praise and Garland/Wray get constantly bashed around here, even though neither have revealed anything about the status of their investigations.

You might want to spend some time on the DOJ website. They have quite a bit of information about what they're doing (without revealing sensitive details)

Reply to this post

Response to gab13by13 (Reply #7)

Fri Dec 17, 2021, 07:32 AM

21. They bashed the Biden administration...very damaging.

This is bashing and why I no longer bother to watch MSNBC or CNN...

'They totally bashed both Merrick Garland and Christopher Wray. They asked the question that I have been asking here for months, why does everything have to go through the select committee? Where is DOJ and the FBI?'

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 16, 2021, 08:51 PM

6. And not one of the knows for sure if the FBI and DOJ are not investigating.

Reply to this post

Response to Bev54 (Reply #6)

Thu Dec 16, 2021, 09:09 PM

8. Aha, the prove a negative. You are 100% correct.

I do know where Garland had chances to act but didn't.

Donald Trump was individual one in the Stormy Daniels case. Michael Cohen was sent to jail for campaign finance violations. Merrick Garland chose not to prosecute individual one, the statute of limitations has run out.

A pro-Trump Cyber Ninja group broke federal election law in Arizona. Ballots, voter information, and election materials and equipment were given to Cyber Ninjas and were no longer in the possession of election officials. Garland did nothing but write them a stern letter which told the GQP they could do fraudits in other states where one of the things they are doing is replacing honest election workers with Qanon workers.

Several judges have complained that Garland's DOJ is not seeking stiff enough prison sentences to the pawns who stormed the Capitol.

I can give more examples but can I ask you a question? Can you prove that DOJ is investigating the coup against our government?

What is more dangerous to our democracy, if you are right or if I am right?

Reply to this post

Response to gab13by13 (Reply #8)

Thu Dec 16, 2021, 09:12 PM

9. "the statute of limitations has run out." You sure ?! omfg ... no, damn ... no

Reply to this post

Response to uponit7771 (Reply #9)

Thu Dec 16, 2021, 09:30 PM

10. For the Stormy Daniels case.

Reply to this post

Response to gab13by13 (Reply #10)

Thu Dec 16, 2021, 10:04 PM

14. I thought they had into next year for that cause Benedict Donald hasn't lived in NY for

... while so they get to file an extension?

If the SoL has ended on that there's other things they're going to let it end on too

Reply to this post

Response to uponit7771 (Reply #9)

Fri Dec 17, 2021, 01:52 AM

20. They should pause the statute of limitations in the case of a president who can't be charged

It's not fair that a criminal president can benefit from both of these policies.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 16, 2021, 11:18 PM

17. Exactly correct.

As Lawrence Tribe is saying on Lawrence O'Donnell tonight, 'a democracy that allows such crimes to go unpunished (or lightly punished) is a democracy that is committing suicide.'

The problem with America is as MLK noted the 'white moderate' who is more dedicated to order than to justice.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 16, 2021, 11:23 PM

19. You keep talking about the Arizona audit but haven't said specifically what FEDERAL crime....

....was committed. Ballots, voter information, and election materials are under the jurisdiction of the states, not the Federal Government.

On the other hand, Arizona DID certify the November election and their electoral votes were rightfully cast for President Biden.

I'm not sticking up for that farce of an "audit", but has Federal law been violated? I doubt it.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 16, 2021, 09:38 PM

11. More for the wait and see crowd to digest.

Roger Stone, John Eastman, and Jeffrey Clark have been subpoenaed by the select committee. All 3 of them are pleading the 5th Amendment. They will tell the select committee nothing. When they plead the 5th they are admitting they may incriminate themselves to a crime. Will the FBI knock on Stone's, Eastman's and Clark's doors? What would you suggest happens next? Think about those people pleading the 5th, 2 of them are lawyers who should be subject to penalties from the bar.

Maybe those 3 aren't afraid of DOJ? I have no idea if DOJ has done anything yet.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 16, 2021, 09:43 PM

12. The bottom line,

We all want to save our democracy. We can all agree on that. I suggest one way to go and others suggest another way to go.

We can't ignore the attempted coup. The people behind the coup need to be held accountable. We can all agree on that.

People who say all we have to do is GOTV are wrong. GOTV happens after we take care of business.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 16, 2021, 10:40 PM

15. The case is so massive and so detailed they are letting Jan 6 committee do their thing first

which also involves prepping the public and hoping the political schism softens. Some parts seem moved to the side burner. Rudy's been absent for months, the DNC/RNC bomber still unidentified (the longer that goes the more I think it's a WHOPPER), plus the telecommunication evidence linking the top of the pyramid. They're not ready yet, but the longer they wait the higher up they reach. And there may be backfilling to do ... the Russia investigation, evidence from impeachments, the Mueller Report all part of the foundational roots of this coup attempt.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 16, 2021, 10:45 PM

16. This shit has me so fucking despondent.

Our democracy is being destroyed before our very eyes.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread