HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » At least 50 in Norway inf...

Thu Dec 2, 2021, 07:21 PM

At least 50 in Norway infected with omicron variant after company's holiday party

Norwegian officials said at least 50 people have been infected with the new omicron variant of the coronavirus, The Associated Press reported

Officials said on Thursday the new cases were connected to a company’s holiday party at a restaurant in the capital of Oslo.

The Norwegian Institute of Public Health (NIPH) said in a statement that the infected individuals live in Oslo and surrounding municipalities, according to the AP.

The Oslo Municipality said more omicron virus cases are expected, with officials conducting a search to trace transmission routes from the restaurant party.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/public-global-health/584042-50-connected-to-companys-christmas-party-in-norway

and for the tabloid version

Did business trip to South Africa spark world's biggest Omicron outbreak? Staff had recently returned to Norway before Christmas party that left 50-60 vaccinated colleagues out of 120 infected

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10267251/Christmas-party-leaves-50-60-people-infected-suspected-Omicron-Covid-Norway.html

6 replies, 841 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply At least 50 in Norway infected with omicron variant after company's holiday party (Original post)
Klaralven Dec 2 OP
Skittles Dec 2 #1
MustLoveBeagles Dec 2 #2
tanyev Dec 2 #3
Ace Rothstein Dec 2 #5
Zeitghost Dec 2 #4
beaglelover Dec 2 #6

Response to Klaralven (Original post)

Thu Dec 2, 2021, 07:23 PM

1. annual holiday party

what is that? the last one I remember was in the 80's

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Dec 2, 2021, 07:41 PM

2. The director of our state agency is retiring at the end of the year

There's a retirement party at a local restaurant going on right now that I would've loved to have attended. It's just not safe enough right now. I'll buy her a gift and a card instead.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 2, 2021, 07:42 PM

3. I don't know why so many are acting like Covid's over.

My work had the big holiday lunch today. Same as pre-pandemic—lots of people at round tables in a large conference room. I didn’t go, and I’m real curious to see what happens in a few days.

Reply to this post

Response to tanyev (Reply #3)

Thu Dec 2, 2021, 08:48 PM

5. COVID is over socially for a majority of the population.

May even be a large majority.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 2, 2021, 08:45 PM

4. Endemic or pandemic

You're going to catch COVID at some point in your lifetime. Vax up and go about your life as you normally would. If you are of the age and/or condition to get seriously ill with COVID even if fully vaxed, you should take further precautions, but then you should have already been taking those precautions due to any number of communicable diseases like the flu that we have been dealing with forever.

Reply to this post

Response to Zeitghost (Reply #4)

Thu Dec 2, 2021, 11:08 PM

6. Great post! Agree completely!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread