HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » UPDATE: News Crew Securit...

Sat Nov 27, 2021, 08:29 PM

UPDATE: News Crew Security Guard Shot in Oakland Dies From Injuries; Photo of Suspect Vehicle Releas

OAKLAND (CBS SF) — Hours after news surfaced that a beloved security guard who was shot while working with a local TV news station covering a recent burglary in downtown Oakland had died, police released a surveillance photo of a suspect vehicle in the shooting.

KPIX learned early Saturday morning that the guard — Kevin Nishita — had died from his injuries. Nishita had worked protecting KPIX news crews in the past.

“It is with the deepest sadness that I let you know security guard Kevin Nishita has passed away,” said Mark Neerman, vice president of news and news director at KPIX. “He died protecting one of our own, a colleague reporting on the very violence that took his life. I know you join me in sending condolences to his family and in sending thanks to Kevin for standing up for us all.”

Nishita was working as a security guard for a KRON television news crew at the time reporting on a recent smash-and-grab robbery at the clothing store Prime 356 that happened Monday night.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2021/11/27/smash-and-grab-looting-news-security-guard-shot-oakland-dies-suspect-vehicle-photo/

3 replies, 916 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply UPDATE: News Crew Security Guard Shot in Oakland Dies From Injuries; Photo of Suspect Vehicle Releas (Original post)
Klaralven Nov 27 OP
Demovictory9 Nov 27 #1
JohnSJ Nov 27 #2
MustLoveBeagles Nov 27 #3

Response to Klaralven (Original post)

Sat Nov 27, 2021, 09:27 PM

1. 😰 so sad

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Klaralven (Original post)

Sat Nov 27, 2021, 10:16 PM

2. Asshole killer