HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Top 10 Conservative Idiot...

Tue Nov 16, 2021, 06:20 PM

Top 10 Conservative Idiots #11-14: Mark Zuckerberg & The Metaverse Of Madness Edition (Lost Edition!

Top 10 Conservative Idiots #11-14: Mark Zuckerberg & The Metaverse Of Madness Edition (The Lost Edition!)

Welcome back to the Top 10 Conservative Idiots! What’s up Chicago? How you guys doing? You doing fucking good? Great! Always a good time to be back in the Windy City! First off, congratulations to the Atlanta Braves for winning the World Series. Houston, cheaters never win. But I want to talk some show business for the monologue this week. We had fun in our Halloween special now it’s time to start counting down to the end of 2021! We have just 5 more Top 10s before the end of this insane year that is 2021. Holy crap it’s been only 11 months but it feels like a damn near eternity! But not only that, we’re just mere weeks away from our 5th anniversary special on 12/5. We will be going through 5 years of the Top 10 plus we’ll have some extra special musical guests who are currently being determined. Yeah I know that we said the Rolling Stones on Twitter, but who am I kidding? They’re not currently available as they’re still selling out massive football stadiums. I went to the Inglewood show and I have to say that I had a blast there and it was truly an amazing show. I am very happy live music is back. But I can assure you that we’ve got some awesome guests lined up through the end of the year. As for the end of the year? We’ve got another appearance for the Wheel Of Corruption lined up – it will be our Nov. 18th edition right before our Thanksgiving break. Then when we come back from Thanksgiving, it’s our 5th anniversary special edition and then we close out the year with our 2021 Year In Review edition. And yes it’s almost December and no, Trump is still not coming back as president. Which I thank every single god in the book for! Thank you Jesus, Buddha, Allah, Muhammed, Krishna, Joseph Smith, Xenu, Confucius, Zeus, Thor, and all of the rest! But that’s what you can expect coming up and for more announcements check the official Top 10 Twitter feed at @10Idiots. OK enough of the intro. We have a lot of idiocy to get to. But first John Oliver is back and he takes down the myths surrounding America’s homeless population:

So where do we begin this week for the one year anniversary of the election of 2020? Well in the number one slot this week is Richard Burr (1). The North Carolina senator is in some extremely hot water for some massive dumps related to COVID and finding out what he knew before the pandemic hit would be a fact worth knowing. In the second slot this week is our favorite flip floppers Joe Manchin and Kristen Sinema (2). Whose side are they on when it comes to the infrastructure bid? I will give you a hint – it’s definitely not our side! In the number 3 slot this week is Facebook (3) which changed it’s name to Meta, because that’s what perfectly innocent non evil companies do! Oh and of course the MAGA morons had to make it about them too. Speaking of MAGA morons, the MAGA moron in chief (4) is in some hot water over his new social media platform “Truth Social” and has even been accused of stealing the source code! That’s something you never do! In the number 5 slot is teenage whackjob and potential murderer Kyle Rittenhouse, and his trial has turned into quite the shit show, because that’s what happens with the MAGA crowd. In the number 6 slot this week is our weekly visit to the Holy Church Of The Top 10 in “Holy Shit” (6) and this week our old favorite punching bag Liberty University is back in the news and they have an insane sex scandal that is obviously a byproduct of hardcore religious fundamentalist teachings. We have some thoughts. In the number 7 slot this week is a new “Beating A Dead Horse” (7) – why do conservatives keep pushing the same bullshit time and time again? Their latest catchphrase is reaching completely ridiculous proportions and they won’t seem to be over it any time soon! In the number 8 slot this week we have a new Conspiracy Corner (8). And this week we’re going to ask the question – is your relative or neighbor a Nazi? We have ways of identifying them and their Facebook page may give away what they really think! In the number 9 (NEIN!!!) slot this week we have a new People Are Dumb (9) because of course they are! Finally this week we have a new edition of Red State Diaries (10) and this week, why are people lining up in Dallas because they think JFK Jr is going to magically appear and confirm that he’s exposing the “deep state”? Well it’s quite insane! Plus we have our good friends the Dropkick Murphys stopping by! Enjoy! And as always don’t forget the key!

[div style="padding: 20px; background-color: #ffffff; border-radius: 10px; box-shadow: 0px 2px 4px 1px #aaa;"][div style="font-family: arial, helvetica; font-weight: bold; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999; padding-bottom: 8px;"]
[font size="8"]Richard Burr
[br] [/font]
[br]

In February of 2020 it was pretty evident that a major pandemic was coming that would change the world as we knew it. But there’s some of us who knew way before the general public knew what the devastating consequences of what was coming were going to affect them. One such person was North Carolina senator Richard Burr. Here’s the thing – we all know that insider trading is illegal. Martha Stewart got arrested for it. And many others got arrested for it as well. So how did a sitting senator dump stock and nothing happened to him? Well it’s going to take quite a lot to sort this mess. Yes we knew things were going to get bad, but we had no idea just how bad they were going to get. And we know that there’s people who got rich off of profiting off COVID-19 stock dumps just prior to the pandemic being declared. Needless to say that there’s going to be a hell of a lot of explaining that will need to be done, and someone’s gonna go to jail for this.

After Sen. Richard Burr of North Carolina dumped more than $1.6 million in stocks in February 2020 a week before the coronavirus market crash, he called his brother-in-law, according to a new Securities and Exchange Commission filing.

They talked for 50 seconds.

Burr, according to the SEC, had material nonpublic information regarding the incoming economic impact of coronavirus.

The very next minute, Burr’s brother-in-law, Gerald Fauth, called his broker.

ProPublica previously reported that Fauth, a member of the National Mediation Board, had dumped stock the same day Burr did. But it was previously unknown that Burr and Fauth spoke that day, and that their contact came just before Fauth began the process of dumping stock himself.

The revelations come as part of an effort by the SEC to force Fauth to comply with a subpoena that the agency said he has stonewalled for more than a year, and which was filed not long after ProPublica’s story.
https://www.propublica.org/article/burrs-brother-in-law-called-stock-broker-one-minute-after-getting-off-phone-with-senator

Yes, holy shit indeed! This is a very stunningly evil move. But now he’s trying to backtrack and say that it wasn’t the conversation he had with his brother or his broker, it was the public news! Yes, the public news was grim at the time but we all know that insider trading is illegal and criminal, and should be punished accordingly! Did you not think that the public was going to find out about this one, did you, Senator? Of course you didn’t.

A week after the February stock sales by Burr and his brother-in-law, stock markets began plunging over fear that the pandemic would cripple the global economy. The Dow Jones Industrial Average lost 30% of its value in the weeks following Burr’s trades.

Burr in March 2020 said, “I relied solely on public news reports to guide my decision regarding the sale of stocks.” He added: “Specifically, I closely followed CNBC’s daily health and science reporting out of its Asia bureaus at the time.”

The FBI seized Burr’s phone in May 2020 as part of a criminal probe of the trades. That move led Burr to step aside as intelligence committee chairman. On Jan. 19, the day before Joe Biden was inaugurated as president, Burr announced that the Justice Department had informed him that it closed its investigation without filing criminal charges against him.

The SEC, in a new filing in its civil case, said that Burr, at 8:45 a.m. on Feb. 13, 2020, called his stockbroker to sell more than $1.65 million worth of stock, “all but one of the equities in his and his wife’s joint individual retirement account ... portfolio.”
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/28/sec-probes-possible-insider-stock-trades-by-sen-richard-burr-relative.html

Here’s the thing, Senator, if you don’t want your phone seized, maybe, I don’t know, don’t do things that would get your phone seized! Just a thought. Also too that’s how you get involved in a probe by the SEC, another thing you probably don’t want happen to you. And the SEC isn’t fucking around with this one either, apparently that whole family might be under investigation. Just who in the Trump / MAGA party isn’t a crook or doing something shady right now? This would be a fact worth knowing.

U.S. Sen. Richard Burr had "material nonpublic information" about the coronavirus and its potential economic impact when he dumped $1.6 million in stock early last year, the Securities and Exchange Commission said in federal court filings this month.

Burr's brother-in-law sold off stock the same day, starting the process a minute after a call from the Republican senator from North Carolina, an SEC investigator said in a court filing, citing phone records.

Burr, who's retiring next year from the Senate, has faced scrutiny for his early pandemic stock trades since ProPublica first reported on them last year – particularly since Burr was assuring the public around the same time about U.S. readiness for a pandemic. The journalism nonprofit broke the latest details Thursday.

A U.S. Department of Justice investigation of the trades ended early this year without charges, but the SEC's inquiry remains, and the commission asked a federal judge late last week to force Burr's brother-in-law, Gerald Fauth, to comply with a subpoena and sit for an interview. Burr's wife is Fauth's sister.
https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/sec-burr-s-brother-in-law-started-stock-dump-a-minute-after-hearing-from-senator/19949045/

Good point, sir! Don’t you put that evil on me! Of course those of us who don’t have stock dumping money can only imagine what must have been going through Sen. Burr’s head. Of course the pandemic related lockdowns were going to have devastating effects on the economy but we didn’t know to what scale. So again we want to know what went on during that one minute conversation and we want to know what the truth was that caused him and other millionaires to dump their stocks. We will definitely be keeping a close eye on this situation!

Attorneys for Burr as well as for Gerald Fauth, who is the brother of Burr’s wife, did not immediately respond to requests for comment. Burr has previously denied any wrongdoing.

The filings stem from a case brought by the SEC to force Fauth to comply with a subpoena. The agency argued that his close relationship with Burr and a phone call between the two, followed by calls to Fauth’s brokers, made his testimony “critical.”

“Whether Fauth was himself tipped with inside information from Senator Burr, and whether Fauth knew Senator Burr was violating his duties under the STOCK Act by conveying that information, are matters Fauth is uniquely positioned to speak to,” the SEC said in a filing.

To bolster their case, SEC attorneys released a timeline of phone calls from Feb. 13, 2020, the day Burr sold off the vast majority of his portfolio. It was roughly one week before the stock market went into a tailspin.
https://triblive.com/news/world/north-carolina-sen-richard-burr-under-investigation-again-for-pandemic-stock-sales/

[div style="padding: 20px; background-color: #ffffff; border-radius: 10px; box-shadow: 0px 2px 4px 1px #aaa;"][div style="font-family: arial, helvetica; font-weight: bold; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999; padding-bottom: 8px;"]
[font size="8"]Joe Manchin And Kristen Sinema
[br] [/font]
[br]

You know how celebrity couples often have combined names that the press loves to use to show off their level of hotness? Like Bennifer for instance? Well we need a name for this Washington DC power couple. I’m of course talking about Joe Manchin and Kristen Sinema. Maybe we could call them, for the record… “Manema”. Though that does sound like a Z-grade monster movie that you’d see on late night TBS. Thank you graphics department! But really all kidding aside, what is Joe Manchin smoking and where might I be able to obtain some? Because he is doing a great job at fucking things up and this might have cost the Dems in Virginia this week. Don’t worry we’ll get to that next week. But this is quickly turning into a game of “anything you can do, I can do better”. No matter what the Dems propose in the new infrastructure bill, Joe is going to oppose it and claim that he can do better than anything that’s being proposed.

Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia said he believed both workers and employers should pay up to kick-start a national paid-leave program.

The Democrat said he could be on board with a paid-leave program but didn't believe it belonged in the social-spending package because Democrats were employing the party-line reconciliation process.

He said it imposed procedural constraints on how he wanted it designed. Warren Gunnels, a top Senate Budget Committee aide for Sen. Bernie Sanders, rejected Manchin's claim on Tuesday that there were impediments from the Senate parliamentarian overseeing the process.

Manchin added that both workers and employers should pay into the measure.

"I think that basically employers and employees should participate," he told Insider. "We have states around this country doing it now. We have countries around the world doing it, and it seems to work very well and does not put a burden on anybody."
https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-manchin-paid-leave-workers-democrats-congress-biden-2021-11

Yeah that is pretty much what this is like. And I’m betting that he didn’t even read the proposed spending bill because it’s already been decided that he’s against it. It’s like really whose side is he on because he might as well just slap an R next to his name and get it over with. Yeah I’m sure that the MAGAs would love that. But of course he’s going there because hey you’ve got job security, why not just stall and obstruct for the next four years?

Efforts to pressure Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) to express support for President Biden's massive social safety net expansion prompted him to make his two dramatic declarations: don't rush the package, and don't link it to the separate infrastructure bill, people familiar with the matter tell Axios.

Why it matters: Manchin's surprise press statement Monday didn't just disrupt the glide path to a vote envisioned by House leaders; it created a PR nightmare for the White House. He said the $1.75 trillion package was financed by "shell games" — Manchin believes it will cost closer to $3.9 trillion.

That estimate comes from the Penn Wharton Budget model, which has been helping Manchin sort through how much each program costs. It includes easily digestible tables, showing the costs per year and over the usual 10-year window.

The same experts estimated last week that the revenue increases Biden proposes to finance the spending — which the White House put at $1.9 trillion — may only generate closer to $1.5 trillion.
https://news.yahoo.com/manchin-trashes-social-spending-package-002625834.html

Yeah the Dems are the adults and Manchin is pretty much the kid who says that he can do things better than they can. Now as we were putting together this week’s edition, Glenn Youngkin inexplicably defeated Terry McAuliffe to become the new governor of Virginia and we’ll get to that next week. So naturally the press for some reason wanted to know what Joe Manchin’s thoughts on the election were, and of course he’s going to be moving back the goalposts like the raging psychopath that he is.

Centrist Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), who has slowed down negotiations on a massive $1.75 trillion reconciliation package, says the “unbelievable” Republican victories in Virginia’s statewide races Tuesday validate his concerns about inflation and moving the Build Back Better Act too quickly through Congress.

Manchin said that GOP gubernatorial candidate Glenn Youngkin’s victory in a state that President Biden won by 10 points in 2020 also underscores the need for the House to pass the $1 trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill, which progressives are holding up.

“It’s unbelievable to see what went on in Virginia and not just from the governor’s race but all the way down that ticket a good bit of change has happened,” Manchin said, expressing astonishment over Republican victories in the races for governor, lieutenant governor and attorney general.

He cautioned that his Democratic colleagues need to take Tuesday’s election results as a warning and proceed more carefully with the reconciliation package that Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Speaker Pelosi (D-Calif.) are racing to pass as soon as possible.
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/579850-manchin-says-unbelievable-virginia-results-validate-concerns-over-spending

That’s a more accurate analogy – the Democrats are Charlie Brown attempting to kick the football and Joe Manchin and Kristen Sinema are Lucy who pull it away at the last second and then gloat at the failed attempt. But of course in the “friends like these, who needs enemies” column, there’s our old frenemy Joe Lieberman. Don’t boo yet. But I’m not at all surprised that the guy who made life difficult for Bill Clinton is the same guy who’s applauding the two who are making life difficult for Joe Biden. Cue the epic facepalm.

Former Connecticut Sen. Joe Lieberman, a longtime Democrat, now an independent known in recent years for his advocacy on behalf of the dark-money group No Labels, is urging Sens. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., and Kyrsten Sinema, D-Ariz., to keep obstructing the Build Back Better legislation that has stalled in the Democratic-controlled Congress.

At a recent event promoting his new book, Lieberman reflected proudly on his actions from over a decade ago, when he worked to kill the public option during the Obama-era Affordable Care Act legislative debates. The move stopped what would have been a small but important step toward establishing universal health care.

“I stepped out on it because I felt strongly about it,” Lieberman said. “The White House did take it out as a result of my position.”

The former senator made the remarks Friday during a long, wide-ranging conversation with public radio network WAMC’s Joe Donahue on his new book “The Centrist Solution: How We Made Government Work and Can Make It Work Again.” During the chat, Lieberman discussed his role in ACA negotiations and his work with No Labels, which has sought to constrain the Build Back Better bill. The current makeup and hyperpartisan politics of the Senate give members of the ruling party outsize power in shaping legislation, but the razor-thin Democratic majority means that the party needs every member on board. “For people, let’s say on a more progressive or liberal side of the party, if they want to get anything done, they’ve got to get Manchin and Sinema,” Lieberman said.
https://theintercept.com/2021/11/03/joe-lieberman-build-back-better-manchin-sinema/

[font size="8"]The Meta Corporation
[br] [/font]
[br]

Remember that episode of Parks & Recreation where Ron shot down the drone because it had gathered too much personal information about him? I feel like that’s where this planet is headed. It may be a satirical show but isn’t really that far off from reality. But the reason I bring that up is because everyone’s favorite evil corporation is back in the news – Facebook. And it’s a punching bag for both the right and the left. The right hates Facebook because they keep getting banned for posting racist and abusive content. The left hates Facebook because of the fact that Facebook invades people’s privacy by selling their content to advertisers, who know way too much about us. Which is why Facebook is changing its’ name. So what are they changing their name to, you might ask? Well I answer you, sir or madam, they are changing its’ name to – META. Which apparently stands for “Make Everything Trump Again”. No it doesn’t but we’ll get back to that in a minute.

Facebook was rushed into the Meta rebrand to deflect press from whistleblower Frances Haugen's testimony that the social media giant disregarded user safety in the pursuit of profit, early Facebook investor Roger McNamee said.

“In the absence of Frances Haugen I don’t think there is a chance that Facebook would have done this rebranding or this emphasis on the Meta now,” McNamee said Wednesday at the Web Summit in Lisbon, Portugal.

McNamee was referring to the recent rebrand of Facebook’s parent company to Meta, which CEO Mark Zuckerberg claims will encompass the work the tech giant has done in building out a VR-enabled “metaverse.” McNamee calls the timing of the announcement opportunistic and says it was something Facebook's leaders were forced into by Haugen's claims in “an attempt to change the subject."

"It did not work,” he added.

Roger McNamee was an early investor in Facebook and was played a key role in such decisions at Facebook as turning down Yahoo’s buyout offer for $1 billion dollars in 2006, as well as its hiring of Sheryl Sandberg in 2008. He invested $210 million in the firm in 2009, just two years before its IPO.
https://fortune.com/2021/11/03/facebook-rushed-meta-rebrand-roger-macnamee-nick-clegg-web-summit-mark-zuckerberg/

So because I love the MCU so much, let’s call this piece, for the sake of it, Mark Zuckerberg and the Metverse of Madness. Thank you graphics department. But in case you were wondering, the name change from Facebook to Meta hasn’t exactly got what one would call “the best received welcome” and instead of a standing ovation, they probably got that one guy in the back who’s coughing. So yeah let that one sink in, Mark.

Wall Street isn't exactly hopping aboard Facebook's plan to explore the metaverse. Shares in the social networking company fell to a five-month low on Thursday — the same day CEO Mark Zuckerberg outlined its new direction at the company's annual developer conference.

Although Facebook's strategic shift could eventually pay dividends, it "will take years to come to fruition while coming at a steep price," CFRA analyst Angelo Zino told investors in a report. Investment bank Raymond James also dropped its price target on the company's stock to $410, although it maintained a "buy" rating.

Such caution is warranted. Even true believers in Facebook, which last week officially rechristened itself as Meta to underscore the company's new mission, will likely have to wait years before seeing any return on what is sure to require a massive investment as the company pivots toward what it bills as the internet's next stage.

Bank of America analysts estimate that Facebook could have to sink as much as $50 billion into virtual reality, augmented reality and other building blocks for the emerging metaverse before it even breaks even. The scale of Facebook's metaverse push poses a "risk of capital destruction," they wrote, warning of the "potential loss of focus on core business" such as Instagram and Facebook as well as competition from Apple or other hardware companies.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/metaverse-facebook-wall-street-risks/

Yeah Mark Zuckerberg isn’t exactly Dr. Strange here. Of course here could be a prime time for a new social media company to come in and sweep users from Facebook and the Metaverse, but considering the competition that’s probably not happening,. And I love that people are comparing this to when former Laker Ron Artest changed his name to Metta World Peace, because we all know what a perfectly sane and logical move that was, and how much that helped his career.

In 2011, professional basketball player Ron Artest changed his name to Metta World Peace. “As I started to evolve as a person and things started to influence my life, I started to fall in love with meditation and Zen and Indian culture” Metta Sandiford-Artest (his name now) said in 2019.

The basketball world scratched its collective head at the change. At the time, Artest was growing out of years of developing a reputation for belligerence (as well as top-notch defense). He had once punched a Detroit Pistons fan who had come onto the court to confront him. For years he was the most likely player on any court to draw a technical foul.

Now the entire world is scratching its head over Facebook changing its company name to “Meta,” a prefix derived from the Greek word for “after” or “beyond.”

CEO Mark Zuckerberg, who studied Latin and Roman antiquity in prep school, opted against the Latin equivalent, “post,” most likely to avoid conflating a global surveillance and advertising company notorious for undermining democracy and human rights with a noted breakfast cereal brand or Washington, D.C.-based newspaper.
https://slate.com/technology/2021/11/meta-facebook-zuckerberg-metaverse-vision.html

Of course I was being sarcastic there! But what isn’t funny is that there’s another company with the name Meta that is trying to trademark the name. And of course this couldn’t have come at a worse time for Facebook. It’s not really the money, they probably have this much between their couch cushions. I wish I had that problem but I don’t. Anyway this whole exchange might be my favorite part of this story and don’t expect it to go away anytime soon!

In 2011, professional basketball player Ron Artest changed his name to Metta World Peace. “As I started to evolve as a person and things started to influence my life, I started to fall in love with meditation and Zen and Indian culture” Metta Sandiford-Artest (his name now) said in 2019.

The basketball world scratched its collective head at the change. At the time, Artest was growing out of years of developing a reputation for belligerence (as well as top-notch defense). He had once punched a Detroit Pistons fan who had come onto the court to confront him. For years he was the most likely player on any court to draw a technical foul.

Now the entire world is scratching its head over Facebook changing its company name to “Meta,” a prefix derived from the Greek word for “after” or “beyond.”

CEO Mark Zuckerberg, who studied Latin and Roman antiquity in prep school, opted against the Latin equivalent, “post,” most likely to avoid conflating a global surveillance and advertising company notorious for undermining democracy and human rights with a noted breakfast cereal brand or Washington, D.C.-based newspaper.
https://slate.com/technology/2021/11/meta-facebook-zuckerberg-metaverse-vision.html

[font size="8"]Truth Social
[br] [/font]
[br]

Last week, we talked about how Former Guy plans to launch his own social media network, complete with blackjack! And hookers! But not long after speculators soon began pondering how long it would be before a social media app that got Former Guy’s endorsement it got hacked – we can rest assured that it was not long! Hell not even before the site got off the ground did it get hacked. And can the republicans just admit that they suck at cyber security? But now that that’s over with a grifter like Trump has got to keep the grift going. I mean come on, he’s had mail order steaks fail, airlines fail, vodka fail, hotels fail, a fake university fail, I can only imagine this will be his latest in a long list of failures. But just like any high risk venture, Trump could quite literally make it all – or lose it all. And personally after seeing last week how they expect to get 75 million posters? Hell I bet they don’t even get 1/10 of that, and even 1/10th of that staying before people realize “this sucks, let’s go back to Youtube”.

Any minute now, a test version of Donald Trump’s new social media site, Truth Social, is due to go live. Plenty of questions remain about this confusing and ambitious venture, but you can bet it will be bombastic and self-absorbed. Look for score-settling with Silicon Valley to emerge as a major theme. And, of course, the former president is seeking to recover the ubiquitous digital presence he enjoyed before Twitter, Facebook and YouTube barred him in the aftermath of the Jan. 6 insurrection.

“For me, this endeavor is about much more than politics. This is about saving our country,” Trump says on the homepage of Trump Media & Technology Group, the new company behind Truth Social. “I might be the only person in America with the megaphone, the resources, the experience, and the desire to make it all happen.”

But judging from early marketing, the main way the former president plans to “save” the country is by lashing out at Twitter and Facebook. “We find ourselves being censored and dictated to by a small group of self-righteous scolds and self-appointed arbiters of what everyone else is allowed to think, say, share, and do,” he says. Truth Social “will challenge the dominance of the Big Tech giants and Big Media bosses.”

This message meshes with broader warnings about liberal “cancel culture” and the supposed persecution of conservatives, which are popular on Fox News and almost certainly would animate a potential 2024 Trump presidential run.
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/trump-s-truth-social-platform-could-make-millions-or-go-ncna1282853

Now, now. Before we can gloat let’s keep in mind that the site hasn’t failed yet but considering that they are pretty lax in the cybersecurity department let’s say it’s only a matter of time before it does. But like everything that Trump touches this one is almost bound to fail – and it looks like it won’t last very long, but that’s something to expect when it’s associated with the Trump brand. I’ve said it before and I will say it again – everything that Trump touches dies!

Former President Donald Trump's upcoming social media network has already had its' fair share of problems, including hackers breaking into the site to post a photo of a defecating pig.

And several social media experts told the Daily Beast that things might only get worse.

Described by reporters Adam Rawnsley and Shannon Vavra as a "hacker's wet dream," experts say that Truth Social, set to launch in 2022, is showing early warning signs of failure.

"These new platforms have to try and learn all of the lessons of running a social network in a compressed time scale, so they tend to miss a lot of stuff," said David Thiel, the chief technical officer at Stanford Internet Observatory, during an interview with the Daily Beast.

"And a lot of times, the people that are implementing this haven't been at a company that has had a significant trust and safety operation, so they just don't know the things they're going to be facing," Thiel continued.
https://www.businessinsider.com/trumps-truth-social-is-headed-for-embarrassing-failures-experts-2021-10

Yeah not only is Trump a pathetic loser and this little experiment of his is doomed to fail, but he might not even be able to get it off the ground! It turns out that the source code for Truth Social may have been – wait for it – stolen! That’s right! Not only is Trump a liar but he’s also a thief! And we’re honestly not surprised by either one. But of course now it’s time to pay up or shut up, and right now they’re choosing to shut up, which probably says that they are guilty. Of something. What it is, we don’t know.

Former President Donald Trump's not yet launched social networking site could have its software license revoked in 30 days if it does not make its source code public, Mastodon warned in a Friday blog post.

Trump announced his new social media site, Truth Social, last week, touting the platform as a new beacon of free expression online. Truth Social's terms of use claim that "all" its source code is its "proprietary property," but users quickly noticed that the site clearly used Mastodon code.

Mastodon is an open-source social media framework that aims to allow people to create online platforms without relying on big tech. However, its AGPLv3 license requires users to make the source code and any modifications public. In the Friday blog post, Mastodon's founder, Eugen Rochko, said that his company had warned Truth Social that its license could be permanently revoked within a month if it does not comply with this requirement.

"On Oct 26, we sent a formal letter to Truth Social's chief legal officer, requesting the source code to be made publicly available in compliance with the license. According to AGPLv3, after being notified by the copyright holder, Truth Social has 30 days to comply or the license may be permanently revoked," Rochko wrote.
https://www.newsweek.com/trumps-truth-social-could-have-software-license-revoked-unless-source-code-made-public-1644036

Oh you know it! And speaking of being a loser, not only are governments and advertisers pondering whether to jump on the platform (they shouldn’t), it turns out that some of the brokage deals they have been turning to may have been fraudulent! See Trump is so desperate to raise cash that he’s obviously bypassing SEC regulations and going through some shady back channels. Because that’s exactly what perfectly legitimate businesses do. Ask the mafia.

“Financial markets are premised on trust,” Mike Stegemoller, a finance professor at Baylor University who studies SPACs, told the Times. “If these disclosures are not true, no one wants to participate in markets that aren’t fair.”

Lawyers for Trump Media & Technology Group didn’t respond to the Times’ requests for comment. A spokesperson for Trump referred questions to the company, whose representatives, including Moss and Litinsky, did not return requests for comment.

Trump, of course, has a long history of being a deeply shady businessman whose years of cons may soon be catching up to him. According to a 2018 Pulitzer Prize–winning investigation from The New York Times, the Queens-born real estate developer “participated in dubious tax schemes during the 1990s, including instances of outright fraud.” In 2016, he paid a whopping $25 million to settle lawsuits brought against Trump University, a gigantic sum for someone who maintained the whole enterprise was legit. In 2019, he paid $2 million for scamming charities through his Trump Foundation, which was shut down for a “pattern of illegality.” And, of course, his company, the Trump Organization, was charged with a cornucopia of crimes in July, including conspiracy, and multiple counts of tax fraud and falsifying records, for which it has, naturally, pleaded not guilty. So yeah, the idea that Trump would engage in behavior that wasn’t entirely on the up and up is…completely in keeping with what we know about the guy!
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/11/donald-trump-truth-social-spac-securities-laws

[font size="8"]Kyle Rittenhouse
[br] [/font]
[br]

OK, here me out. Our official stance of the Top 10 is that elections have consequences. It doesn’t matter if it’s a school board position, city comptroller, a judge, state representative, Congressional representative, senator, and especially the president. Because everything in politics has a ripple effect and you can see how actions have consequences. Exhibit A: MAGA cretin and potential mass murderer Kyle Rittenhouse. The last time we checked in with this murderous psychopath was in Idiots #10-3 when he was caught hanging out with white supremacists. Well since then his murder case has gone to trial and it’s exactly the shit show that everyone thought it would be. I mean come on, we’re watching MAGA family values in action. But when we say actions have consequences, this is what we get. We get judges who aren’t sure if the people who were murdered by the guy who crossed state lines with an unregistered and loaded submachine gun were victims or not! That’s right – this is the kind of thing that the MAGA crowd simply eats up and they just flat out don’t care about the people who were murdered!

Judge Bruce Schroeder, who's presiding over Kyle Rittenhouse's double murder case, set some ground rules on how lawyers can refer to the men Rittenhouse forcibly evicted from existence last summer. After the prosecution and defense made their last-minute motions, Judge Schroeder ruled that no one can refer to the three men Rittenhouse shot as “victims."

"The word 'victim' is a loaded, loaded word," he said. "'Alleged victim' is a cousin to it."
“Victim" isn't a loaded word. What's loaded was the assault-style rifle he used to shoot three people. “Alleged victim" is literally the point of the trial. Rittenhouse is alleged to have committed first-degree intentional homicide, first-degree reckless homicide, and attempted first-degree intentional reckless homicide. (He's also charged with violating the city's temporary 7 p.m. curfew.) These charges, excluding the curfew violation, require victims, human beings who'd still be alive and/or unmaimed today if not for Rittenhouse.

So, how can the prosecution and defense refer to the people Rittenhouse mowed down like dogs? Judge Schroeder is fine with rioters, looters, and arsonists. Those descriptors apparently have no negative connotations. They probably turn up all the time in marriage vows.

The judge said, "If more than one of them were engaged in arson, rioting, looting, I'm not going to tell the defense you can't call them that, “ to which I must retort, “Huh?" How can the defense prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the victims (fuck you, your honor) had committed these crimes? The jury came to see The Trial Of Kyle Rittenhouse. This is an entirely separate production the judge is trying to greenlight.

https://www.wonkette.com/judge-not-sure-if-men-kyle-rittenhouse-shot-are-victims-or-satisfied-bullet-recipients

Oh and we’re not done ,yet, ladies and gentlemen! But once again our reckless gun policies brought to us by the National Rifle Association are what got us here in the first place. Because Wisconsin allows guns to be used for self-defense. So what does Rittenhouse plan to do? He plans to call in an expert witness on the subject! Oh gee… what could possibly go wrong there? Given that the right shuns expert advice from actual experts in favor of nutjobs and quacks, like we saw at the height of COVID, you can bet that this is going to be a disaster.

Kyle Rittenhouse will be back in a Kenosha County, Wisconsin, courtroom Tuesday seeking permission to call an expert witness on self-defense when his murder trial begins next month.

Such testimony is critical to Rittenhouse’s defense, as his lawyers will attempt to convince a jury that the teenager believed he had to shoot three people that night in order to prevent his own death or serious injury.

Similar to other states, Wisconsin law allows people to use guns to defend themselves against serious threats, but there are exceptions to that right. In order for Rittenhouse to legally justify killing two people and wounding a third, his attorneys must prove that he exhausted other chances to flee and had a reasonable fear for his own safety.

Rittenhouse, then 17, shot three people in downtown Kenosha with an AR-15-style rifle that police say a friend illegally purchased for him. Despite not being old enough to openly carry a gun, Rittenhouse took it upon himself to patrol the southeast Wisconsin town amid the turmoil surrounding the shooting of Jacob Blake, a Black man, by a white police officer in August 2020.

Rittenhouse’s defense attorneys say their expert, John R. Black, will give jurors a frame-by-frame breakdown of the shootings and offer an explanation for Rittenhouse’s actions amid the chaotic scene.
https://nordot.app/818169766744883200?c=592622757532812385

Yeah probably. Not only do you have the worst attorneys possible there’s also a chance that they could be massive racist douchebags! That’s right – of course it’s all fun and games until the N word is uttered, just ask Randy Marsh his feelings on the subject! God I love South Park. Look, judging from the last time we saw this nitwit, we know he hangs out with the Proud Boys. But I would expect this kind of racist BS coming from Lin Wood, but yeah… I guess I had higher standards than that!

Kyle Rittenhouse's defense attorney said the N-word twice in court on Tuesday during opening statements in a trial that will focus on whether the teen was justified in shooting three men during racial unrest in Kenosha, Wisconsin, last year.

Rittenhouse is charged in the fatal shootings of two men and injury of a third after going to Kenosha on the night of August 25, 2020. His lawyer said Rittenhouse wanted to help protect a local business amid the unrest in response to the police shooting of Jacob Blake, a Black man.

While Kenosha County Assistant District Attorney Thomas Binger said in his opening statements that Rittenhouse's use of force was unnecessary, Mark Richards, a member of Rittenhouse's defense team, said the teen had been forced to defend himself from Joseph Rosenbaum, one of the slain men.

To drive home his point, Richards showed the jury a clip that depicts Rosenbaum taunting others on the night of his death.
https://www.insider.com/kyle-rittenhouse-trial-opening-statements-2021-11

But of course this is exactly why we here in the United States Of America can’t have nice things – it’s because of our reckless gun policies and the fact that there’s almost literally no remorse or guilt shown by the people who use them. This trial is going to get ugly and it’s precisely why we state that actions have consequences. I wish this were a funny entry but this is making me so fucking angry that I can’t get past it. Don’t worry we’ll get to the Youngkin election next week.

Kyle Rittenhouse attends a pre-trial hearing at the Kenosha County Courthouse in Kenosha, Wis., on Monday, Oct. 25, 2021. A Wisconsin judge laid out the final ground rules Monday on what evidence will be allowed when Rittenhouse goes on trial next week for shooting three people during a protest against police brutality in August 2020. (Mark Hertzberg/Pool Photo via AP)

When Kyle Rittenhouse goes on trial Monday for shooting three men during street protests in Wisconsin that followed the police shooting of Jacob Blake last summer, he’ll argue that he fired in self-defense.

Legal experts say under Wisconsin law he has a strong case. What’s less clear is whether prosecutors will be able to persuade the jury that Rittenhouse created a deadly situation by showing up in Kenosha with an AR-style semiautomatic rifle — and that in doing so he forfeited his claim to self-defense.

Rittenhouse, 18, of Antioch, Illinois, faces six counts including homicide charges in the Aug. 25, 2020, deaths of Joseph Rosenbaum and Anthony Huber, and he could face life in prison if convicted of the most serious charge.

Rittenhouse, then 17, was among people who traveled to Kenosha after calls went out on social media to come bearing weapons to protect the city from damaging protests that followed a white police officer shooting Blake, a Black man, in the back on Aug. 23. (A prosecutor later cleared the officer, ruling that Blake was turning toward the officer with a knife.)
https://apnews.com/article/wisconsin-shootings-homicide-kenosha-jacob-blake-620ad5801a29c986b658f6a74d3f9649

But yeah this could very well be headed for a bad court thingy, in which case this will be a victory for the MAGA side, and yeah we don’t want them to get a victory for this one. Because it will enable the gun nuts and make their cases to murder protestors that much fucking stronger. But at least we know who bought the gun for him to use and this should be the deciding factor in this case. However with judges like these… excuse me while I go bang my head against the wall for a minute.

Opening arguments began Tuesday in the trial of Kyle Rittenhouse, the teenager charged with homicide in the shooting deaths of two people amid unrest in Kenosha, Wisconsin, in 2020. Meanwhile, in Charlottesville, Virginia, people injured in the violence at the deadly 2017 “Unite the Right” rally are in court with a suit against many of the organizers, in a trial that has itself become a spectacle.

Both trials will be closely watched in the national press, but I wondered about a more specific audience: the far-right fringe groups who have latched on to both events as bellwethers of their movements. Colin Clarke, a former professor at Carnegie Mellon, is an expert in counterextremism, and we’ve talked previously about how holding some of these groups to account—especially with the prosecutions of many involved in the Jan. 6 riot—has sent a chill through their ranks. Clarke himself recently provided research to the House related to Jan. 6 that he conducted with the Soufan Center, where he is a senior research fellow. With these trials and events back in the news, I called Clarke to describe the evolving far-right chatter about them—and what is likely to come next no matter the verdicts. Our conversation has been condensed and edited for clarity.
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/11/kyle-rittenhouse-trial-verdict-right-wing-reaction.html

[font size="8"]Holy Shit: Liberty University SNAFU
[br] [/font]
[br]

Gather around my fair brothers and sisters! It’s time to take a seat in the pew and pass the collection plate, for the Holy Church Of The Top 10 has convened and it’s time to remind you that the holiest among us are the most full of:

My fair congregation! You know I seem to recall that this time last year I was reporting on yet another scandal to be associated with our favorite punching bag, Liberty University ( see: Idiots #9-9 ). But once again it seems that they can’t help themselves. I mean what is it with people who are that far to the right and sex? It’s criminally insane. But once again, you can only fool some people for some of the time. Not us. Because we’ve been keeping track of the “Christian” university that’s become a breeding ground for supporters of the unholy Dark One from day one. The thing is though when you start equating all of these scandals, is Liberty University really a place that you want your children attending? Only if their goal is to wind up on a sex offender registry list after losing the GOP vote for a state senate position. There’s nothing funny we can make about this so we won’t try. Instead we will just watch in the sheer unrelenting horror that is that shit show:

The conservative Christian institution, already rocked by scandal of former president Jerry Falwell, faces claims by dozens of women and questions about its political activity

“I feel the Lord moving here,” remarks a visitor looking over Liberty University’s Disney World-tidy campus toward the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains in Virginia.

But other, more temporal matters, none godly, now hang over the once powerful evangelical institution founded in 1971 by the television preacher Jerry Falwell Sr, the Baptist minister who, eight years later, created the Moral Majority that mobilized the Christian right to the services of the Republican party.

Jerry Falwell Jr resigned in the wake of an extortion scandal last year.
Liberty University sues scandal-hit ex-president Jerry Falwell Jr for $10m
Read more

For decades Liberty has been a power-broker on the right of American politics and a bulwark of social conservatism but a succession of scandals now threatens a university that requires that students follow The Liberty Way, a student honor code that prohibits sexual relations outside of “a biblically-ordained marriage between a natural-born man and a natural-born woman”.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/oct/31/liberty-university-handling-sexual-assault-claims

Of course he is! Because that’s what you get when you side with the Unholy Dark One, he is the enemy of all that is good in the world! He is so foul, so vile, and so evil and so depraved and sinful that he breaks every rule in our Good Book and the Holy Shit Guide To Life! He is certainly not what the good LAWRD JAYSUS would have in mind now is it? And it’s especially awkward when an actual university is calling you out for your bullshit at that!

A former Liberty University Title IX investigator who is now working at Baylor University seemed uninterested and dismissive of sexual assault reports from at least two Liberty students four years ago, according to a ProPublica report.

One of the students claims that “she felt punched in the stomach” by the insensitivity of Elysa Bucci’s questions and reported that photos of her bruises and abrasions from the sexual assault were excluded from her file because Bucci told her that they were “too explicit.”

Later, the student said, Bucci asked her to sign a document acknowledging that she could have violated school policy against drinking alcohol and fraternizing with members of the opposite sex.

The claims of the two students appear hauntingly familiar to those of former Baylor students who were sexually assaulted, including assaults by former members of the Baylor football team and a former fraternity president at an off-campus residence known as the “Phi Delt Ranch.” The sexual assault scandal catapulted Baylor into the national spotlight, spawned investigations and lawsuits and cost former Baylor football coach Art Briles and former Baylor President Ken Starr their jobs in May 2016.
https://wacotrib.com/news/local/liberty-students-critical-of-baylor-title-ix-investigator/article_efd24ab0-382b-11ec-b63f-5fcf1629b97b.html

Oh yeah probably, miss! Now you might be wondering how did Liberty University get here? Well we can almost certainly tell you that it didn’t just happen overnight. It’s a scandal that’s been brewing over years. And it starts at the top. When your founders are in bed with the Dark One, you can almost guarantee that they’re up to something shady too. Because of course when they get caught with their pants down, they always deny it.

Jerry Falwell Jr. is asking a court in Virginia to dismiss a lawsuit Liberty University filed over his headline-grabbing departure last year as leader of the evangelical school his father founded.

Falwell claims in a court filing that much of Liberty's suit serves only to keep shaming him after a provocative photo of him came to light and revelations surfaced of his wife’s extramarital affair, The News & Advance in Lynchburg reported Thursday.

Falwell claims the suit focuses on his wife’s personal life while not addressing his “actions as the leader of Liberty.”

“The rehashing of these events and protected defamation of Falwell through litigation serves one mission — ruining Falwell’s reputation through mischaracterization of events and public shaming through out-of-context pictures filed in a public complaint,” according to Tuesday’s filing in Lynchburg Circuit Court.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jerry-falwell-jr-wants-liberty-university-lawsuit-dismissed-says-it-n1269739

Wait, what’s Mr. Burns doing in church? I thought he said that religion is one of the demons you must slay in order to become a successful businessman. Anyway, Jerry is part of the reason why Liberty University is in the clusterfuck of a mess that it is in now. For like I said when you get in bed with the Unholy Dark One, you are probably guilty of committing a crime yourself. No matter what the crime, because he’s guilty of about 10,000,000 crimes. And even Liberty themselves is not above the law, even that of JAYSUS!

A Lynchburg judge has upheld most of a lawsuit Liberty University filed against its former leader, Jerry Falwell Jr., after an acrimonious parting last year. The lawsuit survived its first round of legal challenges Friday as Falwell's attorneys argued motions seeking its dismissal before Lynchburg Circuit Judge Fred Watson, The News & Advance reported.

Falwell’s departure from the evangelical school in Virginia founded by his father came after Giancarlo Granda, a younger business partner of the Falwell family, said he had a yearslong sexual relationship with Falwell’s wife, Becki Falwell, and that Jerry Falwell participated in some of the liaisons as a voyeur. Falwell denied the report. Falwell has alleged Granda extorted the family, which Granda denied.

Liberty claims Falwell crafted a “well-resourced exit strategy” from his role as president and chancellor at the school in the form of a lucrative 2019 employment agreement while withholding damaging information about the personal scandal that exploded into public view the following year. The agreement included a raise, which Falwell has said amounted to $250,000, and a $2.5 million severance package.

The lawsuit demanding at least $10 million alleged that Falwell breached fiduciary duties to the school and entered into a business conspiracy against it. Fiduciary duties don’t include disclosures of personal issues, even embarrassing ones, Vernon Inge, a lawyer representing Falwell, argued Friday. Falwell couldn’t be engaged in a business conspiracy with Granda against the university when the men were at odds, he argued.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/judge-upholds-liberty-universitys-suit-falwell-79191930

Of course it has! Is it any wonder why atheism is the fastest growing religion in America? We’ll definitely keep an eye on this scandal and many more to come! Mass has ended, may you go in peace! That’s it this week for:

[font size="8"]Beating A Dead Horse
[br] [/font]
[br]

Look do we really need to do two segments on this topic? I’m already sick of talking about it, but this is the very textbook definition of “Beating A Dead Horse”. And come on when the halls of Congress are infected with this crap and your creepy uncle’s Facebook page in human form, Marjorie Taylor Greene uses this meme, you know it’s officially gone overkill. But that said you probably don’t even know what I am talking about. If you don’t know what the Let’s Go Brandon meme is by now, just go look up last week’s Top 10 for an explanation. But the reason why we keep talking about it is that since last week’s edition aired, it’s just got stupid. I mean where do we even start? Do we start with human meme Marjorie Taylor Greene or do we start with the Southwest Airlines flub? No really, Marjorie Taylor Greene is what would happen if your creepy uncle’s Facebook memes leaped off the screen and came to life and took human form. But that said let’s talk about the Southwest flub first. I mean come on, if I’m on your airplane, let’s leave politics out of my flight and fly the damn plane, OK?

A Southwest Airlines pilot is under investigation after he allegedly used a phrase used as a way of swearing at President Joe Biden.

The incident happened Friday on a flight out of Houston. The pilot was finishing his announcement when he used the phrase, "Let's go Brandon."

An Associated Press reporter on the flight said there were audible gasps from passengers after the pilot ended the announcement.

The phrase "Let's go Brandon" has been growing in right-wing circles, and now the seemingly upbeat sentiment -- actually a stand-in for swearing at President Joe Biden -- is everywhere.
https://abc13.com/lets-go-brandon-on-flight-southwest-airline-pilot-under-investigation/11186674/

Yeah it’s certifiably nuts and I want to talk about Southwest Airlines and even the scuffle over vaccine mandates, but we’ll save that for a future Beating A Dead Horse. Instead let’s keep going on the Let’s Go Brandon meme. Whenever the right does something they tend to run it into the ground, which was the basis for this segment anyways . But here’s the thing – while this is the flavor of the month among the right, would you really want to pay daily fines over flying this message above your house?

A Florida homeowner has run afoul of local county code enforcement officials thanks to his massive political banners.

Marvin Peavy, of Seagrove Beach, has hung two, almost three-story-tall Trump banners on his house, stating “Trump Won” and “Let’s Go Brandon.”

One banner asserts the falsehood that Donald Trump won the 2020 presidential election, a conspiracy theory put forward by hardline and far-right supporters. The other banner is a coded expletive aimed at President Joe Biden.

Walton County Code Enforcement is now fining him for each day he displays the banners, which he said violates his right to free speech.
https://wgntv.com/news/man-faces-daily-fines-for-large-trump-won-and-lets-go-brandon-banners-outside-his-home/

Yeah seriously shut up! Trump lost and he was impeached twice. Do you really want to support such a three timing loser like that guy? And you know it’s officially jumped the shark when GOP congressional people get in on the joke. Seriously, Fox News ruins everything they touch even this mild bit of what passes for GOP “humor”. But if you follow this show, we all know how stupid, mean, and insensitive conservative “comedy” really is.

South Carolina Republican Jeff Duncan is making headlines for a face mask worn this week on the floor of the House of Representatives — and emblazoned with "let's go Brandon," a seemingly benign phrase that serves as coded reference to profane criticism of President Joe Biden.

The backstory is a bit convoluted, but the phrase is basically a stand-in for "f--- Joe Biden," a chant that has become increasingly popular among conservatives who see the president as political vulnerable in the wake of the end of the Afghanistan war and as he continues trying to pass his domestic agenda through Congress.

A spokesperson for Rep. Duncan, who has been in office since 2011, said in a statement sent to PEOPLE that the Congressman wore the mask as a representation at American's anger at, among other things, inflation, problems at the border, and vaccine mandates.

"The whole 'Let's Go Brandon' trend acknowledges the mainstream media's constant shilling for an Administration that is responsible for all of these things — and only in 10 months. Americans are fed up, and we're making our voices heard," the statement read, in part.
https://people.com/politics/gop-lawmaker-wears-lets-go-brandon-mask-on-the-house-floor/

Seriously! And you know it’s even worse when the Former Guy is in on the joke. Because let’s face it, that man has no sense of humor. I mean come on, he sued a fucking comedy show for making fun of him, because that’s what comedy shows do. Nobody tell him about our show! But when a small group at the World Series began chanting it, Trump was seen laughing at the “joke” like the abusive psychopath that he is. Because nothing is funnier than saying “HEY! Fuck that other guy!”.

Former President Donald Trump attracts attention anywhere he goes, with anything he does or just about anything he says. Saturday was no different during Game 4 of the World Series between the Houston Astros and Atlanta Braves, where Trump and his wife Melania were in attendance,

Game 4 was at Truist Park in Atlanta, and the former president was seen in videos doing the controversial "Tomahawk Chop" with Braves fans. Also, a group of fans near Trump began chanting, "Let's go Brandon" several times, and Trump was seen in a Tik Tok video laughing during the chant.

By Monday night, the video had already received more than 9 million views, and that number should keep climbing as long as the video stays online.

Why is that chant significant? The "Let's go Brandon" chant is something that originated from early October after NASCAR driver Brandon Brown won the Xfinity Series race in Talladega, Alabama. As he was being interviewed by sportscaster Kelli Stavas, a group of fans in the background began yelling, "F*** Joe Biden!" several times.
https://www.newsweek.com/video-trump-laughing-during-lets-go-brandon-chant-world-series-viewed-18m-times-1644335

[font size="8"]Conspiracy Corner: Backyard Nazis
[br] [/font]
[br]

Welcome back to our segment that attempts to explain the unexplainable, Conspiracy Corner! We tackle everything from UFOs to the Illuminati to the JFK assassination to why there’s no new System Of A Down album. Come on guys, we want some new material! We’re coming at you live from our underground doomsday shelter deep in the New Mexico badlands – undisclosed location of course! Let me just adjust my tin foil hat for maximum government interference, they are trying to read your and my thoughts, you know! Oh there we go! This week we’ve got a problem. And the problem is Nazis. I mean come on, have we not learned the lessons from World War II? Nazis are bad! But now… they’re coming to your backyard! But first off… how do you identify a Backyard Nazi? Backyard Nazis… not a very good band, don’t go see them. Well first off, backyard nazis and neo-white supremacists have abandoned the traditional swastika in an attempt to go mainstream.

America’s white supremacists ban swastika in bold attempt to ‘go mainstream’

THEY burn crosses, worship the swastika and associate with figures in white hoods, but don’t tell America’s predominant neo-Nazi party it’s racist. “We are not racist, and I do not like that term,” Jeff Schoep tells news.com.au.

The commander of the National Socialist Movement — described as the party “for every patriotic white American” — has a brand new reason to protest the point.

His party is about to do something it has never done. It is making a run at the mainstream, and it is even banning the swastika. Gone. Banished from uniforms that haven’t changed since the 1960s, well before the commander joined the ranks as a 19-year-old.

... The Odal rune, a less-well-known Nazi Germany symbol, will take the place of the swastika on all official uniforms and banners. Mr Schoep says it’s a gentler approach to preaching the same messages.
https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/americas-white-supremacists-ban-swastika-in-bold-attempt-to-go-mainstream/news-story/53f68100ba52a1e33b13cf25b794d028

Well he’s not wrong there. But you know what else is wrong? Nazi comparisons. People make Nazi comparisons so much that “Ad Hitlerum” has become a logical fallacy in and of itself. Here’s the thing – if you don’t know, or you fell asleep during the World War II part of high school history class, don’t make shit up. Because people who were actual victims of the Nazis will come after you, and you will look like the colossal idiot that you are. But yeah… this happened.

he American flag behind her and microphone in hand, Connecticut state Rep. Anne Dauphinais stood on the stage at the America First rally in Plainfield Saturday and once again equated Gov. Ned Lamont's COVID-19 policies to those of former Nazi leader Adolf Hitler.

Earlier this month, Dauphinais stirred controversy after she made a Facebook post comparing Lamont to Hitler, following the governor's order for all state employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19.

Later, she would reaffirm the sentiment in another, lengthy, Facebook statement.

“Do you know why I said that?” she asked the crowd about her now-infamous social media diatribe.
“I said that because Hitler was mentioned to me almost every day by my constituents and they compare this forced medical procedure on them to the days of early Hitler when he started slowly, slowly, slowly doing what he did that led to the death of over a million, several million people – do you think that is OK?"
https://www.norwichbulletin.com/story/news/local/2021/10/26/plainfield-america-first-rally-u-s-rep-marjorie-taylor-greene/6120760001/

Sigh… yeah fuck Nazis. Elwood and Jake had the right idea. As if Nazi comparisons aren’t inane enough and way overused, there’s actually a logical fallacy called “Ad Hitlerum” that negates any argument where comparisons to Hitler and Nazi Germany are used. But there are always exceptions. And if you want to see real backyard Nazis at work, just head over to your local school board meetings. They have been attracting the crazies like flies to a bug zapper lately and it’s not going to go away any time soon, but I’ve never seen one where it’s been this blatant before. Just wait until you see what this answer is, and it will shock you!

An antisemitic tirade at a school board meeting in suburban Phoenix last week has spurred an extensive response among local officials and Jewish leaders — some of whom say they were distressed that board members did not rebut the comment at the time.

During the public comment portion of the meeting of the Chandler Unified School District board, a woman who identified herself as Melanie Rettler spoke for over a minute about critical race theory and vaccines — topics not listed on the meeting agenda but at the center of heated public debate nationwide.

Her comment crescendoed with an antisemitic claim drenched in the language of right-wing conspiracy theories.

“Every one of these things, the deep state, the cabal, the swamp, the elite — you can’t mention it, but I will — there is one race that owns all the pharmaceutical companies and these vaccines aren’t safe, they aren’t effective and they aren’t free,” Rettler said. “You know that you’re paying for it through the increase in gas prices, the increase in food prices — you’re paying for this and it’s being taken from your money and being given to these pharmaceutical companies and if you want to bring race into this: It’s the Jews.”
https://www.jta.org/2021/11/02/united-states/its-the-jews-an-antisemitic-tirade-at-an-arizona-school-board-meeting-spurs-a-response-and-debate-over-it

Oh snap!!!! There it is! Someone at a school board meeting actually went full Nazi! And you never, ever go full Nazi! Don’t be a stupid, be a smarty! Come and join the Nazi party! And by the way in case you’re wondering if your neighbor is a Nazi or not, you might want to check what he’s got recorded on his DVR because if he’s got a backlog of Tucker Carlson episodes on his DVR and a Confederate flag flying from his zip code sized F-150, you might want to alert the nearest FBI branch office, because that’s the makings of a domestic terrorist right there. And again, I’ve said it before and I will say it again – fuck Nazis!

Christopher “Crying Nazi” Cantwell, one of two dozen white supremacists and their affiliated groups being sued for their participation in the deadly 2017 “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville, prepped for his trial by watching Fox News’ Tucker Carlson, according to a report. A man who shared a prison unit with Cantwell told BuzzFeed News that a group of “the whites” would regularly gather to watch Carlson’s evening diatribes together.

Cantwell, according to the source, felt a kinship with the TV host, whose messages he reportedly found emboldening. In a 2019 filing related to the Charlottesville case, Cantwell—who is incompetently representing himself after being dumped by his disgusted lawyers—specifically wrote of sharing the same views as Carlson “on the pressing issues of our time.”

BuzzFeed News also reported that Cantwell has been receiving free legal advice from two other inmates, including a prominent white supremacist known for founding “one of the largest neo-Nazi groups in America,” according to the Southern Poverty Law Center. Matthew Hale, the SPLC has said, earned a law degree and passed the bar, but “the Illinois State Bar Association deemed Hale unfit for practice due to his racial activism.”
https://www.thedailybeast.com/neo-nazi-christopher-cantwell-reportedly-watched-tucker-carlson-in-prison-to-prep-for-charlottesville-trial

[font size="8"]People Are Dumb: Stolen U-Haul Edition
[br] [/font]
[br]

Hit it!

Of course you know by now that people are people, and people are dumb. I want to preface by saying that we got a lot of requests about the Shanghai Disneyland fiasco and look people, I know we’re still in the middle of the pandemic. And nobody said that reopening after a global pandemic was going to be easy but that’s not what people are dumb is about. After all, we want people to be alive after their random acts of stupidity. But what I do want to address is the epidemic of stolen U-Hauls. Yes, while gathering stories for the segment this week I came across an article that was suggested to me about a stolen U-Haul in Colorado. Now this is the kind of story that People Are Dumb was made for! Now here’s the thing – first off if you can get a U-Haul to get up to the kind of speeds needed in a high speed pursuit, good for you! I can barely get one to go over 55 MPH. But if you’re in a situation where you are in a high speed pursuit in a stolen U-Haul, maybe don’t call the cops during the process?

A driver who allegedly stole a U-Haul truck called police dispatch and asked for deputies to stop chasing him after they located the stolen truck.

Around 1:40 a.m. on Saturday, Adams County sheriff deputies located the stolen U-Haul parked at a convenience store on the corner of Federal Boulevard and West 80th Avenue.

When deputies approached the vehicle, the driver took off. Police pursued the truck and the driver called dispatch to ask why he was being chased and wanted the deputies to stop.

Deputies had to use tire deflation devices, and the vehicle finally stopped at West 72nd Avenue and Pecos Street, where the driver was arrested.
https://kdvr.com/news/local/suspect-who-stole-u-haul-calls-police-and-asks-for-deputies-to-stop-chasing-him/

Next up – international stupid criminals. Yes, the idea of stupid criminals, as we have pointed out on this program, isn’t exactly a uniquely American phenomenon. Sure, we do have a disproportionately large number of them, but they’re not unique to America. For this story, we go to Egypt. So this is a simple story of a stolen phone. Unbeknownst to the criminal, that phone was in the middle of a livestream recording, and the guy who took the phone, his face was seen by millions of people and now is very easily identified. Doh!

Egyptian social media users have hailed a man who inadvertently broadcast his face to thousands of people while stealing a journalist's phone as "the coolest thief in Egypt".

Mahmoud Ragheb, a reporter for the news site Youm7, was livestreaming a report on social media when the thief drove by on a motorbike and seized his phone.

The broadcast then revealed the young thief's face as he sped away from the scene casually smoking a cigarette.

Police have since announced his arrest.

According to Youm7, the incident happened on a bridge in Egypt's fourth-largest city, Shubra Al-Khaimah, where Mr Ragheb was reporting on the after-effects of a 6.2-magnitude earthquake that rattled parts of Egypt.

Mr Ragheb was filming the bridge when his phone was grabbed roughly from his hands by the unnamed thief. Once the camera had stopped shaking it revealed the face of a young man smoking a cigarette and checking slightly nervously behind him to see if anyone was in pursuit.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-58980533

Next up – going back to Colorado. Look you know how I always equate hiking in unknown territory with death right? Well no one died in this story. But they actually did what any like minded person with caller ID would do. But if you’re lost in the woods and you’re waiting to be extracted, maybe you should answer your damn phone so that the rescue crews can locate you! But we are happy to report again that no one died and no harm was done. But still… answer your phone.

WHDH) — A hiker who was lost on a mountain for about 24 hours ignored calls from rescue crews because he didn’t recognize the phone number, officials said.

The hiker was reported missing last week after they never returned from a trek on Mount Elbert in Colorado, the highest summit of the Rocky Mountains, according to Lake County Search and Rescue.

After an unsuccessful search of an area where hikers typically get lost, crews learned that the lost individual had returned to their place of lodging.

“One notable take-away is that the subject ignored repeated phone calls from us because they didn’t recognize the number,” officials said in a news release. “If you’re overdue according to your itinerary, and you start getting repeated calls from an unknown number, please answer the phone.”

Read the rest at: https://whdh.com/news/hiker-lost-on-mountain-for-24-hours-ignored-calls-from-rescuers-because-he-didnt-recognize-phone-number/

Next up – of course we can’t get out of here without mentioning our old friend Florida Man. One of my favorite subcategories of stupid criminal is police officer impersonators. I love a good police impersonator story. And of course this comes from our favorite state, the state of Florida. As Tracy Jordan and Homer Simpson have both called it “The Penis Of America”. But yeah not only was he impersonating an officer, but his Dodge Charger was also impersonating a police car!

A St. Cloud man was arrested Friday, accused of speeding through traffic while fraudulently posing as a law enforcement officer.

According to the Florida Highway Patrol, a trooper first spotted 60-year-old Hector Bonet driving northbound on State Road 417 Friday morning, going more than 15 miles per hour over the posted speed limit.

According to Bonet’s arrest report, the trooper noticed other vehicles on the road were avoiding Bonet’s car as though he were an emergency vehicle. It’s at that point the trooper noticed the flashing red and blue lights on Bonet’s car.

The trooper noted that there were no FHP units responding to emergencies in the area and initiated a traffic stop on the vehicle.
https://www.wftv.com/news/local/st-cloud-man-accused-impersonating-an-officer-while-speeding-through-traffic/4ZXCR2E6FJCCFPZHLEDC4W4EYE/

Finally this week – another stupid criminal story involving food. No, this does not involve someone burning a McDonalds to the ground because they ran out of chicken nuggets. No, this does involve my favorite food pizza. And this guy not only broke into cars, he left a trail of pizza. Trail Of Pizza, by the way, awesome band. I saw them at the Troubadour last week. And not only was there pizza involved, there were also stolen credit cards. Florida… D’oh!!!

A pizza-eating suspect responsible for a pair of car break-ins was caught after deputies followed a trail of evidence in Deltona.

Dewey J. Smith, 38, was arrested on Wednesday after being caught walking down the street, carrying victims’ credit cards and IDs. The victims reported the car break-ins around 7:30 A.M. on Jefferson Avenue. Deputies with the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office responded to the scene and discovered one of the car’s center console was open and a glove box rummaged through. The victim’s wallet was also missing. According to deputies, marinara sauce was on the inside handle of the driver’s side door.

Authorities also noticed an empty pizza box at the scene where there was another car break-in. A 9mm handgun and an old concealed weapons permit were missing, according to officials.

Neighbors told deputies Smith stopped by a couple of times overnight, asking if she knew anyone looking to buy a gun. Smith was also carrying a white grocery bag that contained credit cards and gift cards. One of the neighbors reported that he wanted her to call a number to check the balance on a gift card, but she refused. Additionally, the neighbor ordered Little Caesar’s pizza and Smith took the pizza box out of the garbage.

The stolen credit cards were used in the overnight and early morning hours at three gas stations in Deltona.
https://nbc-2.com/news/crime/2021/10/28/florida-man-arrested-for-leaving-pizza-trail-of-clues-for-deputies/

That’s it this week for:

[font size="8"]Red State Diaries: JFK Jr Redux
[br] [/font]
[br]

Welcome back to our segment that explores what the MAGA cult is up to after the 2020 election to end all elections! Last week we discussed the “Let’s Go Brandon” meme and how that has took off like a rocket among the MAGA voters. This week, something truly bizarre in Dallas is happening. Apparently the MAGA crew thinks that JFK Jr. is going to somehow reappear and confirm that he’s going to expose “the deep state”, whatever that is. And if you want to a group of people who are truly detached from reality, look no further than these idiots. Think of this like the Peanuts special “It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” which is revered as a Halloween TV staple. This shit started two years ago at the height of the Q Anon popularity when someone was able to convince people that JFK Jr was still alive and had survived his plane crash, and was working underground to expose “the Deep State”. Well just like Linus was waiting for the Great Pumpkin, the Q crowd was waiting for JFK Jr.

QAnon supporters are gathering for an event in Texas on Tuesday at which they falsely believe JFK junior will reveal he is not dead and announce a 2024 presidential run with Donald Trump, the former president.

Pictures posted on social media appear to show scores of people outside the AT&T Discovery Plaza in downtown Dallas overnight on Monday, many of them wearing T-shirts displaying support for Mr Trump.

According to images shared by the journalist Steven Monacelli, publisher of the Protean magazine and a contributor to the Daily Beast and Byline Times, some of those present were dressed in political campaign-style T-shirts emblazoned with the words: “Trump/JFK J”.

Mr Monacelli said a “popular QAnon theory recently is that JFK Jr of the Kennedy family will be making a big announcement at Dealey Plaza by the grassy knoll sometime tomorrow”.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/qanon-jfk-junior-trump-2024-b1949713.html

Sigh… this is a special kind of idiocy and you know that it won’t end any time soon. It seems like the internet has been a magnifying glass for stupid, insane theories and the stupider they are the more likely they are to circulate. I just can’t even begin to contemplate the sheer insanity of these people. How warped are their brains that they actually believe this stuff enough to show up and think that there’s going to be some kind of religious awakening? I just… ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

QAnon, a subset of Trump supporters known for spouting wild conspiracy theories about global pedophile rings, now believe that John F. Kennedy Jr., who died in a plane crash in 1999, is still alive and secretly attending Trump rallies.

Travis View, who follows and frequently comments on developments within the QAnon community, notes that many QAnon followers were particularly excited this week to see Pennsylvania Trump supporter Vincent Fusca show up at one of the president’s rallies.

The reason this caused such excitement, View explains, is that QAnon supporters believe that Fusca is actually JFK Jr., as documented by the tweets below.

NBC News reporter Ben Collins notes that the theory about Vincet Fusca being JFK Jr. has taken off like wildfire on YouTube, where typing in “JFK Jr.” will result in autocomplete results that include Fusca as one of the top choices. Additionally, searching for only JFK Jr. on YouTube turns up a slew of QAnon conspiracy videos.

One video linking Fusca to JFK Jr. has more than 110,000 views so far — and others that show up in search results have also racked up tens of thousands of views.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/trump-loving-conspiracy-nuts-think-jfk-jr-still-alive-secretly-attending-trump-rallies/

Seriously… times like this I wish I smoked because I need something to clear my brain after reading that sludge. But this not only attracted supporters to Dealy Plaza where JFK was killed, it attracted hundreds of supporters. How can they say it’s not a cult when they engage in cult behavior on a daily basis? It’s truly mind boggling. And no we’re not getting to the payoff just yet. And if you think I am kidding about this, I am absolutely not, that I can assure you!

Hundreds of QAnon supporters are currently traveling from all across the U.S. to Dallas, where they expect to see John F. Kennedy suddenly reappear on Tuesday night and ordain former President Donald Trump as the “king of kings.”

Some QAnon followers were so eager to secure their place for the return of JFK that on Monday night hundreds of them gathered in Dealey Plaza, where Kennedy was shot in 1963, waiting for the latest QAnon conspiracy theory to come true.

QAnon influencers are promoting several different versions of the conspiracy theory, and of what will supposedly happen Tuesday night.

According to Whiplash347, an account with almost 250,000 followers, Trump will be reinstated as the 18th president of the United States, because everything since 1871 (the date the Sovereign Citizen movement claims the U.S. became a corporation) is “illegal.”
https://www.vice.com/en/article/xgd85a/qanon-dallas-jfk-trump

This is seriously the textbook definition of a cult. Like how can they call us sheep when they’re the ones who are flocking to see their leader in a cult sitting in a cage on a farm? You can’t get much more sheep like than that. But needless to say this very phenomenon is the textbook definition of what the Top 10 is all about. This is without a doubt, one of the dumbest, unquestionably stupid theories that they’ve ever come up with. And they’ve come up with a lot of stupid theories!

It's been almost a year since former President Donald Trump lost his bid for re-election to President Joe Biden, but that hasn't stopped QAnon, a pro-Trump conspiracy theory. On Tuesday, people following the far-right fringe movement gathered in Dallas for group's latest outlandish claim: that John F. Kennedy Jr., who died in a plane crash in 1999, will show up and usher in the return of Trump.

That, like most of what the QAnon conspiracy predicts, is totally bogus.

The belief that JFK Jr. is still alive and acting as a secret confidant for Trump started in 2018, according to Travis View, the pseudonym for the QAnon expert. Like many of what the Q followers believe, it started with a post on the anonymous imageboard 4Chan. A person who called themselves "R" posted a picture of JFK Jr. with Trump. Since then, QAnon believers not only expected the son of President John F. Kennedy to miraculously be alive, but they also claimed he would be Trump's running mate. There are even some people in the movement claiming they themselves are JFK Jr.

QAnon believers camped out at Dealey Plaza -- the site where Kennedy was assassinated -- on Tuesday. The conspiracy claims JFK Jr. will return sometime in the evening. From there, he himself will become President of the United States or somehow have the power to turn over the office to Trump.

There is no truth to this claim whatsoever, but that hasn't stopped QAnon believers before.
https://www.cnet.com/news/qanon-faq-why-q-believers-think-jfk-jr-is-returning-today/

[font size="4"]Next week:[/font]

Next week we’ve got some insane candidates who are running in the 2022 midterms! Be afraid, be very very afraid!

Thank you Chicago! We’re off to Milwaukee next with live music from Garbage! See you next week!

Credits

Host: Initech
Top 10 Conservative Idiots Recorded At: San Jose Improv, San Jose, CA
Images: All images copyright belongs to respective copyright holders.
Videos: All videos copyright belongs to respective copyright holders
Articles: All article content copyright belongs to respective copyright holders
Writing: Top 10 Writing Department
Graphics: Top 10 Graphics Department
Research: Top 10 Research Department
Lighting & Stage Props: Top 10 Lighting Department
Legal: Top 10 Legal Department
Advertising: Top 10 Advertising Department
HR: Top 10 Human Resources Department
Initech’s Wardrobe Provided By: JAB Inc.
Wheel Of Corruption By: Studio 1 Stage Props, Burbank, CA
Management: Initech Productions, CCC Management
Follow The Top 10 On Twitter at: @10Idiots
Follow The Holy Church Of The Top 10 On Twitter: @churchoftop10
Questions? Comments? Complaints? Hate mail? E-mail The Top 10 at: [email protected]

Initech Productions: Yes, We Got The Memo

0 replies, 255 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Reply to this thread